Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whistling sound around 70-80mph

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
Sometimes when I get up to about 70-80mph I hear a high pitched whistle. But it only happens when it seems that I am getting some wind coming from the side. And if I slow down ( don't do that much :biggrin: ) it will go away untill I return to the higher speed. Also it sounds like it is coming from the middle rear of the hood. Can someone please help, because it is really annoying!?:dontknow:

morcheez

Reaction score
i have had the same problem lately ....and its picky to ...like a 1 mph difference will stop the noise :dontknow:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
if im not mistaking there was a deal with the piece thats under the windshield wipers causing this. I think they may have been a tsb out for this :hmmmm2:

Jonathan

Reaction score
its the seal at the top of the windsheild. i got that fixed 1.5years ago, no issues since.

bignfast

Reaction score
Me to, but I was told it's because the origanal owner opened the scoop.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Me to, but I was told it's because the origanal owner opened the scoop.

horsehockey.gif

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Who told you that? The dealers will find anything wrong with the truck so they can blame it on it and not have to do work.

j98gst

Reaction score
It happen to me also when i removed the piece from the hood . But only at high end speeds and when the vent in open for the cab.

bignfast

Reaction score
that's a big BS by whoever told you that

Mine doesn't really whistle, but as soon as gets over 80 it buzzes. Similar to the sound of a baseball card in the tire spoke on the old bike. If I turn on the recycle air it goes away a little.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Mine doesn't really whistle, but as soon as gets over 80 it buzzes. Similar to the sound of a baseball card in the tire spoke on the old bike. If I turn on the recycle air it goes away a little.

Sounds like the blower motor.

Top Bottom