Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write up: Dakota Digital Speedometer Calibrator

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to install the Dakota Digital Speedometer Calibrator for the T56 Swap, but I thought this may be useful for some people if they wanted to re-calibrate for different tire sizes or whatever else.

This is actually a simple install. The unit needs power, ground input signal wire, and output signal wire.

The connector is located behind the glove box, its the black connector sitting off by itself.
dd1.JPG

The wire is the red wire with a yellow stripe, cut the wire with enough room to work on both sides.

Thanks to Torspd for this recommendation: Make the wires long enough so you can place the module in your lap for calibration, otherwise you will need someone riding shotgun to mess with the box while you are driving.
dd3.JPG

I attached a yellow and a green wire. The green (output) wire is going to the red/yellow from the connector.

dd2.JPG

The yellow (input) wire is going to the red/yellow from the harness

dd5.JPG
I ha

Then find a power (switched with ignition) and ground. I am not going to go into this because there are so many ways to do it, tap cig lighter, radio harness, add-a-circuit in the fuse box etc...

Note the connections and dip switches on my box. This is setup for the T56 conversion, refer to the Dakota Digital instructions for your situation.

dd6.JPG

(sorry I taped everything up before I took the pics, if you have any questions let me know.)

Remember when adjusting the speed HOLD the up or down button in and the needle will slowly rise or fall.
This may be obvious but do not try and adjust the speed when the cruise control is on, hold the throttle steady with your foot and reference a GPS navi unit. I calibrated at 65mph.

Copy of the Dakota Digital instructions:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0lLL6F1YfNJN1owaVRpeXN6amc/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Top Bottom