Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB tailgate spoiler

MillsXR

Reaction score
If any of you guys are willing to sell one of these, I would be happy to buy it. Pn: 00016-35014 I tried getting it from SE Toyota dealers but they would not let me due to the fact that it is vin restricted. Or if there is any way to get one (maybe someone with the right vin) please let me know.

X'ED

Reaction score
good luck! i just ordered one from my toyota dealer, i guess my vin was good enough..lol

but i ordered mine about a month ago, and still no word of when it will be here.... at first it was "oh its on backorder, and will be about 10 bussn. days for it to be here" well that turned into " well.. it is on backorder, and i dont have an ETA of when it will be here"....Fail!

hope its worth the wait...

but ya good luck on finding one tho!

Reverend_d

Reaction score
YA I want one but the wait is just crazy...hope a mold gets made for it hint hint!!!

redarkx

Reaction score
Reverend_d said:
YA I want one but the wait is just crazy...hope a mold gets made for it hint hint!!!

Oh babyboi.... That was for you.

adamewwy

Reaction score
how much would you be willing to pay for one? For the right price I may have one for sale..

Night

Reaction score
They are VIN restricted?

I am going to see if I can buy one at the dealer. I will let you know about the results.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I thought they got discontinued awhile ago.
I don't understand why they would be vin restricted. If you want something, and have the money for it who the hell cares what vin its associated with. I think your dealership is full of shit.

widdoz runner

Reaction score
right now its on standby cause toyota doesnt got any in the warehouse and the company they outsourced the spoiler too hasnt had good communications so toyota cant even get them its vin locked caused of it being a region item(according to the warehouse and a few dealerships) they dont have a clue on whats going on so yea dont hold your breath on that... now babyboi gots projects going on but we're waiting on him so BAAABBYYYYYBOOIIIIIIII!!!!!!

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
best bet is lurk EBAY and all other tacoma forums. If not just wait and see what babyboi can come up with hopefully.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
ya cant wait for babybois spoiler! i think finding a spoiler is nearly impossible

MillsXR

Reaction score
how much would you be willing to pay for one? For the right price I may have one for sale..

well i heard retail is like 250, and some people getting it for 200. I would be comfortable paying probably up to maybe 300. also the shipping is another thing since i do live in Hawaii. :thumbdown:

They are VIN restricted?

I am going to see if I can buy one at the dealer. I will let you know about the results.

thanks man! yeah keep us updated.

ya cant wait for babybois spoiler! i think finding a spoiler is nearly impossible

is there a thread or something about babybois spoiler? this is the first time i am hearing about this.

Last edited:

Reverend_d

Reaction score
They are VIN restricted?

if you give vin they will release it to anyone they are just tracking what truck has it, due to it being a regional. item.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
if you give vin they will release it to anyone they are just tracking what truck has it, due to it being a regional. item.

unfortunately we all know how it is with the stealership. It's either a great time :blurock: or a complete awful fail :thumbdown:

Seems like these things are extremely back ordered from toyota anyways with no clear ETA

Workman3886

Reaction score
This is one thing almost everyone on here can agree on, we want tailgate spoilers! I sure hope something falls through soon!

MillsXR

Reaction score

i called a bunch of SE dealers and gave them my vin and they would not let me order one.. they said it is only a replacement part so basically your truck had to come with it from the dealer. it was some kind of special package... and if the VIN numbers dont match up, they wont let you. you have to grab someones vin number from a truck that has that package which includes that spoiler

X'ED

Reaction score
i called a bunch of SE dealers and gave them my vin and they would not let me order one.. they said it is only a replacement part so basically your truck had to come with it from the dealer. it was some kind of special package... and if the VIN numbers dont match up, they wont let you. you have to grab someones vin number from a truck that has that package which includes that spoiler

this is exactly what my dealer told me.. that it could only be ordered (baahahaha) if it was a "replacement part"

L3G10N

Reaction score
i'd be willing to part with mine since i'm selling the truck but it DOES have cracks on the ends. (easy to fix with jb weld or any plastic welding epoxy) and it sure could use some armor all.

it'd be a hassle for me to pull it off though due to the 3m tape that it comes with so i'd be asking a fair bit for it despite the condition. that plus shipping to the big island... :(

also, i think i bought mine from TTC, do they still have them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom