Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xrunner winter

Ballin_xrunner

Reaction score
Does anyone drive there xrunner in the winter on snow. I tried with the stock tires but there was no hope getting down the street. Let me know if anyone has tried driving there x on the snow and what tires they use etc.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
From reading other post on winter tires most X owners change their tires for the winter.

i_ski

Reaction score
I think I was running Hankook W300 Icebear 225/50/18 tires and they did alright in the snow but certainly not great and the tread wear was anything but good. Oh and weight over the rear axle is CRITICAL.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Does anyone drive there xrunner in the winter on snow. I tried with the stock tires but there was no hope getting down the street. Let me know if anyone has tried driving there x on the snow and what tires they use etc.

Where do you live? :dontknow: I thought it's about 100 degrees almost everywhere in USA!

j/k... In the snow you should change to a set of snow tires or put on some chains/cables.

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
Narrow, studded snow tires are your friend

I run TINY 195's with studs in them

And it still slides around like a mofo with 400lbs over the axle.

XRLover25

Reaction score
I drove my truck up the mountains in a damn snow storm (from NC to OH), unintentially. I was going on leave back home and the weather was nice and all of the sudden it was nothing but white!! It handled as good as any other car that I have ever had, it does get a little squirely on starts, but when you are going I was trusting it, going anywhere from 40 to 80 in snow and was taking the corners with no slip... Same in the rain, heavy or light. I trust my truck and my stock kicks!! That's my two cents...

07xrunner

Reaction score
na we dont have winters down here anymore lol ....i cant even rember the last time it snowed here:laugh: :argh:

nblazing

Reaction score
i tried on stock tires and got stuck in a flat col-de-sac and i have to drive mine in the winter so this winter i am getting winter tires and i am going to put a hell of a lot of weight in the back prolly salt bags so i can use them when im done in the water softener.

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
I live in cincinnati ohio we get some pretty heavy snows ive also been in cleveland when they have had blizzards i used the stockers with 300lbs of sand over the axle the trick to driving anything in snow is KNOWING how to drive in snow nuff said..... if your a "driver" you will be fine if your a "non-driver" you might want to buy replacement tires an switch them accordingly. See if you got what it takes.....I know i never got stuck or wrecked last year........

Matt's06

Reaction score
I have some winterforce snow tires with rims I will sell you for 450 shipped obo. They are almost brand new. I used them for one snow season and put maybe 1000 miles on them. I bought a winter beater car. The truck drove vey well, but they use a lot of salt on the roads here and I don't want any rust.

Xample

Reaction score
winterforces tires rock!!! i sell them and use them great tire!!!

Top Bottom