Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

13.71 @ 104.65mph

trd_sport

Reaction score
Jason just in case you decide to run drag radials yiou have to pass another requirement, but if you keep your street tires you're good till 13.00. I only mention this since you are trying to get 12's.

*A driveshaft loop is required on all cars running 13.99 (8.59) seconds and quicker, except vehicles running 13.00 and slower equipped with street tires

This is at HRP, but I'd imagine its the same in San Antonio Raceway.

Reaction score
driveline loop and they might make you take a lug off to make sure the studs go far enough into the lugs. but i figure i'll just get some 15's with some mickey thompson E.T. Streets, and run the open end lug nuts.

for a driveline loop you can get em cheap or make your own, just has to be something to keep the driveline from hitting the track

5000XD

Reaction score
Hey congrats man! Seen this thread today. Those are some great great times!!

WCD

Reaction score
It's a 2-piece driveline, so does that mean he would need 2 loops?

daveczrn

Reaction score
It's a 2-piece driveline, so does that mean he would need 2 loops?

Yes.. i believe there is a rule about having two drive shafts as well. once you go so fast you need just one. or something like that

SinCity R/T

Reaction score
Congrats on the new best!

700' DA - I wish... At least LVMS pulled their leads 1 millmeter out of their ass this year and left 2 late events on the calendar so people can actually race when the conditions are best - going to see if I can drop a few tenths off my time on 11/17 or 12/12 since my best pass was done in July when DA was over 5000'.

and as mentioned by some other folks - next on your mods list should definitely be some drag radials (or maybe some 710's so you can share them at an auto-x). It will be an easy way to drop at least a couple of tenths off your time, especially if you pick a diameter that optimizes your final gear ratio.

I know my situation is a bit extreme, but my 60's went from 2.4 to 1.6/1.7 with a tire upgrade - made a huge difference.

Last edited:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
and as mentioned by some other folks - next on your mods list should definitely be some drag radials (or maybe some 710's so you can share them at an auto-x). It will be an easy way to drop at least a couple of tenths off your time, especially if you pick a diameter that optimizes your final gear ratio

I picked up a pair(Kuhmo V710s) of these as well. They dropped my consistant 14.9s back to 14.6s that i had on stock tires with a good clutch, now that my clutch is slipping bad and wont hold a launch well, im sure i can really improve once i get a new clutch.

rat7761

Reaction score
The following is for NHRA sanctioned tracks.

Here are more details on a driveshaft loop. It must be a 360 degree enclosure minimum 1/4" thick and 2" wide. It must also be mounted within 6" of the front U-joint. Summit or Jeg's sell universal NHRA accepted loops.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CEE%2D3028&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Also, if you run aftermarket wheels (like Weld Drag-Lites) with shank style lug nuts, the stud must protrude into the hex portion of the lug nut at least the diameter of the stud. In other words, a 12mm stud must protrude at least 12mm into the hex of the lug nut. As mentioned previously, lug nuts must be open ended in order for the tech inspectors to check if you're meeting the requirements. A current Snell approved helmet is required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Snell 95 helmets are expired. It can be full face or open face. This is a gray area but all non-OEM supercharged, non-OEM turbocharged, or nitrous equipped cars with an OEM or .024-inch steel firewall running 10.00-13.99 need an SFI Spec 3.2A/1 jacket.

Last edited:

daveczrn

Reaction score
This is a gray area but all non-OEM supercharged, non-OEM turbocharged, or nitrous equipped cars with an OEM or .024-inch steel firewall running 10.00-13.99 need an SFI Spec 3.2A/1 jacket.

gray area? Sounds pretty cut and dry to me.. I guess it's up to the track to inforce it though. OEM firewall (which we have) running with a supercharger(no installed at the factory) running 10.00 to 13.99 (he falls in there) requires a fire jacket...

thanks for the info by the way:top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
The following is for NHRA sanctioned tracks.

Here are more details on a driveshaft loop. It must be a 360 degree enclosure minimum 1/4" thick and 2" wide. It must also be mounted within 6" of the front U-joint. Summit or Jeg's sell universal NHRA accepted loops.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CEE%2D3028&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Also, if you run aftermarket wheels (like Weld Drag-Lites) with shank style lug nuts, the stud must protrude into the hex portion of the lug nut at least the diameter of the stud. In other words, a 12mm stud must protrude at least 12mm into the hex of the lug nut. As mentioned previously, lug nuts must be open ended in order for the tech inspectors to check if you're meeting the requirements. A current Snell approved helmet is required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Snell 95 helmets are expired. It can be full face or open face. This is a gray area but all non-OEM supercharged, non-OEM turbocharged, or nitrous equipped cars with an OEM or .024-inch steel firewall running 10.00-13.99 need an SFI Spec 3.2A/1 jacket.

Here are the rules from my track.

-All cars are required to have working seat belts
-Drivers in all cars running 13.99 or quicker (8.59) are required to have a Snell approved helmet, 80, 85, 90 of SFI 31.1 or 31.2 specs
-All drivers are required to wear long pants and a tee shirt. No tank tops are allowed
-A roll bar is required in cars running 11.49 or quicker (7.49) except for convertibles which are required to have a roll bar if running 13.99 (8.59) or quicker
-A drive shaft loop is required if the car runs 13.99 (8.59) or quicker with racing slicks or 12.99 (8.14) or quicker on street tires
-Roll cages are mandatory in cars running 9.99 (6.99) or quicker
-Drivers in cars running 9.99 (6.39) or quicker are required to wear a fire retardant jacket, pants and neck collar of SFI approved spec 3.2 A/5
-Any car running 10.99 (6.99) or quicker is required to have a SFI approved harmonic balancer. No stock balancers will be allowed
-Full all leathers are mandatory for the riders of motorcycles running 120 MPH or faster. Leather boots or shoes above the ankle, leather jacket and leather gloves are mandatory for the riders of all motorcycles
-Drivers of cars running 9.9 (6.39) or quicker are required to have a valid IHRA competition license
-Vehicles must have one functional tail light for night operations. Flashing, blinking or strobe lights will be fine
-Any car running 9.99 (6.39) or quicker which has a full roll cage is required to have a SFI approved window net
-No two steps, no throttle stops, no trans brakes, no delay boxes and no electric or pneumatic shifters in the Footbrake Class
-All cars running 9.00 (6.39) or quicker must have chassis certifications. Cars in the Trophy eliminatory will be restricted to 13.00 or slower

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Lmao, my track doesnt enforce any of those rules unless you run 12.99 or faster.

Guess we got it easy around here.

megabitez

Reaction score
wow man VERY nice!! i cant wait till moroso opens back up next month. but very nice bro

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Here are the rules from my track.

-All cars are required to have working seat belts
-Drivers in all cars running 13.99 or quicker (8.59) are required to have a Snell approved helmet, 80, 85, 90 of SFI 31.1 or 31.2 specs
-All drivers are required to wear long pants and a tee shirt. No tank tops are allowed
-A roll bar is required in cars running 11.49 or quicker (7.49) except for convertibles which are required to have a roll bar if running 13.99 (8.59) or quicker
-A drive shaft loop is required if the car runs 13.99 (8.59) or quicker with racing slicks or 12.99 (8.14) or quicker on street tires
-Roll cages are mandatory in cars running 9.99 (6.99) or quicker
-Drivers in cars running 9.99 (6.39) or quicker are required to wear a fire retardant jacket, pants and neck collar of SFI approved spec 3.2 A/5
-Any car running 10.99 (6.99) or quicker is required to have a SFI approved harmonic balancer. No stock balancers will be allowed
-Full all leathers are mandatory for the riders of motorcycles running 120 MPH or faster. Leather boots or shoes above the ankle, leather jacket and leather gloves are mandatory for the riders of all motorcycles
-Drivers of cars running 9.9 (6.39) or quicker are required to have a valid IHRA competition license
-Vehicles must have one functional tail light for night operations. Flashing, blinking or strobe lights will be fine
-Any car running 9.99 (6.39) or quicker which has a full roll cage is required to have a SFI approved window net
-No two steps, no throttle stops, no trans brakes, no delay boxes and no electric or pneumatic shifters in the Footbrake Class
-All cars running 9.00 (6.39) or quicker must have chassis certifications. Cars in the Trophy eliminatory will be restricted to 13.00 or slower

WOW, those rules are RIDICULOUS! I can understand they don't want people to die, but those limit things sooooo much.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So just a quick comparison... These are from a GTO that is putting down about 347rwhp... about what I should be at.. Just goes to show how bad our 1-2 gearing is... :thumpdown:

1/4 Mile ET: 13.160
1/4 Mile MPH: 104.580
1/8 Mile ET: 8.530
1/8 Mile MPH: 85.020
0-60 Foot ET: 2.045

Further comparison shows that the goat's second half acceleration was 4.63 seconds to accelerate 19.56mph. Where as I did 23.71mph in 4.75 seconds. Man, got to find away to get quicker off the line...

Last edited:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
So just a quick comparison... These are from a GTO that is putting down about 347rwhp... about what I should be at.. Just goes to show how bad our 1-2 gearing is... :thumpdown:

1/4 Mile ET: 13.160
1/4 Mile MPH: 104.580
1/8 Mile ET: 8.530
1/8 Mile MPH: 85.020
0-60 Foot ET: 2.045

Dude, or suspension and gearing is bad for the 1/4 period. Sadly, a Prerunner with the same mods, should be able to get better times than an X.

trd_sport

Reaction score
:eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue: let the debate begin:laugh:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
:eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue: let the debate begin:laugh:

tbh, there shouldn't be a debate about it, when it comes to the straight line, the PreRunner is setup better. Stock PreRunner can easily pull 15.3s consistently, where a stock X is going to pull 15.5s.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
tbh, there shouldn't be a debate about it, when it comes to the straight line, the PreRunner is setup better. Stock PreRunner can easily pull 15.3s consistently, where a stock X is going to pull 15.5s.

depending on driver.

Top Bottom