Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

5 minute clutch mod

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
i wanna see more pics and see how it looks! I also wanna feel if i like it too

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
To reduce the clutch pedal travel...

Like a short shift kit on the shifter this make the clutch pedal throw shorter....

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone other than Jeremy have pics of this mod completed? I know a few of you do because he did it for you after XFE......

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't actually done mine yet when the weather warms up I will take lots

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
And you'll give me a hand with mine right? Haha

I can man, I have a few spare table feet that Jeremy bought at xfe. I took em since my truck was MIA at the meet.

Pick a day and swing by:top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
martha stewartering the hell out of out truck one homedepot trip at a time... haha

the chair clutch mod

im down i want to see some pics.... make sure the clutch engagement looks right...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya, put a nut on the threads and wind it all the way down before you cut. That way once you've cut it you can "straighten" or "re-thread" the end by backing the nut all the way off. It'll have a burr on the end after the cut is made.

IH8PIGS

Reaction score
I just installed a short throw kit and was longing for a solution to the long clutch pedal travel. You're right on time, thanks!

Reverend_d

Reaction score
i just did this mod two days ago and holy cow ... what a difference. I did the three penny idea and adjusted my plunger. 1/8 play in the pedal and a quicker more comfortable pedal than before.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Jeremy helped me with this at XFE. I've been using it since with no problems, and i love it. I'll try and get some pics tonight.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Took some pictures to help clarify a little. I put everything back at stock, then did it again and yes it is quick, easy and easily reversible if you don't like it. Just be sure to hold onto the green grommet.
So first off, here's where you start. The clutch pedal is the one with the red line. Right above that you can barely see the green grommet.
DSC03973.jpg

DSC03974.jpg

After that is removed:
DSC03980.jpg

The piston is behind the clutch. The most frustrating part is lying on your back trying to get this.
DSC04012.jpg

The length of the foot doesn't matter much because you're going to remove the excess. What matters more is the diameter of the thread so that it fits in the hole. With the ones we had, we cut 1/4 or about three thread lengths. Here are the measurements of the threaded part (after excess removed)
DSC03978.jpg

DSC03977.jpg

and compared to the stock plastic grommet
DSC03976.jpg

After you insert the foot you add the threaded plastic piece that it comes with and tighten.
DSC03990.jpg

Your threads should be flush or a tiny bit protruding from the plastic nut piece.
DSC03987.jpg

DSC04000.jpg

After that drive and enjoy! The play feels a lot better and keep that green grommet somewhere like the center console in case you want to change it back.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard about this mod and it sounds interesting for sure.

I think I may have to try this in the near future. As asked before to the people who have had this done for any amount of time. Has anybody seen any down falls to the mod

Top Bottom