Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

650hp XR!?!??!!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Start off, no, this is not my truck...This video was recommended to me on my youtube page....

So uh.... 650hp...I see a fellow member, already commented on it...Some one with a quite a bit of experience in DR. Xrunnit makes a few good points :top: But last i recall, no one has ever come close to this time, let alone with massive rims...:hmmmm2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdU_i1Pc2-c&feature=related

let the pot stirring begin...

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Im thinking about one of the points Xrunnit brought up in his comment....I 'THINK' the reason he didnt spin through second and 3rd so bad, was because of all the extra inertia of those damn rims. even if they are lighter, which i doubt, the weight is farther out from the central point, meaning more energy is needed to spin/stop them. That's my 2 cents...

Really hope he joins up on here...i'd love to learn more about his setup...

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
"There are very few XR's that have over 400hp to begin with.The fasted XR that I can compare mine too is the 505hp supercharged RTR from TRD & they ran 12.1 @113mph & didnt spin at all (on slicks) .They also ran a 12.01 .My truck spins 1st & 2nd gear not 3rd Im running bigger rims with the stock gears in diff. Some of the runs in my video were 12.45 et. passes I ran 1 12.1 @114mph. I have my dyno sheet and will post it soon...."

off his comments on the video

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Hmmm....:hmmmm2: video is video, I wanna see slips. He must have done ALOT to the suspension and done weight reduction with a built motor to do that.

X-roller

Reaction score
he isn't running 650 hp.... regardless if those rims weighed 50 lbs a piece (nearly double the weight of stock ones) I still would see a trap speed of 118 or higher.... he is probably closer to about 550 to the wheels.... he may be pushing 650 hp out the crank i'll give him that.... but not to the wheels... still a nice set up and he did it right by getting a different intake made. That truck has a ton of potential now and I hope he does join this community so we can see his set up and learn more about it.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
The pictures in that thread on TW look VERY much like the PSI truck. They blew their motor before running down the track (from what I heard). And every time I tried to get in contact with them about the truck, I never got a straight answer, always "well we are working on some things"

At the beginning it says "12.1". Through that vid, not a single trip down the track showed the ET or MPH, there were no timeslips provided, nor was a MPH ever mentioned.

I like to question information provided before I believe it. A lot of shift mo-fukas out there, especially on the interwebs.

X-roller

Reaction score
That turbo looks pretty big for him to be pushing 29lbs and only pushing 650... I just realized that... looks like a 60 trim. (equivalent of a gt30r) so pretty big turbo for 29 lbs and claims TWINS at that.... rexrunner ran 7lbs on a SINGLE gt35r and pushed closed to 500.... so I have to call bs unless that turbo is a small t28 twin and even then i'm not sure they are even rated that high... I think some of them are rated for like 350

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cannot tell much from the video unfortunately. To grainy.

Maybe he will speak up in the thread he started over there. Have some good questions for him.

Like, who made the intake?

That turbo looks pretty big for him to be pushing 29lbs and only pushing 650... I just realized that... looks like a 60 trim. (equivalent of a gt30r) so pretty big turbo for 29 lbs and claims TWINS at that.... rexrunner ran 7lbs on a SINGLE gt35r and pushed closed to 500.... so I have to call bs unless that turbo is a small t28 twin and even then i'm not sure they are even rated that high... I think some of them are rated for like 350

Unfortunately my friend, it isn't mathmatically possible to have made 500 whp on 7 psi on the stock motor these trucks come with. No way.

I am not bashing his kit, but I have just proved it with mine, only to be backed up by the other 4x4 member who did a front mount conversion, zr2ee. As well as megabitz who had a twin, and made around 400 as well. That dyno was off or something else was going on.

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
In his very first run you can CLEARLY see he runs a 111 trap speed!... It's official bs.... :laugh: still a nice set up but no where near 650...

Cannot tell much from the video unfortunately. To grainy.

Maybe he will speak up in the thread he started over there. Have some good questions for him.

Like, who made the intake?

Unfortunately my friend, it isn't mathmatically possible to have made 500 whp on 7 psi on the stock motor these trucks come with. No way.

I am not bashing his kit, but I have just proved it with mine, only to be backed up by the other 4x4 member who did a front mount conversion, zr2ee. As well as megabitz who had a twin, and made around 400 as well. That dyno was off or something else was going on.

on a 35r?... that's a pretty big turbo and given our high compression of 10:1 for boosted applications that is kinda high.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
In his very first run you can CLEARLY see he runs a 111 trap speed!... It's official bs.... :laugh: still a nice set up but no where near 650...

on a 35r?... that's a pretty big turbo and given our high compression of 10:1 for boosted applications that is kinda high.

35r is big on an evo or GTI...not our truck...lol

*single 35r....twin...yah, you could see 650hp...but at 29lbs!?!?!?! super bs on that figure.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Im thinking about one of the points Xrunnit brought up in his comment....I 'THINK' the reason he didnt spin through second and 3rd so bad, was because of all the extra inertia of those damn rims. even if they are lighter, which i doubt, the weight is farther out from the central point, meaning more energy is needed to spin/stop them. That's my 2 cents...

Really hope he joins up on here...i'd love to learn more about his setup...

Depending on how tall the rim/tire was, it will definitely change the gearing size, which will cause some performance issues. How much? I can't say with certainty, but I will say its not close to the 1-1.5 second ET and +15mph trap that he was short on.

^^ Exactly. you can't use rexrunner's numbers for anything but story telling.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with some form of the bs comment though. Let's just take my hp per pound of boost as an example here. 23.5 hp/psi. We will also use the average of 205 whp as the control for this experiment.

So if 8 psi x 23.5hp/psi = 188, and add that to 205whp, you get 393 whp.

So then 29 psi x 23.5hp/psi = 681.5, plus 205whp = 886.5whp. Even for a percentage varience, that is way off from 650 whp.

If those are GT28.. then they are capable combined of about 700 hp. I will have to double check. That would be at the crank though. With an approximate 10% loss, about 630whp.

Psi wise, with this 23.5hp/psi, he would be running 19psi to make 650whp.

Do able. yes. Add or subtract all sorts of VE differences, and those numbers are likely to change though. Just don't see it being 29 psi if his setup is as efficient as mine.

X-roller

Reaction score
35r is big on an evo or GTI...not our truck...lol

*single 35r....twin...yah, you could see 650hp...but at 29lbs!?!?!?! super bs on that figure.

I guess that's true but even then he was in the lets say 400 range? can we agree on that? so he tripled that and gets to 650hp to the wheels which means he would be pushing about 750ish out the crank if not more? that's a lot of boost for a twin charged set up... that's close to 1000 hp range if I had to guess because those turbos don't look that small for a twin set up....

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought you might like that "one" post over there, Xrunnit. :rofl: :beer:

Just looked at turbobygarrett.com. Depending on which (even if they are based off of) GT28's they are, they would be capable from 540 crank-960 crank hp.

In all honesty, they look like they are Turbonetics touched Garretts.

Never mind that, I just looked closely and they are.

1-25-2008-76.jpg

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Depending on how tall the rim/tire was, it will definitely change the gearing size, which will cause some performance issues. How much? I can't say with certainty, but I will say its not close to the 1-1.5 second ET and +15mph trap that he was short on.

^^ Exactly. you can't use rexrunner's numbers for anything but story telling.

Not just over all height, but the fact the rim has more of its weight, farther out...:top:

Like you said, idt it could equate to 15mph trap reductions....what about a driver mod???:crinklehair:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like this manifold also though. :biggrin:

009.jpg

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I would like a 1 piece manifold, but it'll be expensive.....:frown:

Top Bottom