Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

650hp XR!?!??!!

Toon714

Reaction score
Oh wow. That rigjt there is proof of a 650hp beast!

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Glad to get more information on it. :top:

But got-damn that is a TON of money for only low 12's. Dude needs to regear badly or something. Because that much power should be much faster.

600hp in a 3900 vehicle should be kissing 125mph +

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I still just am a bit skeptical about 29 psi to get to 650 whp. Seems high to me. I know there are efficiency losses that could be playing a factor, so that could quite possibly be the reason.

Based off of my truck's recent #'s though, as long as the power increase stayed proportional, that would get his truck to around 870 whp.

Different setups of course, so not really apples to apples. It makes me curious how consistent my power increases will be when I get to raise the boost later this week. Just to see if the hp proportionately increases.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, that is STD correction. If it were SAE they would be a little lower, taking into effect of different pulley resistances.

The AFR is a bit high for my normal liking as well. Still though, pretty smooth power curves, and that is good. Ripples are bad.

I also like how the throttle by wire was removed for a classic cable operated TB. Of course, with the Haltech unit, it is pretty much necessary any how.

Glad to get more information on it. :top:

But got-damn that is a TON of money for only low 12's. Dude needs to regear badly or something. Because that much power should be much faster.

600hp in a 3900 vehicle should be kissing 125mph +

I agree. You don't hear enough wheel spin for it to be breaking free, which should then mean it has traction. With as wide of tires there are, there should be plenty of grip, which in turn means why weren't the traps higher?

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Also, that is STD correction. If it were SAE they would be a little lower, taking into effect of different pulley resistances.

The AFR is a bit high for my normal liking as well. Still though, pretty smooth power curves, and that is good. Ripples are bad.

I also like how the throttle by wire was removed for a classic cable operated TB. Of course, with the Haltech unit, it is pretty much necessary any how.

Maybe hes running Meth inj?:dontknow:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense either. With Meth, he should be able to pick up power due to timing advance. I used my referrence to show that at that boost level, I ESTIMATE, that he should make much better power.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
maybe he did something with the cams? it could be the meds I'm taking atm but did the dyno go to 6500 rpm? I wonder how the oil and water pump are holding up.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just remebered, after thinking about what Xrunnit said. His tire size is now about 28.6" over all diameter. Doing the math, that makes his effective final drive about a 2.97:1 ratio. Not good at all for the track. At lowest, he should upgrade to a 3.73 ring and pinion, and that would get the effective ratio something higher than stock 3.15:1. I would bet between 3.21-3.5:1. Which would be much better

Venomous_X

Reaction score
hmm...... correction factor possibly an issue? I'm not a dyno jockey, Im a wheel jockey LOL....also 22x12 on a 2" drop? I'd like to see a sideshot.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I just remebered, after thinking about what Xrunnit said. His tire size is now about 28.6" over all diameter. Doing the math, that makes his effective final drive about a 2.97:1 ratio. Not good at all for the track. At lowest, he should upgrade to a 3.73 ring and pinion, and that would get the effective ratio something higher than stock 3.15:1. I would bet between 3.21-3.5:1. Which would be much better

Yeah but then try putting that power down to the ground, I think his crappy gear ratio is actually helping his ET lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just realized something new by looking at the picks again. One, he is running an aftermarket radiator. Envious. Two, his AFR at the end of the pull is near 13:1. Wow.

Another thing i have also learned, corroborated by multiple different sources is that those air filters, as well as my Greddy one have the nickname"Mushroom of Death!" Due to the fact that around 18+ psi they are know to have been sucked into the turbo......"and boom goes the dynamite." Quoted from Cleveland. Lol

Last edited:

off-road taco06

Reaction score
lol, gotta love all the keyboard master technicians....sometimes people amaze me at what they think they know from what someone else told them.... :laugh:

LMAO My thoughts exactly.... and where is he now when all the REAL info comes out?!

Donny keeps this forum in check from all the keyboard techs.. lol love it! :top:

Back on topic here: That truck in my opinion is pretty much a waste of money for 12 seconds.... When you can throw probably under half what it cost to build the truck into a new stang and blow by any mofo :top: Still wouldn't by a stang tho LOL :p

Grumpy

Reaction score
There's a logical explanation to his 29psi claim.

brownbrown

Reaction score
LMAO My thoughts exactly.... and where is he now when all the REAL info comes out?!

Donny keeps this forum in check from all the keyboard techs.. lol love it! :top:

Back on topic here: That truck in my opinion is pretty much a waste of money for 12 seconds.... When you can throw probably under half what it cost to build the truck into a new stang and blow by any mofo :top: Still wouldn't by a stang tho LOL :p
LOL, But you'd be stuck driving a ford... ugh

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a logical explanation to his 29psi claim.

He is in the alps??? Nope can't be that. Maybe he is below sea level? Nope, not in New Orleans. Hmm....I don't know...

Top Bottom