Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

amsoil night and day difference

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
mine has had a quiet grinding noise shifting from 1st to 2nd since i bought the truck with 56000 miles. guessing my tranny fluid hasn't been changed. i'll get the amsoil tranny fluid and see if it helps. thanks!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Everyone I've ever talked to has said that amsoil is the best

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
YUP, i had RP for one oil change(cuz it was a full syn i let it go for 5,000K) then i changed it out to AMS, i did research and if its true, its WORLDS apart

Houston X Runner

Reaction score
ok...i'll give amsoil a shot
so is there a local shop in houston that is recommended to perform these fluid changes? and where do you guys buy the fluid and filters from.
amsoil website lists oil,trans,diff,coolant for $230 +shipping ........ cheaper source to order from??

FN5.7

Reaction score
nope. their website is about as cheap as i could find. cost 180 in for me to change the tranny, diff oil and oil filter.

The most reputable shop in tx is yourself. there are a number of threads on the forum where tides have had problems after oil changes. Just you tube anything your unsurre about.

trucks not tides. i was thinking trucks but then i spelled rides halfway through. haha.

Last edited:

Houston X Runner

Reaction score
thanks for the info. i'll check utube. still open to a local TRUSTWORTHY shop doing it for me.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
ok...i'll give amsoil a shot
so is there a local shop in houston that is recommended to perform these fluid changes? and where do you guys buy the fluid and filters from.
amsoil website lists oil,trans,diff,coolant for $230 +shipping ........ cheaper source to order from??

Where in Houston do you live? www.powerfabauto.com sells and can do the fluid changes.

I do lots of work with them, and recommend them very much.

jtnyc

Reaction score
I run AMS on my bikes, but I think I'm just gonna use Mobil1 for the truck...

nut

Reaction score
does anyone have some actual evidence that ams is better than mobil for the motor? I would consider switching if there was some more proof that it's better. I have been using mobil on my vehicles for the past 10 years and have had really good luck so far.

roy365

Reaction score
does anyone have some actual evidence that ams is better than mobil for the motor? I would consider switching if there was some more proof that it's better. I have been using mobil on my vehicles for the past 10 years and have had really good luck so far.

You can search on Bob is the Oil Guy's website for info on tests. Or for a better conclusion send a sample into Blackstone for an analysis of your own oil/filter combo.

nut

Reaction score
You can search on Bob is the Oil Guy's website for info on tests. Or for a better conclusion send a sample into Blackstone for an analysis of your own oil/filter combo.

ok, ill look into it, thanks!

nut

Reaction score

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Ive been using Mobil 1 in all my vehicles over the last 10 or so years and it has never let me down either. The thing is, Amsoil is so expensive. Really though, i know that it is better and all that, but if something else is working fine then why throw money away on fluids?

Hell, i used to use regular old Valvoline in my 347ci Stroker engined Mustang for 8 years and never had any issues. When i sold it, the guy swapped a Ford big block into it( i want to say 460?) When he sold the 347 he said it was in immaculate shape.

I really do not think we HAVE to use killer oil in our trucks as long as we change the oil and filter when we are supposed to. I just put whatever is the cheapest oil at wally world in the wife's 2007 Corolla S. Been doing it since we bought it new. The oil doesnt even look hardly dirty when i change it every 5000 miles. She's at 90k miles now.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Well today i went to great canadian oil change and did my motor oil, rear dif oil, trans oil, and limited slip/posi additive. All amsoil and it came to a whopping $449.05 after taxes :biggrin:

When they showed me the rear dif and trans oil drain caps they both had dark sludge and shavings of metal on them......my guess is previous owner never changed the rear dif and trans oil while he/she owned the truck. trucks now a little over 61000 miles

Last edited:

nut

Reaction score
Ive been using Mobil 1 in all my vehicles over the last 10 or so years and it has never let me down either. The thing is, Amsoil is so expensive. Really though, i know that it is better and all that, but if something else is working fine then why throw money away on fluids?

Hell, i used to use regular old Valvoline in my 347ci Stroker engined Mustang for 8 years and never had any issues. When i sold it, the guy swapped a Ford big block into it( i want to say 460?) When he sold the 347 he said it was in immaculate shape.

I really do not think we HAVE to use killer oil in our trucks as long as we change the oil and filter when we are supposed to. I just put whatever is the cheapest oil at wally world in the wife's 2007 Corolla S. Been doing it since we bought it new. The oil doesnt even look hardly dirty when i change it every 5000 miles. She's at 90k miles now.

see i agree with you. why fix what isnt broken. i can understand putting amsoil in the tranny/diffs when it comes time. but as long as you're changing the motor oil on time and with a decent oil, you won't have any issues. I don't think i will be saving as much as the cost difference is with amsoil. not downplaying it, we can all see that its great stuff, but the cost is keeping it out of my engine...

Top Bottom