Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B&M SS

shaX 07

Reaction score
Ya dude it is amazing!

I drove an X the other day that still had the stock shifter...oh man. I can't believe that is what came on it stock.

Yeah, I was stunned myself. And it wasn't just the shortness of the throw, but the tightness of it. It's the tightest shifter i've ever felt in any vehicle.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
ya, i was talking to a guy that drove a neon sxt that had a short shifter in it. and the B&M ss is shorter and much tighter. :rock:

wshsbears

Reaction score
Just In Case There Are Any Left, I No Longer Have A Short Shifter And Was Wondering If There Are Any Left Iwant The B&m So Bad!!!!
none left, sry, they're long gone. when i found out i was getting the second batch in, it took all of 15 hours to have confirmation with money and shipped em out as the money came in.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Is it better then the TRD SS?..

YES!

My personal rating would go like this (scale 1-10)
stock - 2 (it changes gears, and didn't break so it got a bonus point)
URD SS - 4 (it was the exact same, but shorter)
TRD SS - 6 (same as the URD, only TRD branded can be used with Toyota warranty)
B&M - 11 (10 would be a SS on a sports car, only to find out this shifter is tighter and the same or less of a throw).

wshsbears

Reaction score
YES!

My personal rating would go like this (scale 1-10)
stock - 2 (it changes gears, and didn't break so it got a bonus point)
URD SS - 4 (it was the exact same, but shorter)
TRD SS - 6 (same as the URD, only TRD branded can be used with Toyota warranty)
B&M - 11 (10 would be a SS on a sports car, only to find out this shifter is tighter and the same or less of a throw).
my personal ratings would be this
stock - 2 got the job done
URD SS - 7 feels great, made the stock shifter feel like rowing a boat, can't be used with factory warranty
TRD SS - 8 same as URD SS except can be used with factory warranty
B&M SS - 10 no play what-so-ever and feels amazing

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Michael when are you getting another batch of B&M SS?...

wshsbears

Reaction score
Michael when are you getting another batch of B&M SS?...
can't.. that was all the guy could get from B&M. B&M isn't producing them anymore. they told the guy i got them from that they had 11, i got 10 and he sold 1.. sry guys..

shaX 07

Reaction score
hey does anybody have any suggestions for eliminating some of the transmission noise? One thing I did when I installed mine was I broke one of the plastic clips that holds down the shift boot (the piece that covers the hole in the floor).. and I've also heard everyone else talking about extra tranny noise from the B&M SS....

Im going to replace the plastic clip, but what else can we do? anything at all? When I start my truck up in the morning and drive away I can reallly hear the tranny fluid flowing, quite loudly..

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
the boot being fixed will help some, but your not going to get rid of all the noise. id try some off the shelf undercoating or bedliner in a can.

shaX 07

Reaction score
the boot being fixed will help some, but your not going to get rid of all the noise. id try some off the shelf undercoating or bedliner in a can.

what about some sort of sound deadening?

Bobby B

Reaction score
hey does anybody have any suggestions for eliminating some of the transmission noise? One thing I did when I installed mine was I broke one of the plastic clips that holds down the shift boot (the piece that covers the hole in the floor).. and I've also heard everyone else talking about extra tranny noise from the B&M SS....

Im going to replace the plastic clip, but what else can we do? anything at all? When I start my truck up in the morning and drive away I can reallly hear the tranny fluid flowing, quite loudly..

Get the TWM 1lb shift knob you will be surprised how much this helps!

05 X-R

Reaction score
2kracing.com can still get the B&M, it is special order only but B&M still makes them.

AFP520

Reaction score
2K racing has two shifters of the same part number but one is $50 less! http://www.2kracing.com/Product/67102.html

I just got the last one in stock at Options Auto for about $212 shipped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom