Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best friend engaged, I don't approve! What do do?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
One of my best friends told me last night that he popped the question and he's now engaged.

To give you a quick history lesson- I've known him since we were in 7th grade, he's like a brother to me, we lived together our first year of college, and for a couple years after that...so needless to say, I know him better then anyone. He's one of those people that can make you laugh at the worst of times; which is what makes him so great to hang around, especially when your having some brews!

His last girlfriend was a complete bitch! The relationship started off as a one night stand:stupid:...and from the start of that relationship, I knew something wasn't right, and I told him about it. We actually got into a fight one time because I told him how much I hated her and how much she pissed me off. She wasn't right for him, she always bitched and nagged about stupid shit. Finally after 2 years of dating her, he finally realized that I was right the whole time. He cheated on her (with his fiance), and then broke up with her a couple weeks later. I was finally happy he left that skank....BUT...

His soon to be wife is the same way...if not worse. The relationship started as a one night stand (again:laugh:) when he cheated on his old girlfriend, and has turned into what it is today...a cluster****! She is a control freak, always bitching about how she wants things done.

Our 'crew' of like 6 guys that grew up together and always hung out together since high school ALL feel the same way, that he's making a mistake. Have any of you guys had a situation like this? We're trying to think of a way to tell him; kinda like an intervention...where we all sit down and tell him how much his life is going to be hell.

His fiance doesn't know that he was still dating his girlfriend the first time they met/had sex. And I would like to tell her that, but I don't want to be 'that guy', and screw him over and get him pissed off...

Input?

As Will Ferrell said "This wedding is horse shit" ROFL!!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
looks like someone is jealous

find a girl...dtf and let her find out....

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
Honesty is always the best policy. Just go out, buy him some dinner and tell him how you feel. Sometimes you need a few others to persuade someone though.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I don't reccommend intervening. we all love and learn bro...let him figure it out. I wouldn't put my friendship up for that. I've had something happen like that between basically what was a family member and me and him barely speak now....

Ninja17

Reaction score
never marry a girl who puts out the first night.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score

:dito: what he said.

Honestly David if you and He are as tight as ya'll sound i get a couple of your boys and go out to dinner and respectfully ask him if he sure and share your concerns with him. I wouldn't advise calling her names or referring to their relationship as a "cluster****" lol but just let him know your there to support him but you have concerns.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
looks like someone is jealous
haha...your dumb Nate.

Go do some doods
Honesty is always the best policy. Just go out, buy him some dinner and tell him how you feel. Sometimes you need a few others to persuade someone though.
Thats what were thinking, if we get all of our group together to let him know how we feel, then he won't feel like just one person has a bias opinion and is being an asshole
x2...my thoughts exactly. Especially after the way his first relationship turned out after starting with a one night stand:thumpdown:

Last edited:

DJmckay

Reaction score
I have been in thsi situation befor and i actually had some success in getting my best friend to realize that the bitch was crazy and not to tie the knot. and it actually worked and he didnt do it and for that he is happy i was there because now he is with another girl today and really happy with her and actually its kinda funny that you bring this up now cause the crazy bitch got back intouch with him today and started talking to him again and he wants nothing to do with her LOL:dontknow: so i say if thats really one of your best friends don't let it go unsaid .

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Honestly David if you and He are as tight as ya'll sound i get a couple of your boys and go out to dinner and respectfully ask him if he sure and share your concerns with him. I wouldn't advise calling her names or referring to their relationship as a "cluster****" lol but just let him know your there to support him but you have concerns.
Yea I know.

We think he loves the idea (being married), but doesn't love her. They fight all the freaking time. Every time we go out, they'll argue over some dumb shit...which is usually caused by her bitchin about something

I have been in thsi situation befor and i actually had some success in getting my best friend to realize that the bitch was crazy and not to tie the knot. and it actually worked and he didnt do it and for that he is happy i was there because now he is with another girl today and really happy with her and actually its kinda funny that you bring this up now cause the crazy bitch got back intouch with him today and started talking to him again and he wants nothing to do with her LOL:dontknow: so i say if thats really one of your best friends don't let it go unsaid .
we were all talking earlier about how we would rather try to say something now...before its too late and his life is ruined.

But its such a touchy subject, that if we dont explain how we feel correctly, it will make things worse...which is why I wanted some input on what to say, and how to go about it without causing a big scene

Last edited:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
maybe he enjoys the sex
Thats another thing...

His last gf, the first bitch he dated was the first girl he's ever had sex with. His fiance is only the 2nd.

I'm not saying he should be a slut, but def explore and don't settle down with the first skank that gives it up:stupid:

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
sounds like you need to pop the question to him.

its not your life, so dont worry about it.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
sounds like you need to pop the question to him.

its not your life, so dont worry about it.
Great input:rolleyez:

All of us who have basically known him his whole life feel the same way about this situation...He's one of my boys, and I can't just do nothing...

Yallrun

Reaction score
Dam David, take your buddy to a few titty bars. Get him in there and say see there are a sea of hot chicks out there! He'll get a couple table dances and after that he'll go home and kick the bitch out. :laugh:

micpun

Reaction score
u gotta let the man make his own decisions. you being a good friend stand behind him.

MsXrunner420

Reaction score
Dude.. As a Girl.. I say..... you CAN NOT say anything.. Let your boy learn the hard way.. Sumtimes thats just the BEST WAY.. Some people are hard headed... You just gotta let things flow.. and you'll see...

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
u gotta let the man make his own decisions. you being a good friend stand behind him.

Normally I would agree with this, BUT...

Marriage (and subsequently divorce) is a very permanent, very expensive decision. I still say let the man make his own choice, but I agree you should voice your disagreement with the whole situation. He may be having doubts himself and is looking for someone to tell him not to do it. Let him know how you feel about it first and if he thinks he's sure, THEN stand behind what he decides as a good friend should.

Poor guy just got his noodle wet... I don't think he's ready to be anybody's husband, but he doesn't know any better.

Top Bottom