Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackCat Reborn !!!

BlackCat

Reaction score
while you have the front end stripped apart, black out that radiator ;)

I thought about it a while back but decided against it.

1) Too much work, me being anal-retentive, I wouldn't want to paint it in-place. I'd want to yank the thing out of the truck to paint it and that's more work than I want.
2) I've got a billet grille on hand, with it in place, I don't think the radiator would show as much
3) It's Arizona. It gets really hot here.

micpun

Reaction score
blackcat, so i've been working on all the fenders and fixing those tabs up front. things have been going good but havent got to the paint part. i was sanding some spots and think i burned some of the paint. but its in a spot you cant really see. what can i do about that? to top it off the truck got hit and run'd two nights ago. Its nothing super bad but left a dent. ill show u the pic when i get back home tonight. hopefully you can help me out if i cant track this guy down. the manager said they have a camera but dont know if the quality is good enough to do anything. agh im just pissed.

BlackCat

Reaction score
blackcat, so i've been working on all the fenders and fixing those tabs up front. things have been going good but havent got to the paint part. i was sanding some spots and think i burned some of the paint. but its in a spot you cant really see. what can i do about that? to top it off the truck got hit and run'd two nights ago. Its nothing super bad but left a dent. ill show u the pic when i get back home tonight. hopefully you can help me out if i cant track this guy down. the manager said they have a camera but dont know if the quality is good enough to do anything. agh im just pissed.

Hmm... sorry about the hit'n'run, that sucks... I had one of those in Chicago, hit-n-run taxi did about $10,000 in damages to my car. Fortunately, had witnesses and got the cabbie's info (M&I Cab Company, 2900 N Farwell, Chicago, IL - so if you ever take a ride in one of their cabs, keep an eye out for what you're about to hit ! ).

As for the front end, PM me the pictures and I can give you a better idea.

MusTrd

Reaction score

Geez man, if there's a SWB curse, sounds like you have it :thumpdown:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Okay, got the (what should be the) last of the painting done. The parts have been cleared, sanded, buffed, cleaned up and are almost ready to install !! I have to give them a once-over tommorrow in the daylight (it was nighttime by the time I was done) to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then begins the task of putting it all back together !

DSC_7641.jpg

DSC_7645.jpg

DSC_7640.jpg

Man, I don't think that the rear flares had this much shine since the day the truck was built !

DSC_7644.jpg

Tommorrow, she starts going back together !

In all honesty, there is still some more touch-up work needed, but I'm simply getting the truck all ready for the Feb7 Tucson meet. After that, it'll come back apart part way to complete the last of the finishing touches (ClearBra - have to wait 45-60days for paint cure, billet grille, etc).

So it'll be presentable by Feb7, but not complete... that'll be a little bit into the future.

preXrunner

Reaction score
awesome. ready to see it all back together looking shiny with new paint! :biggrin:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Okay, the progress continues...

Got the body kit bits for the passenger side on the truck. Note, I don't have the clips installed yet, this is just a dry fit-up to make sure all the pieces still fit. The full fitup with clips comes tommorrow - except for the rear pieces. Since the rear flares will be coming off again in the next month or so for the ClearBra installation, I didn't want to use the brand new Toyota clips I bought only to have to buy new ones again. So I bought some cheap generic automotive clips from ACE hardware to use in the interim.

Tommorrow, the driver's side also starts coming back together.

Friday, wrap up re-assembly. Then wash, buff and make it shine !

Saturday - Tucson meet !

DSC_7646.jpg

DSC_7647.jpg

Ratrod25

Reaction score
WOW that look great man!!! congrats on finishing it! i would have stopped half way threw from frustration!

Super Werty

Reaction score
Hey next weekend, do you think we could paint my entire truck in your garage?:biggrin:

BlackCat

Reaction score
i would have stopped half way threw from frustration!

Man, you have NOOOOO idea... :biggrin: I definitely hit spots of frustration... but I kept on pulling. Unlike my motorcycle, which has remained in pieces for about a year now... :eviltongue: It's actually the next project once the truck rolls out of the garage...

Hey next weekend, do you think we could paint my entire truck in your garage?:biggrin:

How many colors off the rainbow do you want ? :laugh: :biggrin:

X-Pablo

Reaction score
How many colors off the rainbow do you want ? :laugh: :biggrin:

paint in Purple.

Blackcat starting to look real nice, nice shine, learned a few polishing tricks in this thread, never thought of looking at my door handles and yes they were slightly scratched on passenger side, so I bought a polishing ball and some 3M scratch remover and polished out those scratches, my truck is only a few months old and it's already getting scratched up. :motz:, I polished out a scratch on the passenger door some nice A-Hole did while my truck was parked, it's barely noticeable now, but you can still see the goove if you look closely. But thanks Black Cat I've learned a few polishing tips from you following this thread! :top:

BlackCat

Reaction score
But thanks Black Cat I've learned a few polishing tips from you following this thread! :top:

Glad to have been of assistance ! :top:

Well, the progress continues....

The truck is pretty much back together. Still gotta throw in the clips to the lower body kit bits, but everything is on the truck. Here are some sampler / teaser shots. Still gotta buff her to a fine shine tommorrow, but she's otherwise set for the Tucson meet :top:

After the meet, however, there's still more work in store. Some touch up work in a few spots, the ClearBra, the billet grille and a few other odds and ends. So this thead isn't over just yet... but it's getting closer !

DSC_7651.jpg

DSC_7653.jpg

DSC_7658-1.jpg

DSC_7656.jpg

DSC_7659.jpg

DSC_7660.jpg

DSC_7662.jpg

MusTrd

Reaction score
Am I seeing a yellow bumper piece with the "Cat" logo in the middle?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
the truck looks great, cant wai to see it in person, nicoles bsp is already getting spider veins and a few deep scratches from our stupid landscapers

Top Bottom