Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Body Kit

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
You still won't have one of the best parts, 6 speed M/T :eviltongue: JK :biggrin:

trd_sport

Reaction score
You still won't have one of the best parts, 6 speed M/T :eviltongue: JK :biggrin:
you got me there:adore:
but I will have a cool pssshhhh noise by then, thats gotta count for something:biggrin:

RossK35

Reaction score
Are you planning on using the flares from an XR also? If so, your gonna have to fill a bunch of holes on the fenders because the flares you have on now use clips along the top edge.

RossK35

Reaction score
Oh, and drop kit is yours if you still like buy em. Hows $250 shipped? I've just decided I don't want to hold on to it now and, If I'm gonna drop it later on I'll just buy it again.

ramsey422

Reaction score
Oh, and drop kit is yours if you still like buy em. Hows $250 shipped? I've just decided I don't want to hold on to it now and, If I'm gonna drop it later on I'll just buy it again.

What drop kit do you have?

trd_sport

Reaction score
Are you planning on using the flares from an XR also? If so, your gonna have to fill a bunch of holes on the fenders because the flares you have on now use clips along the top edge.
Where do the clips from the X flares hook up? Bondo is going to be my friend for this, it will a take a while to complete before I'm satisfied with the look and fit.:top:
That sounds fair, you havn't installed any of it yet have you?

RossK35

Reaction score
What drop kit do you have?
I got the sos 2" drop for the front.

Where do the clips from the X flares hook up? Bondo is going to be my friend for this, it will a take a while to complete before I'm satisfied with the look and fit.:top:
The XR flares are half the size so, they don't requrie any clips to get held in place. They only use the screws that go along the edge of the fender. This just means that you will have to paint both front and back fenders, front bumper, and body kit if you choose to use those flares.

REG CAB X

Reaction score
Here I tried to make another dub cab x at stock height. I didn't spend a whole lot of time to make it perfect but it looks good enough for me. I tried to darken the blue to match your truck TRD.
doublecabx.jpg

Here is what I started with
Toyota-Tacoma_XRunner_2005_photo_09.jpg

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
all i have to say is ....
i think toyota should have made a "regular cab x" .. pun intended tyvm..

i think that the shorter cab,and the shorter "looking" bed are a perfect match.. if i had the cash flow,that would be my next project...
throw in a v8,and i'm in heaven.... better yet,, force induction that v8,,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... pure utopia....

but, i do agree, u have a good idea.. the extra room will come in handy..
but,, i loved my xr when i had it..but every time i walked out to it in the parking lot, i thought it look a little funny being an extended cab,let alone an double....

i honestly mean no disrespect,,, so plz dont take this wrong....i just wich the mothership would make a reg cab x....

hahahahahahahahaa.....look... after all this time i'm admitting i'm a reg cab groupie...lol

trd_sport

Reaction score
Here I tried to make another dub cab x at stock height. I didn't spend a whole lot of time to make it perfect but it looks good enough for me. I tried to darken the blue to match your truck TRD.
doublecabx.jpg

Here is what I started with
Toyota-Tacoma_XRunner_2005_photo_09.jpg
Thanks man, that looks bad:rock: :top: I cant wait to see this thing come together:biggrin: Honestly, that pic makes me want to go get the body kit today:laugh:

m3dragon

Reaction score
You and I are doing the same project.

The prices you have been quoted are about the same I have been able to find. 2200 is the best I have recieved for all the parts.

Did you get the parts sheet from the dealer? I have the install diagram / part numbers for the OE kit. It looks like the VIS racing one for us might be the better option as 4 skirts for me at least are going to be custom.

Are you going to use the 4x4 flares or the x runner flares?

Do you have the long bed or short bed?

trd_sport

Reaction score
What type/model of tacoma do you have?

The best I was able to get the kit for new was around 2k for the body parts, not including mounting hardware.

I have access to all the parts info. The VIS kit is made of different material, fiberglass i think.

Depending on how it will look id like to use the prerunner flares.

I have the long bed.

blazinx

Reaction score
what parts are you still missing?
and are you lowerd yet ?

Top Bottom