Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CKS Rear Sway-Bar Mod

blastap

Reaction score
searcy on the page you listed is says ''tendancy to oversteer'' is that push or spin out, btw when are you goin to tell us about that weld on trac bar that i see in the second pic huh.....nudge...pic...pleeeeease

blastap

Reaction score
Over Steer = spin out

Under Steer = push

:top::top:
thanx for the info, now my truck seems to spinout before it pushes so how is this going to benefit the handleing. unless mine is thee only one that spins out before it pushes

emo_X

Reaction score
searcy on the page you listed is says ''tendancy to oversteer'' is that push or spin out, btw when are you goin to tell us about that weld on trac bar that i see in the second pic huh.....nudge...pic...pleeeeease

1st i would like to say sorry for the post and i was trying to fix them because i took ur msg the wrong way so i am sorry bro

and i dont understand what ur asking about the weld but the welds are not that good but they work i was welding out side with gas and there was a slit wind so the gas acts as a sheald so the the can't get to the weld which makes it really nice and it makes were u can weld thin metal like exhaust pipping

emo_X

Reaction score
and u were asking how to fix the oversteer in are trucks well this might help

weight:
the rear end is really light compared to the front
so removing weight or relocating from the front will help a lot
cf hood 30- from front
putting battery in the bed 50- from front
now u putting the battery in the rear will help with traction and help with ur ballast weight in a perfect world are truck would be 50/50 but its not

suspension:
stiff up ur front spring rate
stiff up ur front sway bar (i wil be doing this next)
a good camber around 2.0 in the front helps

there a lot of things that play rolls in suspension that i am not able to say because i am learning just as u are but thats what i know so far

this may sound funny and i bet there will be a lot of ppl lol about me telling u this but if u have forza 2 go play with a car and it will tell u what each thing will do when u change it and test drive it watch how u adjust it and see how the oversteer and understeer changes

with this mod i will bet there will be more oversteer if u just do this mod there will have to be other mods front sway-bar mod, stiffer spring rate front and rear, weight lose, weight moved to the back,

i hope this helps like i say i know this as a fact and if i said anything else i could not stand by it lol
there are some smart ppl on here that will know a lot more than me
chris

and again sorry bro

project-c2

Reaction score
thanx for the info, now my truck seems to spinout before it pushes so how is this going to benefit the handleing. unless mine is thee only one that spins out before it pushes
Yeah, take off your lead boot on the right foot. :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist.

blastap

Reaction score
its cool, but I was wanting to know more about the trac bar , I had not read your other thread until after i read the sway bar thread ,I never even seen the weld so how can I comment on it, I suck at welding therefore I would not judge you anyway

Yeah, take off your lead boot on the right foot. :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist.

And my lead foot is none of your business and stay out of my personal affairs(ace Ventura)
no really I have made a track out of the clovers by my work for the bikes I test ride and sometimes I hit them on the way to and from work In the truck!:driver:

Last edited by a moderator:

emo_X

Reaction score
its cool, but I was wanting to know more about the trac bar , I had not read your other thread until after i read the sway bar thread ,I never even seen the weld so how can I comment on it, I suck at welding therefore I would not judge you anyway

what do u want to know

blastap

Reaction score
i read the thread on your trac bar now i understand. was there a improvement with your design ?

emo_X

Reaction score
very big diff but with the bushings i used there is play i will be making the ttc one and from the top of the pumpkin single bar going to the front like a three link setup if u will

its works i will run it untill i make the others

Last edited:

blastap

Reaction score
wow you could go far with that and just make a custom four bar and do away with leafs all together

emo_X

Reaction score
wow you could go far with that and just make a custom four bar and do away with leafs all together

yeah i could but there is really not that much room under there and i want to keep my spare under the bed i will be back to the drawing board for the trac-bar

starting with ttc style but i will be changing things :top:

emo_X

Reaction score
ordered the stuff for the front will be in about 1 week to 2 so i will be able to start on that soon:top:

DGXR

Reaction score
NIIIIIICE!!!!
I'm next in line RIGHT!!! LOL
Nice work man keep it up. :top::top:

blastap

Reaction score
ordered the stuff for the front will be in about 1 week to 2 so i will be able to start on that soon:top:

any luck on the front sway bar mod ,im waiting for your input before i do the rear because i really like concept youve got going.

emo_X

Reaction score
any luck on the front sway bar mod ,im waiting for your input before i do the rear because i really like concept youve got going.

still waiting on parts and i wont be able to do it this weekend or the next :thumpdown: but i will let u know when i start the new thread:top:

oxi

Reaction score
Just to add another 2¢, I have NEVER heard of shortening a sway bar to make it stiffer & thus more effective in reducing body roll. Common wisdom & practice is that they are made thicker to accomplish that task.

I've been out of the XR loop lately, but I haven't heard of anybody making an aftermarket sway for the X. Has anybody?

On TRD's test x-runners they run a sway bar thickness as with the stock Tundra and I forgot about the rear thickness but TRD moved the rear sway bar in front of the rear axle though.

Look into the front sway bar of the Tundra. I believe TRD had Hotchnicks custom make theirs for them.

Top Bottom