Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

collapsed lifter?

Cheezie

Reaction score
Mine did nearly the same thing with a broken valve spring

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
Is There An Upgraded Valve Train Available For The 1Gr? I.e. Like an Overrev Kit? Because I Need Another Way To Blow My Engine.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Hottacox and x roller have both upgraded their valve train. Pretty sure torspd has as well. Check their build threads for info. I know dezod is where hottaco got his. Not sure about the other two guys

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
To protect against over rev put in stiffer valve springs....:top:

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
Not To Protect, I Want A 7grand Redline For Autocross And Drifting :)

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
stiffer springs and proper timing.. Gotta stop valve float

A lot of other factors come into play if your serious to want 7k

Last edited:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Buy a Honda if you wanna be revving that high. Good luck doing that with this motor and not breaking things.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.dezod.com/cat_engine4_all.cfm

I recently ordered valves and guides from Dezod. Same source material as Ferrea, but much cheaper. However, they come in 1MM over.

Dezod can also get you the springs.

I have dual valve springs from a purchase long ago through LC Engineering.

You want to rev to 7K, you will have to get the springs, valves, rods and pistons, tuning device, and quite possibly a dry sump system. www.drysump.com

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
You Have Those Springs Sitting Around, Or That's What Your Running? Ill Just GEt Stiffer Springs And Call It A Day. Ill JusT Leave The High Redline TO My vr4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Can you stop using swype for your posts. So hard to read that. Lol

dramad1

Reaction score
I use forum runner. Bad thing is, it kicks you off every so often and you just have to research x runner to find XRU.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Take it from me, these engine dont like to be revved, and there really wont be any usuable power that high up anyway. Keep a solid breathing apparatus with a strong mid range and you wont need to be buried in the revlimiter.

Its not about peak numbers, usable power is 100x more important, especially in drifting. leave the dyno queen game to honda crowd.

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
So....its just hit me, i have to pull the head to change valve springs don't I :(

Gadget

Reaction score
It can be done in without removing the heads.

You will need to run the piston in that cylinder to TDC. Connect an air hose to the spark plug hole to pressurize the cylinder and keep the valve seated.

There should be a manual spring compression that can be used to compress the spring and remove the retainer from the valve. Then you can pull off the spring and replace it. Then do the same to put it back together.

You can replace the stem seal at the same time.

G

Top Bottom