Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Digital Torque Wrench - Member Special

Blmw

Reaction score
To Blmw,

Thanks for the opertunity to this product for a much lesser price then most wrenchs! You may also want to talk with the engineers about increasing the torque range on this wrench to about 250 or 300 ft/lb, due to alot of vehicles require more torque than 150 ft/lbs...as a former tech, i use them alot especialy on the motors...

Thanks Rob

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on a 1/2" - 250 ft.lb version, which should be available next year.

BLMW

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Hey BLMW,
I just rec. the torque wrench on Sat. and it looks good and feels comfortable in the your hands... my pop said if you got big hands it be no problem for them...but with some people with small hands may have an issue...it is good that ya'll made it thinner at the handle to help for smaller hand grips!

Rob

Blmw

Reaction score
Now is your chance to get a great torque wrench at a great price!!

Gadget

Reaction score
I got one of your wrenches and wonder if I am using it wrong.

A few times I went right past the set value and it never indicated and I ended up over torquing the fastener. For example, installing a flywheel the first 3-4 bolts worked great, then the next one did not indicate and it felt over tight. Backed it off and did it again and it worked. Why would it be inconsistent like that?

G

Blmw

Reaction score

A few times I went right past the set value and it never indicated and I ended up over torquing the fastener. For example, installing a flywheel the first 3-4 bolts worked great, then the next one did not indicate and it felt over tight. Backed it off and did it again and it worked. Why would it be inconsistent like that?

G

I will send you a PM to discuss.

BLMW

Crimson KING

Reaction score
What's the inch/lb range?
How many teeth is the racheting gear?
Also, do you have any calibration chart that can tell me +/- how much torque to add when I'm using extensions?

Blmw

Reaction score
What's the inch/lb range?
How many teeth is the racheting gear?
Also, do you have any calibration chart that can tell me +/- how much torque to add when I'm using extensions?

Sorry about the delay in responding to you. I missed this earlier.

Our ratchet is a 32 tooth ratchet.

The range is 180 to 1,800 inch lbs. However, the 3.5% accuracy is from 360 in.lbs. It is 7% from 180-359. While the wrench can be used on the lower values, it is primarily designed to be used between 30-150 ft.lbs. If you are going to be primarily using it for the smaller values, I would suggest finding a smaller wrench.

Here is a calculator you can use for extensions (it is put together by a company called Norbar): http://www.norbar-usa.com/calculators/torque-wrench-extension-calculator.aspx

BLMW

WallasX

Reaction score

G

I will send you a PM to discuss.

BLMW

Mine does this exact same thing

Blmw

Reaction score
Mine does this exact same thing

When this happens, it is usually because the prior high-torque was not cleared off the LCD. After applying torque to a fastener, the unit will display the High Torque value when it detects no movement for 3 seconds. You then hit the memory button to clear this high value off. We did this to ensure that the user knows the correct torque was applied. Sometimes, when doing a series of fasteners, people will go from bolt to bolt very quickly so that the 3 seconds never kicks in. But if the High Torque Value does appear, the unit will display the torque you are applying, or give you any signals.

In short, press the memory button after the High Torque is displayed after each fastener and you should not have this problem.

If you do, let me know via PM and we can get to the bottom of it.

BLMW

Gadget

Reaction score
That is exactly how it works.

After communicating with Blmw and he explained that to me I paid attention the next time I used it and that is how it works.

Best case I guess is to do one fastener at a time, wait, clear, do the next.

G

absolut

Reaction score
That is exactly how it works.

After communicating with Blmw and he explained that to me I paid attention the next time I used it and that is how it works.

Best case I guess is to do one fastener at a time, wait, clear, do the next.

G

Yep, same here. clear frist. good to go.

Blmw

Reaction score
Great torque wrench -great price - we have it!!

Blmw

Reaction score
Just a reminder in case you need a torque wrench!!

Top Bottom