Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you warm-up your truck?

Do you warm-up your truck/car?

• Yes

Votes: 193 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 21 7.6%

• Total voters

DoubleD

Reaction score
I normally wait till it hits 100 then i just be mellow till its warmed up

madtrucker

Reaction score
I warm mine up for a minute. Then I drive easy 'till it get's warmed up, before I start putting the hammer down.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
lol....I jump in.....and hit the gas....roflmao, Not going to lie. I should really let it warm up seeing as my work is less than .5 miles away, cannot be good on it;

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
I always let it warm up for 30-60sec then drive easy until at operating temp.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I warm up my truck...they said since the vehicles now are fuel injected, you should warm up the vehicle 2-3 minutes....I warm my truck up until the gauge needle is near half way...For some reason... When you just wake up an drive without warm up, it seems like it sucks more gas..

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
In the winter, 3 to 5 min if in the minus. Summer, put my seat belt on and go. 15 to 20 min in CA, get you head examine.You're doing more damage to that engine that starting cold. That's why they have idling by-law

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
any imput on how hard it is to hook a remote starter? i have an 06 taco
an recomendation on what brand to use??

Zibilich

Reaction score
I hold the gas while i turn the key and run it at the limiter untill it gets to operating temps....

Just kidding lol, i just drive really easy untill it gets to operating temps... Not enough time to sit and let it warm before i take off...

FN5.7

Reaction score
30sec-3min depending on what i have left to do before i take off.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
I was always taught to start it while I cleaned the windows and snow off ( winter ) then just take it easy while it warmed up. I've both read and heard that you shouldn't just let them sit there and idle for an extended period of time. Had a friend that loved her remote start. She'd start it,go take a shower and get dressed,then go to work. Ugh.

If the weather is warm,nah,just get in it and drive it easy til it warms up.

lol....I jump in.....and hit the gas....roflmao, Not going to lie. I should really let it warm up seeing as my work is less than .5 miles away, cannot be good on it;

I did this exact thing with an older car that i had. It never lets the cat get heated up to operating temp,so eventually it'll start to get clogged up with unburnt crap if you don't go out and do some longer drives.

Last edited:

cramersec

Reaction score
Start it up, buckle your belt, check your mirrors. Then start driving gently (i.e., no full throttle, no high revs) for a couple of miles. It'll warm up better that way than sitting in your driveway pouring emissions out for no use.

UNLESS....you're in Minnesota in January. Then start, scrape ice, buckle your belt, check your mirrors, then start driving gently.

Anybody know how I can convince my wife of this? She's at 4K revs by the end of the driveway.

Steve

sohc4now

Reaction score
Anybody know how I can convince my wife of this? She's at 4K revs by the end of the driveway.

Can't be done. Only thing you can do is install a block heater, plug it in for her, and make sure she unplugs it before driving away:laugh:

jtnyc

Reaction score
unless it's freezing cold, idling to warm up is probably just a waste of gas and polluting the environment...

Top Bottom