Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine Knock hits K2 - where's the oil?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn that's a great looking motor!! Way to pull through for XRU's founding father!! URD :blurock: !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Wow. I thought my motor was spot less, damn that baby cleans as fawk.

Check the timing chain cover for the tell tail leak, shit ton easier to reseal outside of the truck.:top:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Congrats on a great find. Hope it all goes as painlessly as possible.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that looks good! Way to go guys.

All of the credit goes to Gadget and URD. Couldn't have gotten that engine without him... period.

Last edited by a moderator:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
All of the credit goes to Gadget and URD. Couldn't have gotten that engine without him... period.

Yes sir. He has helped more of us than people will ever know. I garentee if it wasn't for him and a few other people, I would have let me truck go along time ago.
Glad to see things are working out!!

I wish you were closer Klint. Id lend a hand on that swap. Got a ton of experence with that lol.

Last edited:

RRX

Reaction score
Thats awesome man glad to hear everything is coming together for you.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
One heck of a beautiful looking engine, there. Great find Gadget. :adore:

I see that it has a 4x4 oil pan as well. Are there plans to swap it to the XR oil pan, or going to leave it be?

Murderface

Reaction score
So G if ur swapping the cam gears and thermostat does that mean Klint is getting a UCONN?

I think I'll be calling u next week for a UCONN

And the question continues........how much was the engine Klint?

Gadget

Reaction score
That is upto Klint.

I see that some have put in a used engine with a 4x4 pan on it and it fits.

He will need to get a new dip stick if he leaves it. The plastic top is broken off.

It only takes a few minutes to swap the pans if he wants the right one on there. Maybe he can go Coupe.

G

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Engine swap this weekend. Glad to have a few sets of hands but last call for anyone that may want to come hang out or help. Steve has been generous enough to open up his house (and pool). Really looking forward to getting the truck back on the road. Been 1 month without it... seems like an eternity.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Engine swap this weekend. Glad to have a few sets of hands but last call for anyone that may want to come hang out or help. Steve has been generous enough to open up his house (and pool). Really looking forward to getting the truck back on the road. Been 1 month without it... seems like an eternity.

We gonna rock it out..:crinklehair:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

K2, I wish you guys a trouble free swap, and will Support you guys through spirit.:top:

Good luck guys!!! Im glad to see you guys got Everything settled and that you aren't leaving the xru family!!!

ntinhri

Reaction score
Shouldn't be a issue.. Engine out....engine in....

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw the engine last week, man that thing is clean.

Glad you are able to keep the truck K2. Good luck guys!

ntinhri

Reaction score
I thought someone already installed that type of oil pan in our truck.. He'll it it don't fit we will swap it and roll on.. No biggie

Or saw zalllllllll

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I thought someone already installed that type of oil pan in our truck.. He'll it it don't fit we will swap it and roll on.. No biggie

Or saw zalllllllll

i think it was a :canada: if i recall correct. He had to take a notch out on his crossmember in order to clear it. :top: Looked into this a while back, when i though my new (current) motor was going to have the deeper pan. Which is didn't...i guess the V6 tundras get the XR oil pan. :rolleyez:

Top Bottom