Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine Knock hits K2 - where's the oil?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Slywithy has the 4x4 pan. It is close clearance, but he hasnt had any problems, minus better oiling. ;) Talk with him.

N.Y.C.X-Runner

Reaction score
I am having the same problem oil was good a week ago this week low aand now I am hearing a knocking sound in frount of engine near timing chain.

dramad1

Reaction score
Torspd said:
Slywithy has the 4x4 pan. It is close clearance, but he hasnt had any problems, minus better oiling. ;) Talk with him.

I believe I have one on mine as well. Pics

Attachments

• image-2828883413.jpg
    image-2828883413.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 108
  • image-1569270351.jpg
    image-1569270351.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 126

dramad1

Reaction score
sdxrunner619 said:
Oh yah, completely forgot About your truck.

Lol. Sup kev.
It will fit but you are gonna want to protect it w/ a skid plate or one of coupes deep oil pan protectors. I have already bottomed out and tweek'd the bolt a bit. Should be receiving one of coupes tomorrow or Friday and hopefully ease my mind about ripping the pan off from an unexpected bottoming out.
Hope all goes well with your swap

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem oil was good a week ago this week low aand now I am hearing a knocking sound in frount of engine near timing chain.

Better put some Lucas Heavy Oil Stabilizer in the ASAP!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll swap the oil pan. From that pic, looks like there could be clearance issues with DJM drop.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Yup I have one too. Zero issues so far. But with djm I wouldn't run it unless you had a skid plate

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup I have one too. Zero issues so far. But with djm I wouldn't run it unless you had a skid plate

After the new engine goes in, next up is the DJM 3/4 drop. Then its off to the paint booth to get some of the shitty RR paint fixed. :thumbdown:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I played that paint game too! Do yourself a favor though and after 30days get clear bra on the front bedside skirt pieces and above it as well covering the rear fender....

I didn't and wish I did!!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will do if I get those repainted. My priorities are hood (which looks like hell where Toyota repainted it after the factory-installed bug guard ripped my paint off), front bumper and door handles. They all look TERRIBLE. Depending on how much that costs I also need to do the tailgate (which Toyota also repainted - but didn't remove the emblems, they painted over them --- L A M E). If I can I will also do flares and I have a bad scratch on my passenger quarter panel that I really need to get touched up.

So yeah... basically repaint the entire damn truck. :argh: Toyota screwed up with this RR paint and they know it - hence the Barcelona Red.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well if u have full coverage you can always do a claim on your comprehensive side of the policy. Thats what it is there for...

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Toyota screwed up with this RR paint and they know it - hence the Barcelona Red.

FYI: The 2012 Tundra's still come in Barcelona Red Metallic and Radiant Red! :rolleyez:

Hope all works out well tomorrow! :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Better take some pics mang. The swap out is easy. Just takes some time. :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick update... engine swap is complete. Engine started on the first try with no codes on a short test drive. I'm extremely tired, so is everyone involved. Gadget and Sam are on the road back to URD headquarters but probably won't arrive until 3:00am. I'll have more details tomorrow after some sleep but the most important part is the MASSIVE thanks to these people - without whom this seriously could not have happened:

- Gadget
- Steve (ntinhri)
- Sam
- Kevin
- Dwayne
- Eddie

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Awesome to know that the family took care of our founding father!
Great job guys! :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Puts a huge smile on my face, knowing how this community came through like that. Glad you are up and running again. :adore: Rest up, and enjoy your truck again. :)

Top Bottom