Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAQ: Gas Mileage

05runner

Reaction score
My first tank i got from the dealer i bought the truck from which was 93 but since then i've been burning 89 and im getting the same results so ill continue with 89 octane

sonic555u

Reaction score
man my x is a gas guzzler then again Im always gunning it and burning rubber at every red stop.

Xample

Reaction score
i get between 19-20 mpg and about 320 a tank

fuseaku

Reaction score
I can get about 300 miles to the tank if I try. But it's hard to not drive my truck like I'm trying to beat everyone else on the road. lol :rock:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i usually get near 300 to the light. about 17mpg. but thats with daily trips to 100mph+, and beatin it hard on the street. with the new tune im anxious to see what it does.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Ummmm......my owners manual says to use 87 octane.Who is reccomending you to use 93 octane?I see no need to waste the money if the truck isn't going to run any better.Plus,if it is tuned for 87 octane and you use a higher octane,it could loose power due to the fuel burning slower.If you have a different tune than stock then that is a different story.I do however run 93 octane in my Mustang because I have the timing advanced.If I run 87 octane it will detonate under hard acceleration.
The owners manual recommend 87 or higher. In parenthesis For improved vehicle performance, the use of premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. For me I notice using 91 octane my truck shifts better through the gears.

BlackCat

Reaction score
I've run with 87, 89 and 91 octane (no 93 around here in Tucson, we're already at 2400ft elevation). I have noticed the dropoff in power, not so much from 91 to 89, but really with 87. Even with 87, though, it pulls reasonably strongly (not as well at the low end, though). However, I've not noticed any real change in mileage between any of the grades, always around 20-21.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
i have noticed the drop in performance and in millage with 87 compared to 91 but I am at about 600ft elevation and its cold right now about 30-40 but in the summer i notice less power when its warmer outside. they sell 110 over by where I live its race gas but idk if trying it would hurt my engine anyone know what it would do? maybe give me extra horses or maybe melt some rubber gaskets or hoses?

Michigan X-Runner

Reaction score
I been getting 17.6 to 19 My truck only has 1k on it.

I hope it will loosen up more & get some better mileage

Crouse BLUE X

Reaction score
i have noticed the drop in performance and in millage with 87 compared to 91 but I am at about 600ft elevation and its cold right now about 30-40 but in the summer i notice less power when its warmer outside. they sell 110 over by where I live its race gas but idk if trying it would hurt my engine anyone know what it would do? maybe give me extra horses or maybe melt some rubber gaskets or hoses?

race gas is fine its pretty much the same as pump gas other them its more refined and and has less impurities, your truck will probably run a little cooler and have a little more hp, i run vp c12 and c14 all time in my race bikes but when the race season is over i just dump it in my truck or lawn mower so i dont have to store it over winter

XRLover25

Reaction score
I have only used 87, but now after hearing that it pulls harder with 89 even. I might just use 89. I am poor and I only have CAI for performance (with a TBS), so I don't feel the need for premium. If I had exhaust and/or blower, it would be a diff story!! I get b/n 19-22 highway (faster driving: 75+) I am not sure about city, I only calculate for highway. I had my truck loaded down with boxes full of crap in the cab and bed, and went through the mountains and got 19. I am sure I get higher than 22, but I don't have scangauge, this is just averages.

AsianTaco

Reaction score
they sell 110 over by where I live its race gas but idk if trying it would hurt my engine anyone know what it would do? maybe give me extra horses or maybe melt some rubber gaskets or hoses?
Doesn't race gas clog the cats? I'm not to sure, but I've heard that somewhere.:hmmmm2:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Doesn't race gas clog the cats? I'm not to sure, but I've heard that somewhere.:hmmmm2:

If its leaded you will melt a hole in your floor as your cats self destruct hahahahaha. Unleaded race fuel will be fine.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
ok well thats good to know I will have to see if its leaded or unleaded. Does anyone use sixth gear cause i use it all the time I am seeing some bad millage on hear and was wondering if anyone uses it or if they don't and what rpm ppl are shifting at.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah, you can lug the motor very easy in 6th though which will attribute to bad economy as well. I find the best fuel economy is keeping that needle around 1800 RPMs.

GrundleBear

Reaction score
i get like 20....alot of highway to and from work

i guess i should also say this makes me miss my kia...it got like 30 and it only had a 12 gallon tank :frown: sad times for me and my wallet

Last edited by a moderator:

BSPX

Reaction score
why do you guys run your tank down to empty? Are you not worried about sucking air into the fuel lines. I try to fill up right at a 1/4 tank and I get about 225miles then. I have gotten as low as 14 and the highest was 19.91 going 85mph for 6 straight hours without stopping.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I fill up my tank today and i went up to approx 290 miles and i still had about a little over a 1/4 tank left.....

BSPX

Reaction score
my truck knocks and pings BAD with 87 octane at high rpms. I refuse to run it now because of that. My dad can get me really high octane fuel at the airport, he said its like 110 octane or something crazy, but its about $6 a gallon.

Top Bottom