Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

First "NightVision" Projector GB

Blasphemous

Reaction score
So anxious haha.

So how is everybody feeling during night driving? Big improvement in light output?

on to the neXt

Reaction score
They are amazing I have 2 other trucks and a motorcycle and they all will have new headlights as soon as I can afford them

redarkx

Reaction score
Blasphemous said:
So anxious haha.

So how is everybody feeling during night driving? Big improvement in light output?

Definatly. Had hid's before and I felt like it just sprayed the light out. These are much nicer and I don't get bright lighted!

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
It's light output isn't more it is just focused better where it needs to be. I drive 20 miles home thru the GA country roads @ night most of the time and these are perfect visibility for here. Even in heavy fog.

JFrame

Reaction score
Got my lights today and installed them. I have never done any of this type of work however I was able to get it all going minus the Angel Eyes. Not sure what to do with the red and black wires off the inverter.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
JFrame said:
Got my lights today and installed them. I have never done any of this type of work however I was able to get it all going minus the Angel Eyes. Not sure what to do with the red and black wires off the inverter.

If you have DTRLs you can tap the angel wires to the DTRL wires...or tap them into the marker light wires...or to a toggle switch.

Where are all the pics at?? Lol

GaX-Runner

Reaction score

You can also read my posts on p. 28 as well...I posted a basic walk thru on wiring them to the corner bulbs :top:

JFrame

Reaction score
***Sorry for the big pictures*** Here is where I'm at. The negative side of the battery was disconnected while I was taking pics but that definitely isn't my problem right now. I had the driver side working at one point and then removed the battery, tucked all the parts away neatly and started doing the other side. Once I got everything wired up I put the battery back in and I could no longer get the main part of the headlights to work anymore. Here is where everything is plugged in at.

I put the wire with the fuse on the positive side of the battery.

PhotoMar1464333PM.jpg
PhotoMar1464333PM.jpg

Coming off of the ballast I put the ground on the ground for the negative side of the battery

PhotoMar1464601PM.jpg
PhotoMar1464601PM.jpg

Some of the other cables. The rest seem to really only be able to plug into one spot.

PhotoMar1464702PM.jpg
PhotoMar1464702PM.jpg

I put the main set of wires on the driver side and there was a place for this plug but on the passenger side I'm not sure what to do.

PhotoMar1465137PM.jpg

PhotoMar1465137PM.jpg
Jeremy_Frame

Workman3886

Reaction score
***Sorry for the big pictures*** Here is where I'm at. The negative side of the battery was disconnected while I was taking pics but that definitely isn't my problem right now. I had the driver side working at one point and then removed the battery, tucked all the parts away neatly and started doing the other side. Once I got everything wired up I put the battery back in and I could no longer get the main part of the headlights to work anymore. Here is where everything is plugged in

I removed the pics just to make the reply smaller, there is only one plug to hook up to the existing light wire harness, the one on the drivers side, make sure you grounding points to your ballasts are really good too. You shouldn't have to splice anything. Make sure the inline fuse didn't blow either...

Keep us updated, the only issue I had was the alignment, it takes a min...

JFrame

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna run out and grab a new inline fuse. It doesn't look like it's blown but I have hear some of them can blow without really looking blown? :Shrug

JFrame

Reaction score
Can someone put up a pick of where they attached their grounds and where they attached the red cable w/ the inline fuse.

Workman3886

Reaction score
I'm not at home right now but the red w/ inline fuse is straight to the battery, and I used the ground on the side wall behind both headlights, the passenger side one is sorta behind the water reservoir...

JFrame

Reaction score
I'm not at home right now but the red w/ inline fuse is straight to the battery, and I used the ground on the side wall behind both headlights, the passenger side one is sorta behind the water reservoir...

See, that's what I had done. I'm gonna stop and buy a new fuse on my way home from work and see if maybe that was the problem.

JFrame

Reaction score
[SOLVED] So glad to have gotten this figured out. Everything was grounded right and the inline fuse was fine. The problem was that in the "controller"
(not sure if using the right terminology) the plug that had most of the wires coming from it. The pin for the white wire was not plugged in. After pushing it all the way and getting it seated right everything started working.

Here is a picture of the plug I'm talking about. This is after I plugged the wire in.

IMG_0152.jpg

Very happy with the lights and I'll get some pictures of them installed tonight or tomorrow.

Workman3886

Reaction score
Awesome man! I didn't even think about that harness coming loose! Post some pics after you get everything in order!

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
How involved is the swap? Haven't really looked at my headlights before...

Its not hard at all..but ive taken my headlights off at least 10 times so i can do it in less than 5 minutes with taking my front bumper off. To remove the upper grill there is two plastic clips and two screws to remove then you just pull the grill up and out. For the colored pieces below the headlights there is a plastic clip toward the upper grill that you take out...then you pull the entire piece towards the center of the truck to pop it off. For the headlights there are two screws on the top, one on the bottom towards the grill and one behind the bumper below the fender which is kind of a pain to get to which is why i just remove my bumper. Some have gotten to this screw from underneath the truck and dont put it back in for easier future removal but i put all four back on.

WHERE ARE ALL THE PICS AT??????? :smile:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
SooRunner said:
Babyboi, Did you receive my headlights yet?

They attempted to deliver them but my wife was in school and I was at work so no one was home to sign for them. I will hopefully get them Monday.

Top Bottom