Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gear swap #2 diy, pics and video

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
yes its off for sure. i have driven by radar points and next to some friends and the speed does not match between both vehicals. the sensors in the wheels are for the abs

I second you comment. I know I have said this before, but I have a 3.73 rear with 35" tires. My speedo is way off. Right around 62-63MPH I am doing 75. If your tires are the stock size, your numbers would be in the reverse of mine. Should feel nice and torquey. :rock:

Youll' probably want to get your speedo recalibrated since it will make your miles add up quicker than normal. Right now, for every 4 miles I drive, I am one mile off. Checked it against the highway mile markers

Last edited:

CivicKilla

Reaction score
sorry for the wait guys but both sac and infineon were not open to the public so the next test and tune day i will be out there.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Any chance you get an "in cab" clip of the acceleration and shift points?

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
i agree... would like some in truck action going on, driving that is... don't get any other ideas :biggrin:

CivicKilla

Reaction score
well i know someone else is also doing the gear swap he said tuesday so hopefully he can get something up. i wanted to hit the track for you guys

WCD

Reaction score
I'm doing the swap tomorrow.
Then on Wednesday I'll take it to the track. It's Sac Raceway's Wednesday night drags.

Any chance you get an "in cab" clip of the acceleration and shift points?

Remember the shift points will be off due to the 15% error from the new gears, until the error is corrected anyway.
The shifting will definitely be shorter. First gear will be like a granny gear. :smile:

Last edited:

CivicKilla

Reaction score
first is not that crazy (granny gear) it pulls hella hard but totally usable

lamecargo

Reaction score
i miss Sac's Raceway im from the placerville area use to take my accord there when i was in high school

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Is there a way to swap a larger 6th gear in the tranny to make it like an overdrive?

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
i miss Sac's Raceway im from the placerville area use to take my accord there when i was in high school

Uh, what do you mean by miss? Did they close it down for some stupid houses and malls? :dontknow:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So any update? Did you ever get a chance to take the truck to the track?

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
Uh, what do you mean by miss? Did they close it down for some stupid houses and malls? :dontknow:

no way its still there. open drags every wednesday night. he probably just doesnt go no more or something.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
We need to see less of this
attachment.gif
and more of this ----> #'s for 1/4 mi, mph, r/t, 60'

Top Bottom