Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

has anyone tried these oil coolers?

butters607

Reaction score
A quarter dude that cooler must be dinky 1 1/2 quarts or somthing here

Last edited:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Kinda. It's a 13l x 2w x 4h with a 11 1/8 of cooling row length. Thats what I can do with my budget and mount it in my front bumper.

butters607

Reaction score
Good to know man, I plan on running a setrab eoc soon. How's the pressure? I'm just making a template now and finding ways to mount it. How much added capacity did your cooler add, with mine I'll need a 1/4 of a qt (.24l) more than normal.

Dang my truck takes like 6.5 now how small is the.cooler?

butters607

Reaction score
Dude wait you can get a 13 row for 50 shipped its made by Jdm its on ebay

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Also it has to be controlled by a thermostat bro or you could mess your truck up by circulating cold oil

i20rider

Reaction score
I have a true cool oil cooler on mine and a mishimoto radiator along with e fans. She runs nice and cool

butters607

Reaction score
I have a true cool oil cooler on mine and a mishimoto radiator along with e fans. She runs nice and cool

Mines a true oil cooler 10an lines next I'm gonna mount a fan to it I think its also thermostatically controlled and only opens up at 180* oil temps

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I've made several but its all chicken scratch in my school journal. I'll do some explaining with photo's. In the red highlighted rectangle is the overall front bumper dimension that air flows though, in this area it measures 35in x 4in. on the other side of that is where the metal part of the bumper resides. In there I have a 6-7in of available space. In the yellow rectangle is the proposed mounted location of the EOC I'm using. The reasons why I chose this was that is was budget friendly. Parts I plan on using are a greddy sandwhich plate for a KA24DE or a SR20DET. Torspd informed me this would work for our 1GRFE. I also plan on running gauges as well. Then I'll be using a Setrab 50-613-7612. Its a 13in by 4in. Its also a series 6 with 13 rows M22. I have tried looking at every aspect to ensure that it'll work flawlessly, but it's still a work in progress. I've looked at flow ratings, added capacity, cold starting, hard sustained use, mounting, coolant cooling changes (if I mount it in front of the radiator), pressure ratings, vibrations, etc. I've still got some stuff to do like mounting, how I'm running my sending and return lines and stuff like that. Got any pointers? The other pic is not my truck, but it shows whats behind the grill and all the stuff thats in front of the ac condenser and radiator.

Attachments

• Lucario EOC1.jpg
    Lucario EOC1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 110
  • Power and Speed (138).jpg
    Power and Speed (138).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 116

butters607

Reaction score
Well on mine I have it in the yellow marking spot there is a hole right where the ac line runs through and that's where I ran my 10 an lines don't worry about your antifreeze and pressure and all that stuff its going to create its own also what i used to mount it is exhaust strapping from autozone its 4 dollars you will need that and some bolts and there is a frame rail down there just take the strapping hook it to the cooler then mount it to that frame rail and any it towards the botom grille piece where the air comes in but ill tell you this it is now a tight fit with the intercooler but I have been thinking about moving it and making longer lines to the front center by the supercharger oil cooler the lines are 2.5 feet each where I have it mounted right now. Also when you change your oil let it idle up to temperature so it. Can fill the cooler back up with out having any added pressure to the system one more thing if you do this remember you are gonna have to drain the cooler everytime separate from the regular oil change but I have the Amsoil in it just gotta change that every 5k I'm gonna be using the Amsoil tall boy next time i do the oil change and I haven't found a way to put a draincock on the cooler its self but I'm working on it!

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drill some holes in that aluminum bumper behind the plastic, and it will. :top:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I'll take some pics from behind my bumper later and show some mounting idea's I have.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha, the one in that pic has a bent tab, on the right side.

Kind of looks like the one from Pro Sport. I would say that it will work. Best to get a known quality one though. Such as the kne you are planning to purchase.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Sorry guys I had worked out yesterday and was really tired. away here are the pics. First will be my notes I wrote down while in class, then pics of the proposed location.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg