Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How fast is fast?

Super Werty

Reaction score
Yea if I could figure out how to raise the rev limiter on the trans and run out 3rd gear I could touch some 12's. Or if the temps dropped another 20*

who knows maybe in Jan it will get really cold

people timing there 40-90 should try it with the limiter set at 5500...see what happens

WCD

Reaction score
Yea if I could figure out how to raise the rev limiter on the trans and run out 3rd gear I could touch some 12's. Or if the temps dropped another 20*

people timing there 40-90 should try it with the limiter set at 5500...see what happens

That truck is moving! :top:

Is it me or is the tranny slipping at the top of the revs?

On second look it seems like it's just slow to shift. That valvebody kit should be on your Christmas list.

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
On second look it seems like it's just slow to shift. That valvebody kit should be on your Christmas list.

its not slipping, just slow

waiting on IPT to get back to me:top:

WCD

Reaction score
Good deal. That will shave more time for sure.

X-roller

Reaction score

Have you tried searching for a stall converter?

Super Werty

Reaction score
Have you tried searching for a stall converter?

IPT will modify the stock one. But Im told its not a good idea for a daily driver.

Im not sure I would benefit from it that much. If you noticein the vid, I am now able to spin the tires in 4wd, only for a split second. A higher stall might screw up my launch.

blake

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa....I don't post much on here, so I may be a bit behind, and I'm mainly looking to increase my post count so I can post my truck for sale, but...what exactly am I looking at that's a auto tranny 4x4 Toyota pickup and almost hitting 12s?

A 1.8 60 ft. time is only .3 second faster than I would expect a decent driver on decent tires to do anyways, so clearly there's a lot of time made up elsewhere.
hay.gif

TRD-X

Reaction score
Posting to post stupid !:fail:Read the post Yo.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa....I don't post much on here, so I may be a bit behind, and I'm mainly looking to increase my post count so I can post my truck for sale, but...what exactly am I looking at that's a auto tranny 4x4 Toyota pickup and almost hitting 12s?

A 1.8 60 ft. time is only .3 second faster than I would expect a decent driver on decent tires to do anyways, so clearly there's a lot of time made up elsewhere.
hay.gif

actually every tenth gained in the 60' is usually worth .2-.3 tenths in the 1/4 mile!

So to go from 1.8 to 2.1-2.2 is a MASSIVE difference - one of the reasons the XRs suck so bad at drag.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
You think you will ever hit 12's?

If yes how? (2-3 Complete Sentences)

Super Werty

Reaction score
You think you will ever hit 12's?

If yes how? (2-3 Complete Sentences)

I am not sure if I will ever hit 12's. It is possible, I just need one of two things, or both, and that would be a valve body for my trans so I can shift faster, and I need cooler weather. It was only 55* friday night. If January provides a 30* race night Im positive it would touch 12.999.

I was only making 8.5 - 9 psi for these runs.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Did you remove body parts for this run will? Or is this full street trim?

You may find yourself losing traction in the colder weather, get lots of runs in now.

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score
thats moving good for that truck.

Heres something to look at from 60 foots.

here is my wifes BONE STOCK truck at the track on drag radials left side
steftruck.jpg

now only difference here was i added a ptb3600 stall converter to her truck still stock tune stock intake nothing else changed. You can see mph is almost the same but 60 foot time much lower.
TIMES.jpg

The 1/8 mile time went from 8.5 to 8.0 thats a massive difference on the street.

Last edited:
Top Bottom