Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hurricane Irene

Murderface

Reaction score
Hunkering down, stocked up with supplies. Hoping one of my neighbors trees doesn't come crashing through my roof.

My neighbors tree already had a giant branch brake and swing down and take out my daughters brand new swing set, it demolished it. Worst part is that the branch is still attached to the tree, If I start cutting the branches down where I can reach them then most likely the weight of the branch plus the fact that it's branches won't be resting on the ground anymore would equal the rest of the branch coming down and landing right on top of my shed. I'm really hoping this storm doesn't make the branch fall on to my shed.

Murderface

Reaction score
Wonder how the Va Beach area guys are doin? Heard they don't have power in some areas? The outer band just hit the Philly area. I looked out my window and it was dry but cloudy, put my flip flops on to move my trash cans inside and now it's pouring! Damn that was fast!

dramad1

Reaction score
RedXRunner said:
Don't forget to buy an inflatable cushion.

That thing is sick. Not a bad idea but at what price?? Just think it could double as a blob in the off season. Watching coverage of it right now, not looking good as far as rain and storm surge as well as power outages. Stay safe guys

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
We are here.... NC was nasty this morning now I'm up in VB area...things are starting to pick up.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I have already had a roof leak, sealed up temporarily with duct tar, and duct tape. Im praying it holds out until I can fix it properly

Coupe

Reaction score
If they don't have power, they probably don't have internet.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
my mom lost power, cable, phone, in mechanicsville MD and this shit just started lol

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
This storm shall be interesting...Yesterday we kicked everyone off the beach I work at at 2:00 because there was a 4:00 mandatory evac. for the barnegat peninsula. We had tractors moving sand to build a walls up to try and protect the boardwalk and stuff. Even though i doubt its going to help much. People were boarding up their houses. I think there is going to be some major damage, guess ill find out on monday when i go back to work. They closed the seaside bridge at 8:00pm yesterday, was hoping to drive over and see some of the storm, but guess i wont be. There saying that theirs goin to be 15 foot waves and occasionally 20ish foot waves where i work. Hows everything by everyone else? It just started raining by me about 4 hours ago. Its not bad yet probably wont be til later tonight to tomorrow morning. Hope everyones safe and has taken the proper precautions for the storm. Most likely will lose power and internet at some point tonight.

hawkone29

Reaction score
hurricane party FTW......inflatable raft, beers, hip waders, beers, oh and more beers lol

on to the neXt

Reaction score
It's really not bad my friends and family stayed at the beach the whole time and some didn't even lose power weak storm compared to some In the past

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I have already had a roof leak, sealed up temporarily with duct tar, and duct tape. Im praying it holds out until I can fix it properly

You going to cme do mine too...hoe sprung a leak earlier

Murderface

Reaction score
If they don't have power, they probably don't have internet.

I was thinkin that but they could be at a friends house far enough away that they have power and heard from a friend or member or from TV that they are out of power? Who knows I just hope I don't lose power cause that would mean no sump pump in the basement which will ruin my partially finished basement. The power inverter in our trucks isn't strong enough to power the pump either. Tried locating a generator with no luck and looked for a bigger power inverter and then use a couple car batteries to use as backup if the power goes out. I'll be using buckets to empty my sump if I lose power booooooo!!!!!

justin13703

Reaction score
I went to walmart yesterday and could barely get around because of all the idiots needlessly stocking up on everything. I know it was supposed to be bad near the shores but where I am they predicted a half inch of rain and wind gusts to 20 mph. And we got a drizzle and a small breeze. I love living in the most retarded city in the eastern united states.

Top Bottom