Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hurricane Irene

azburnin

Reaction score
Yeah it was puss, Except the neighbors tree fell down and almost hit my beater! It would of been a terrible loss lol.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 69

Gadget

Reaction score
Lost power a 1930 yesterday. Still out.

Verizon wireless Internet is up. Verizon Cell is up. Verizon land line dead. At&T Cell is completely down.

Trees down all over the neighborhood. Looks like none hit houses.

One big one down on the street and my driveway. Burned up two tanks of gas in the chainsaw to get it open.

Got like a dozen trees down on my lot and one big one down on my fence. No vehicle damage so I am very happy.

It was creepy being in the dark and hearing those trees crashing down all night long. Crack, snap BOOM. Crack, snap BOOM.....

My wife got home from work early this morning and she is a volunteer for the Red Cross and went to man the County's Emergency Operations Center and just called and told me that the damage county wide is very significant. Says it is much worse than the major ice storm some years ago. The fire dept has been out condemning houses all morning so she is busy looking for ways to place those families.

Power company is saying no power any time soon.

We are in Calvert County that is on the West side of the Chesapeake Bay.

G

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Glad you're safe Gadget.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
There are trees down around here, & flooding but nothing crazy, power went out for a whopping 2 mins (didn't even get enough time to fire up the generator).

Yeah it was puss, Except the neighbors tree fell down and almost hit my beater! It would of been a terrible loss lol.

Hah! Thats how it always goes man, storm wrecks ur DD but leaves ur nice car untouched.

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
We got lucky.. THis storm coulda been much worse...

Murderface

Reaction score
Irene is a puss, totally disappointed.

Agreed! Not only did we not lose power at all or have any trees or branches fall down, I was able to completely sleep thru the entire night zzzzzzzz.

This happened 2 weeks ago during a regular rain storm. Took out my kids swingset and it's resting on my shed.
275490bc.jpg

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
I'm so happy!! My neighbor that owns the tree that had a branch fall down and crush my daughter new swing set just came over and said he's paying to have all the branches cut down and removed so I don't have to pay someone to do it. What a nice guy! I just hope they cut the whole tree down.

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
Hope everyones okay...The damage in my area is not that bad. We had the power out for about 16 hours. The storm seemed not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Alot of wind and rain. Heres some pics...The last three are pics of where i lifegaurd at.

Attachments

• toms river river.jpg
    toms river river.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 83
  • toms river3.jpg
    toms river3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 73
  • toms river2.jpg
    toms river2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 70
  • ortley.jpg
    ortley.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 77
  • ortley2.jpg
    ortley2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 79
  • ortley3.jpg
    ortley3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 73

ultraxr

Reaction score
This was the extend of the damages at my place. (that goodness) I'll check my roof top for any missing shingles once I get back to mainland.

Isabelle was a badder bitch than Irene.

311534_2354466667885_1436738125_3958654_6677577_n.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
His homeowners insurance will cover your damages, his damages and pay him for the loss of the tree.

I got about 12 very large hardwood trees and a few pines down, plus a section of fence. Cha-ching!!

G

Murderface

Reaction score
In NJ even though it's his tree it's my obligation to clean it up and report damages to my homeowners insurance. This is why I'm happy he's cleaning up the tree and branches thatare on my shed and that took out my kids swingset. I may he able to straighten out some of the pieces that are supposed to be straight.

dramad1

Reaction score
I saw on the news they were giving tickets out to people jetski ing on the streets. Lol. Glad everyone is safe. Look like a few chain saw are in order thought. Be safe chopping that mess up.

Murderface

Reaction score
Wonder how they would even catch the people on the jet skis? I remember when I was young the cops would try to chase us off the frozen ponds around town. We would never listen cause we always had a nice game of ice hockey going on. One cop decided he would walk out onto the ice to try and catch us.........FAIL! couldn't count how many times he busted his ass trying to run on the ice in boots lolz

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
basement leaked(no major damage i dont think), wifes lawn ornament glass glob thing shattered and blew glass all over the driveway. Power went out around 7pm sat night, no sign of it coming back on :thumbdown:

Luckily where i work has power and everything

Top Bottom