Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'm BOOSTED!

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
My commute to work this morning was sooooooooo much better than it was just last week! :laugh:

I pulled up next to a 4x4 Taco, dropped her into 3rd and hit it. I wasn't tryn to be a **** to him, just showing him what another Taco can do. :biggrin:

poop and I wanted david's urd kit :eviltongue:

You dont wanna know what he made me. :ahhhhh::biggrin:

I think I might be tainted for life. :laugh:

Last edited:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
My commute to work this morning was sooooooooo much better than it was just last week! :laugh:
I remember when I first got boosted...I couldn't wait to go to work the next morning, just so I could drive my truck:driver:.
I used any excuse to get out of the house and go driving.
You dont wanna know what he made me. :ahhhhh::biggrin:

I think I might be tainted for life. :laugh:
I gave him a salami smothered in underpants sandwich...Knuckle Shuffle FTW!!!:rock:

blastap

Reaction score
im curious why david sold it? are you going a different route?

2006nightrider

Reaction score

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Baker....congrats on getting blown :top: nothing better than getting a text saying "I heard somebody got blown" and not being able to get to a comp :argh: I was up in NY visiting the fam

You sire are the winner! Its david's old kit. :top:

He's planning on using the money to get the MKII. :top:

David...I would've thrown in my headlights and tonneau for a deal like that....too bad :rolleyez: :laugh:

:biggrin:...the good thing is that this means the MKII is close to being in production...:wink:

That was what made me want the URD kit....That PPPPSSSSHHHHHHHH noise turns more heads then anything.

Both S/C kits are nice, but the URD is a one of a kind intimidating sound:rock:

I can't wait for my turn to have that experience :rockon:

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Hey look who it is....:laugh:

I wondered when you would chime in.

XRUNX

Reaction score
stupid question i know barely anything about super chargers or turbos so dont be hard on me lol
this new urd machine looks like a turbo to me and is that a BOV i see in one of the pics so if someone could explaine il love u forever :adore:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
stupid question i know barely anything about super chargers or turbos so dont be hard on me lol
this new urd machine looks like a turbo to me and is that a BOV i see in one of the pics so if someone could explaine il love u forever :adore:
The URD is a centrifugal supercharger; which looks like the snail of a turbo...and also has a similar characteristic- high end power!

And the valve you see isnt a blow off vavle which you find on a turbo setup, its a bypass valve which releases some air pressure; in the same way a BOV does, except it goes back into the intake tube instead of the air getting released into thin air:top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
So who wants to sell me a supercharger for a couple hundred a month? :biggrin:

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
The S/C unit itself does sort of look like a turbo, but its belt driven off of teh engine.
And the "BOV" is a Bypass valve, it does make sound, but not as loud as a BOV.

Th URD S/C makes a nice woooosh sound under boost and a wooosh/phsssssh(haha) sound when air escapes out of the bypass valve, like during shifts and random revs. :biggrin:

Hope that all makes sense.

Good work David

Hopefully someone will....:top:

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score

:laugh:...If that was the case Donny I would definitely get a URD MKII...come URD hook us up with a financial plan (MONTHLY PAYMENTS)...:biggrin:

XRUNX

Reaction score
The URD is a centrifugal supercharger; which looks like the snail of a turbo...and also has a similar characteristic- high end power!

And the valve you see isnt a bypass vavle which you find on a turbo setup, its a bypass valve which releases some air pressure; in the same way a BOV does, except it goes back into the intake tube instead of the air getting released into thin air:top:

ohh pretty sweet thanks alot bro wish it made the Blow off valve sound . i wouldnt mind having a turbo the size of a watch as long as i could hear that sound oh what i would do to be able to hear a RFL BOV in my x :laugh:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Ill pass on the mkII....too much trouble for me....faster and more power = bad juju....Ive decided Im going boosted, I just dont know when....:frown: Thank you Blastap for making me spend more money :motz:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Good work David
Thanks son, your just too slow:eviltongue::biggrin:
ohh pretty sweet thanks alot bro wish it made the Blow off valve sound . i wouldnt mind having a turbo the size of a watch as long as i could hear that sound oh what i would do to be able to hear a RFL BOV in my x :laugh:
Pretty similar sound, it DOES make the "pssssshhhh" sound when you shift; which was a selling point to me when I bought it.

Here are a couple quick vids, listen to the sound of the bypass:

[youtube]WtVfj58FVrE[/youtube]

[youtube]b0vFNEQBA3w[/youtube]

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
come URD hook us up with a financial plan (MONTHLY PAYMENTS)...:biggrin:

URD did look into financing, but the ineterest rates for plesure/performance prodcuts would be higher than CC interest rates.

XRUNX

Reaction score
mhh your right it does sound pretty sexy lol when i fisnish paying off my truck and find a way to have it put in without my gf finding out its something i need to get

Top Bottom