Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just found an awesome cleaning product!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You need to use the product, then wash it a month later in the same area and then take a picture.

Many products have fillers that mask scratches in the clear coat; over time though as these fillers wear off you will see the true condition of the paint.

This I think would be a good product for a touch up clean after arriving at a car show.

I cant wait for spring so I can try it.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
what if you take the truck to the self service car wash and spray most of the dirt off and then let dry and then use the cleaner and the wax stuff... that would eliminate the possibility of dragging the dirt around and possibly damaging the paint. i think thats the way im gonna do it. you probably wont have to use as much either since you wont be wiping the dirt off. well see....

just got my 2 sample packs... 12 bucks, not a bad price. did yall see the price of the shipping though 61 bucks for the fastest shipping. thats rediculous.

Last edited:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
what if you take the truck to the self service car wash and spray most of the dirt off and then let dry and then use the cleaner and the wax stuff... that would eliminate the possibility of dragging the dirt around and possibly damaging the paint. i think thats the way im gonna do it. you probably wont have to use as much either since you wont be wiping the dirt off. well see....

just got my 2 sample packs... 12 bucks, not a bad price. did yall see the price of the shipping though 61 bucks for the fastest shipping. thats rediculous.

still a ton of dirt on there to smear around causing micro marring and stuff

TreTuna

Reaction score

Just got my 2 sample packs in yesterday, and this is about how I'm going to use it. Though, I am not just going to spray off dirt, I'll do a full wash as the car wash and then go over it with these products. This is how I've been using Maguire's products for years to clean my vehicles and I've always had great results. Wish I had time to get to it today as my truck needs a good wash badly, had to skip it's weekly bath last weekend :thumpdown: But, that's only cause I was too busy working on phase 1 of my headlight mod. :top:

Hopefully I'll get to try these out in the next day or two, otherwise I'm going to go insane seeing my beauty this dirty any longer.......

TreTuna

Reaction score
So I used these products last weekend. They did a pretty good job, though I think I'll still stick with my Maguire's stuff. Though I did really like the quick'n'slick and the tire cleaner a lot. The waterless wash'n'wax didn't really impress me. I do recommend anyone to getting the 2 sample packs though, the cloths alone are worth it, and the spray bottles come in handy for keeping smaller amounts of cleaners with you in the truck. I'm definitely not dissatisfied with the product, just not as satisfied with it compared to my maguire's stuff.

AlexForbesR6

Reaction score
i got these for my bike more than anything...i cant see myself using a spry bottle on my whole truck...especially not doing multiple times with the different stuff...but i love them for my bike, stuff works very well...and itll be awesome for when i get my track plastics and paint them (and get my street plastics custom painted by a pro)

x-runner808

Reaction score
this product is awsome on my x.
its make my paint bling..
i love it..

05Xrunner

Reaction score
So i tried it today to see what it was like...My truck really wasnt dirty just had some dust on it a little from driving it..dusted it off first..then used the waterless carwash..really wasnt all that impressed nothing more then an instant detailer..See how it looks after it gets a real wash sometime soon. I have a feeling its nothing more then what the quick n slick is. I do like the bottles though

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I like the tire shine and the quick and slick :top:

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
i think everyone had too hogh of expectations for the product. yeah they claim to be the best out there and theyre expensive but the price is meant to fool you into thinking its any different than another product. maguires is great stuff but i dont think there is much difference between the 2 other than the price. i used the wash n wax and when i was done i didnt even feel the need to use the quick n slick. and the tire stuff is great. i live in washington state and it rains about 80% of the year here so i used the tire stuff on the tires and the wash n wax on the body and it rained the next day, i was pissed, till i saw my truck and it was still nice looking. i drove it to an appointment and when i got back i ran my finger over the body kit on the drivers side skirt there was no streak. and even about a week and a half later at the pac north west meet my tires still looked nice and clean. great product, cool bottles, great price for the sample.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Here is my opinion:

Multiclean: Is an 'OK' mild cleaner - it really doesnt clean crap off the wheels or anything else like some of the other cheaper products do. However this can be good as well, it is very nice if you do not want to use a very harsh cleaner on a particular surface.

Aquanil-X Waterless Wash - Works well, did not scratch the clear coat when sprayed on very liberally and using two towels. However... To be honest I think just hand washing the car is faster and cheaper.

BUT I think this has found a spot in my 'touch up' kit. This stuff will work well for cleaning up dirt that has gotten onto the paint when driving to a meet or a car show.

Quick-N-Slick - Works great, shines nice, beads water pretty well - again a good car show or meet product. I prefer my other sealants though as they appear to be easier to work with. This stuff tends to streak easy and becomes a pain in the ass to remove when it does. Though... with some practice I was able to stop it from hazing/streaking most of the time. This wont be replacing my current glazes/waxes but def does a good job and is up there with some of the better products.

Not bad products croftgate, for a waterless wash application (for me just at meets or shows) it does the trick - I don't think id adapt it as a regular method to wash the car though.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is my opinion:

Multiclean: Is an 'OK' mild cleaner - it really doesnt clean crap off the wheels or anything else like some of the other cheaper products do. However this can be good as well, it is very nice if you do not want to use a very harsh cleaner on a particular surface.

Aquanil-X Waterless Wash - Works well, did not scratch the clear coat when sprayed on very liberally and using two towels. However... To be honest I think just hand washing the car is faster and cheaper.

BUT I think this has found a spot in my 'touch up' kit. This stuff will work well for cleaning up dirt that has gotten onto the paint when driving to a meet or a car show.

Quick-N-Slick - Works great, shines nice, beads water pretty well - again a good car show or meet product. I prefer my other sealants though as they appear to be easier to work with. This stuff tends to streak easy and becomes a pain in the ass to remove when it does. Though... with some practice I was able to stop it from hazing/streaking most of the time. This wont be replacing my current glazes/waxes but def does a good job and is up there with some of the better products.

Not bad products croftgate, for a waterless wash application (for me just at meets or shows) it does the trick - I don't think id adapt it as a regular method to wash the car though.

Ditto :withstupid: I mean.....:dito: :laugh:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
x3

but the bottles and towels were worth the price of the sample kits

Top Bottom