Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kenne bell s/c mustang gt or keep the X?

KEEP THE X OR GET THE S/C MUSTANG?

• Keep the x runner

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Get the s/c mustang

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Alot of the URD folks are stating this. Is it possible for some one to post a dyno graph of this i would like to see the numbers and curves
URDMKIIPWa.jpg

URDMKIITQa.jpg

From URD's website.

I know where you can buy a mustang really, really cheap.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAJ9NHPPywA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPq9SdUrVtw&feature=related[/ame]

roy365

Reaction score
If you don't NEED a truck then go with the Mustang. You can dump 10k in these trucks and they will NEVER come close to what that car can do, or it's potential.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Lol ya urds mustang is gonna take me YEARS to save up for that lol wish he took payments hahahaha

autobodyX

Reaction score
I have had a lot of fun with a stock X at several tracks. I was up at VIR and a couple of guys were there with mustangs one a Roush stage 3 and one Boss, the boss is a better set up for the road course style track. I passed the stage3 car and it took the Boss several laps to pass me as he was only catching me by 150 yards a lap around a 2.7 mile track. The dude cooked his brakes running the car so hard he had to go home early.
I'm not saying a stock X is going to kick every hot rod mustangs ass but you put a good driver in one and you can really surprise and impress them with how well there are engineered from Toyota. My new truck is supercharged and has all the go fast at the track stuff, I can't wait to get back to a track to play with the cars!

I say keep th X and enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N__jVeqv7J8

Gadget

Reaction score
VIR was a blast. And those Mustangs just were in the way holding me up until I got around them.

G

URDMKIIPWa.jpg

URDMKIITQa.jpg

From URD's website.

Those dynos are from the older Mk2 system with the C38-71 supercharger. The new Mk3 systems use the C38-81 and the UCON Flex. Power is up a bit over 10% with much better drivability. Now we have had a few customers break 450 RWHP....

G

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You mustang people are so funny. Lol :laugh:

ERMAHGERD MUSTANGS ARE THE BEST CARS EVER AND IF YOU DON'T OWN ONE THEN YOU'RE NOT AS COOL AS ME!

I am not brand loyal (I own many vehicles all makes and models); fact of the matter is if the guy wants affordable speed and not an expensive brick a KB Cobra is a damn good setup.

Id say the same thing for many other cars as well. :top:

Not about being "cool" - screw the image (really if I cared terribly about image I wouldn't of owned an XR because it has a certain specific image as do many vehicles); its about being realistic. Respect the X for what it is, Respect the Cobra for what it is.

Put down the hatorade brah' :laugh:

I guess us cool guy Mustang owners just cant get out from under the high noses of all these rare Tacomas.

No bias here, ive owned both & appreciate both.

Again be realistic for a second and look at each vehicles potential & what its designed for.

You want something rare I hope you have six figures to spend on a car or the skill to build something out of the ordinary yourself.

How do you see the road while driving your XR with that nose of yours so high in the air? lolz You accuse Mustang owners of doing the same thing half the people in this thread are.

Last edited:

xrgilly

Reaction score
go for the stang if i didn't need a truck i would have picked up a new gt instead of my f150

the x was a lot of fun but had its drawbacks I'm not brand loyal ill drive w.e i like at the time

to be honest i wanted an xrunner since 05 when i first saw one finally in 2010 i picked up a 09 swb
but after a short time owning one i quickly fell out of love with it tried to change its short falls but still didn't help i wasn't ready to drop another 10k to get it where i wanted and potently still not happy.

so far I've changed a few things on my new truck but mostly for " looks" it has all the power i want ( 4 wheel disk brakes lol) and more then enough room and capabilities

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I have had a lot of fun with a stock X at several tracks. I was up at VIR and a couple of guys were there with mustangs one a Roush stage 3 and one Boss, the boss is a better set up for the road course style track. I passed the stage3 car and it took the Boss several laps to pass me as he was only catching me by 150 yards a lap around a 2.7 mile track. The dude cooked his brakes running the car so hard he had to go home early.
I'm not saying a stock X is going to kick every hot rod mustangs ass but you put a good driver in one and you can really surprise and impress them with how well there are engineered from Toyota. My new truck is supercharged and has all the go fast at the track stuff, I can't wait to get back to a track to play with the cars!

I say keep th X and enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N__jVeqv7J8

You sure it wasnt a 70's boss? :laugh:

Gadget

Reaction score
On the way home I must of counted like 23 Mustangs. Did not see one XRunner.

Mustangs are everywhere. You even keep seeing them here in the XRunner forum.

Mullet Power!!!

G

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i wouldnt even think of it.

mustang will run fine for maybe a month...then 5k in BS

X will probably outlive you homie

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Count how many Tacomas you see on the way home while your at it :-D.

#include "Stdafx.h"
#include <windows.h>

main ()
{
MessageBox(HWND_DESKTOP,"Ricer",MB_OK);
return 0;
}

i wouldnt even think of it.

mustang will run fine for maybe a month...then 5k in BS

X will probably outlive you homie

I think you might be exaggerating a bit on that one... :laugh:

Last edited:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score

#include "Stdafx.h"
#include <windows.h>

main ()
{
MessageBox(HWND_DESKTOP,"Ricer",MB_OK);
return 0;
}

I think you might be exaggerating a bit on that one... :laugh:

maybe just a little ...

but i owned a mustang once.....it sucked

and thats all haha

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Try living in So-cal and driving one that isn't lifted with 33"s and doesn't have monster/rock-star/fox/nautical stars/fallen sticker on it.... I'd say Tacoma's (X-runners not withstanding) and Mustangs are about even where i live. Maybe a slight bias toward the stangs, as i work near Miramar AFB, and live near the Sub base...if i had $ for everyone i saw with a DoD sticker on it...:laugh:

Regards to what to pick....well...pick what ever ride suits your needs, and of course puts a smile on your face. :top:

justin13703

Reaction score
How do you see the road while driving your XR with that nose of yours so high in the air? lolz You accuse Mustang owners of doing the same thing half the people in this thread are.

Coming from the guy that doesn't own an xrunner anymore but still religiously trolls the xrunner forum telling the xrunner owners how much their vehicles suck. Also the same guy that apparently liked his enough to supercharge and put nitrous on his. You crack me up dood lol

Oh also, xrunners aren't tacomas with body kits, since you like to scream that so loudly every chance you get. I'd like to see a regular Tacoma pull as many g's on a skid pad as an xrunner does for example.

Jpayne, keep your truck. Leave the rustangs for the mullet-bearers.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Coming from the guy that doesn't own an xrunner anymore but still religiously trolls the xrunner forum telling the xrunner owners how much their vehicles suck. Also the same guy that apparently liked his enough to supercharge and put nitrous on his. You crack me up dood lol

Oh also, xrunners aren't tacomas with body kits, since you like to scream that so loudly every chance you get. I'd like to see a regular Tacoma pull as many g's on a skid pad as an xrunner does for example.

Jpayne, keep your truck. Leave the rustangs for the mullet-bearers.

WRONG lol Why dont you look at your attitude in this thread towards all cars for a millisecond and then look at mine; you are full of it.

I come back because of the many friends that I still speak to on here and meet up with on occasion that didn't get traded in with the vehicle. :top: Ive made some life long friends on this forum, the car I drive wont change that.

The body kit analogy is to put the truck into perspective because there honestly isn't a whole lot of drastic differences between the XR and 2WD Tacoma brethren. If you don't understand that entire concept I am sorry to say that's unfortunate. When you got your truck there was a badge on the back of it that said "TACOMA" right? It is a TACOMA X-RUNNER right?

There are more differences between a 4.6L and 5.0L Mustang then a pre-runner vs. X-Runner lol.

I love both vehicles and don't look down upon either one like you so easily do (look at your attitude from the get go towards stangs).

If you are butt hurt that the stang is a better choice for this gentleman if he wants ass raping power on the affordable side im sorry but the truth hurts. That doesn't mean im putting the XR down; that just is what it is dude - get real.

I had a ton of money invested in my truck and it was very quick for what it was; but a boosted 5.0 or worked up Cobra, or any other purposely designed go fast vehicle is definitely the better choice with the goal of all out performance that wont destroy your bank account in mind.

That was the OP's question wasn't it?

I am sorry but an X brace isn't going to make the cobra any less of a car for the OP.

You are lying to yourself and to him if you think or say otherwise.

Lets stick with the facts and drop the anger towards the mustangs and any other vehicle that threatens your X-Runner superiority syndrome.

I still own a 2011 Tacoma by the way :-D, my hate must be real strong to own one.

Last edited:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
WRONG lol Why dont you look at your attitude in this thread towards all cars for a millisecond and then look at mine; you are full of it.

I come back because of the many friends that I still speak to on here and meet up with on occasion that didn't get traded in with the vehicle. :top: Ive made some life long friends on this forum, the car I drive wont change that.

The body kit analogy is to put the truck into perspective because there honestly isn't a whole lot of drastic differences between the XR and 2WD Tacoma brethren. If you don't understand that entire concept I am sorry to say that's unfortunate. When you got your truck there was a badge on the back of it that said "TACOMA" right? It is a TACOMA X-RUNNER right?

There are more differences between a 4.6L and 5.0L Mustang then a pre-runner vs. X-Runner lol.

I love both vehicles and don't look down upon either one like you so easily do (look at your attitude from the get go towards stangs).

If you are butt hurt that the stang is a better choice for this gentleman if he wants ass raping power on the affordable side im sorry but the truth hurts. That doesn't mean im putting the XR down; that just is what it is dude - get real.

I had a ton of money invested in my truck and it was very quick for what it was; but a boosted 5.0 or worked up Cobra, or any other purposely designed go fast vehicle is definitely the better choice with the goal of all out performance that wont destroy your bank account in mind.

That was the OP's question wasn't it?

I am sorry but an X brace isn't going to make the cobra any less of a car for the OP.

You are lying to yourself and to him if you think or say otherwise.

Lets stick with the facts and drop the anger towards the mustangs and any other vehicle that threatens your X-Runner superiority syndrome.

I still own a 2011 Tacoma by the way :-D, my hate must be real strong to own one.

That's as real as it gets man,true shit

Top Bottom