Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kenne bell s/c mustang gt or keep the X?

KEEP THE X OR GET THE S/C MUSTANG?

• Keep the x runner

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Get the s/c mustang

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
If you can afford to keep the XR, keep it and build a street car. I ditched my X because I really couldn't afford to keep it, build it and get married at the same time and keeping it just wasn't financially logical all around. Otherwise, I might have kept it, atleast for a while longer.

For a fraction of the price of that Stang/Cobra, you can build a fox body and go even faster, for less money and have something thats not as common. I did my research, found which years/models were best for what I wanted. The 89' comes with forged internals, MAF metered not speed denisty, it's a full roller motor which revs high and quick, the ultra smooth Tremec T-5, 8.5" posi rear end, and a 4 link rear suspension set up. All that is stuff that most people pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to ADD to their setup, that can be had bone stock in these cars. Oh, and the LX weighs a whopping 3150 lbs...

I hunted for a couple months before finding a clean 89' LX hatch that hadn't been beaten or overmodded, with working a/c, heat and even cruise control. Dude wanted $3500 and I butchered him down to $2800. Took it straight to the track and ran 13.9 @ 102 mph, launching like an old lady in a stock motored $2800 car. Hope to hit the track agian very soon and see what it can do now.

People that don't know about these cars, just assume it's some crappy 80's beater. Little do they know, they're the greatest foudation there is, with an incredible aftermarket and you can still maintain that element of surprise we all love so much about the X-runner. If you're serious about going fast and don't have a huge wallet, craigslist is just a click a way buddy...

dun.jpg

fifty022.jpg

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Im guessin after all this and some u have a stang. Could u post a pic i would like to see it. Thanks.

Sure here is my POS, Ugly, Slow, car: :laugh:

5litermoose1.jpg

5litermoose2.jpg

5litermoose3.jpg

10ambient.jpg

cupholder.jpg

gaugesnight.jpg

coyoteengine2.jpg

whipple2.9crusher.jpg

If you can afford to keep the XR, keep it and build a street car. I ditched my X because I really couldn't afford to keep it, build it and get married at the same time and keeping it just wasn't financially logical all around. Otherwise, I might have kept it, atleast for a while longer.

For a fraction of the price of that Stang/Cobra, you can build a fox body and go even faster, for less money and have something thats not as common. I did my research, found which years/models were best for what I wanted. The 89' comes with forged internals, MAF metered not speed denisty, it's a full roller motor which revs high and quick, the ultra smooth Tremec T-5, 8.5" posi rear end, and a 4 link rear suspension set up. All that is stuff that most people pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to ADD to their setup, that can be had bone stock in these cars. Oh, and the LX weighs a whopping 3150 lbs...

I hunted for a couple months before finding a clean 89' LX hatch that hadn't been beaten or overmodded, with working a/c, heat and even cruise control. Dude wanted $3500 and I butchered him down to $2800. Took it straight to the track and ran 13.9 @ 102 mph, launching like an old lady in a stock motored $2800 car. Hope to hit the track agian very soon and see what it can do now.

People that don't know about these cars, just assume it's some crappy 80's beater. Little do they know, they're the greatest foudation there is, with an incredible aftermarket and you can still maintain that element of surprise we all love so much about the X-runner. If you're serious about going fast and don't have a huge wallet, craigslist is just a click a way buddy...

dun.jpg

fifty022.jpg

Hell Yes! :blurock:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
"Rocket"/turbo > Whipple. :eviltongue:

Workman3886

Reaction score
I wanna hump your mustangs face off...

That isn't weird is it?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Listen brah'; fastest ones ive seen yet are super tarded. :laugh:

Take her out to dinner and she might let you put it in her tail pipe. :-O

You don't even know what I am talking about.So :eviltongue:

Second post is funny shiz. Haha

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
No but i did take it for mutliple test drives since im a tech at my dealership soo i got to drive it alot hahaha

Nice lol; what dealership do you work at? :laugh: Not anywhere in the northeast right?

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Sure here is my POS, Ugly, Slow, car: :laugh:

5litermoose1.jpg

5litermoose2.jpg

5litermoose3.jpg

10ambient.jpg

cupholder.jpg

gaugesnight.jpg

coyoteengine2.jpg

whipple2.9crusher.jpg

Hell Yes! :blurock:

honestly dude you got the car so who cares what anyone thinks....
either way your gonna do what you want.

there is some good and bad things about your decision
1st. idk what youre still doing on the site if you dont own an x but thats not my beef.
2.when your stang fever goes away and you think S@#% i need a truck you'll be outta luck
3. once a tacoma or an X smoke your little pony its gonna be all baaaaaaaad.
4. have fun putting an extra 3500 lbs on the trunk of that...or towing...or moving big sutff....or anything else that a coupe sucks at your about to live it.

glad to hear youre happy tho.

FIX OR REPAIR DAILY :rockon:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
honestly dude you got the car so who cares what anyone thinks....
either way your gonna do what you want.

there is some good and bad things about your decision
1st. idk what youre still doing on the site if you dont own an x but thats not my beef.
2.when your stang fever goes away and you think S@#% i need a truck you'll be outta luck
3. once a tacoma or an X smoke your little pony its gonna be all baaaaaaaad.
4. have fun putting an extra 3500 lbs on the trunk of that...or towing...or moving big sutff....or anything else that a coupe sucks at your about to live it.

glad to hear youre happy tho.

FIX OR REPAIR DAILY :rockon:

1. Come back to mess around with friends on the forum (and apparently for the good debates :laugh:), makes the work day go by quicker.
2. I have a 2011 4x4 Tacoma, and a Jeep Wrangler, and two trailers (for hauling toys and BS)
3. lol so far they are barely at or over the speed of a stock 5.0 (no one has beat a stock 5.0 mustang 1/4 mile time yet), and if they get to the point of 'smoking' a moose - the little pony can make WAY more power and put it to the ground a lot easier and reliably on pump gas, low boost, with STOCK components DD. :laugh:
4. See #2 - and if I really cared about towing I wouldn't own a Tacoma for that purpose; we've got a 2500 cummins diesel for that kinda BS - cant haul an excavator with your XR can you? :-O
5. Aftermarket component support is massive, I am still deciding on what exhaust system I want. :laugh: Its unbelievably easy to put this car into the deep 10s with stock components & a little nitrous or boost. Build the engine like everyone on here is doing and your into the 9s and 8s with barely anymore money.

When I see 1GR, AY6 street driven XRs running deep 9s and 8s in the 1/4 I will eat my mustang car key haha.

Oh you didnt whip out the acronyms did you... Bastard guy. :laugh:

Tranny Often Yearning Over The Ages
Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto
The One You Ought To Avoid

I cant say much about Tacomas I owned an XR and still own a 4x4 access cab.

BOOM

Second post is funny shiz. Haha

Truth :smile:

Wish it was that easy in real life.

Last edited:

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
My gf is begging not to get rid of my x,its just, i drove that thang n i wish my x would throw me back in my seat like that lol

get a supercharger and you'll easily get thrown back in your seat

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
And BOOM goes the dynamite. Lol

Workman3886

Reaction score
Comparison between Mustangs and X-Runners are like walnuts and bananas, completely different yet both yummy. If both are put together, then you have a yummy muffin!

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Comparison between Mustangs and X–Runners are like walnuts and bananas, completely different yet both yummy. If both are put together, then you have a yummy muffin!

I like muffins.

Top Bottom