Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KETCHUP; blown motor

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Don't know what to say. I can say thanks to MANCHEX, I will get a motor and not have to pay him right away. Probably get it for pretty cheap.

So here is what happened that I know of. During install, I over heated the motor by having my fans off. Got to 220. Truck ran fine. Went out of town, etc. I got a 7th INJ from Justin. So me and Carlos decided to install it. Everything went fine. Let the truck run for 20 minutes or so. Then took it for a drive so we could get a data log for Gadget. At the end of our drive, we got clear road so we could get it up to WOT in 2nd and 3rd. Everything went well. As we aproached the turn around, Carlos slowed down to make the turn. When he did, the truck shut off and wouldn't start. After a bit, I was finally able to limp it back home.

Delt with Gadget for the last several days to find out what the issue was. Trying different loads, diag, etc. So Gadget decided to have me send him the X1 for him to check out. In the mean time, we changed the injectors back to stock and hooked up the URD cal that came with the SC. During this time, the engine started blowing oil in the intake, intercooler etc. Spent the last few days trying to find the problems. Cleaned it all up today.

The truck was running fine. Was just blowing off the oil. So I decided to take it for a little drive around the neighborhood. Everything was fine. The truck stopped smoking and it looked like it was just too much oil in the motor (LONG STORY). So on the way back to the house after taking off from a light, engine started sounding like crap. I drove it slow back to the house. Sounded like it lost a cylinder. When I opened the hood, this is what I saw.......

IMG00150-20100611-1159.jpg

...and the rest is history. I am so upset right now. I turn to my friends both local and XRU for the support yall have always given me. And for the record.....IF UR GOING TO HATE....STAY THE HELL OFF MY THREAD. Sorry, but I don't need any of that crap right now.

I am going to start pulling the motor out of Carlos's truck tomorrow. Got my GOOD friends to help. They are so supportive. I don't know what is in the future for KETCHUP. Right now, I just want to part out and sell, but I am sure I will come to my senses later on.

BTW, the builders of my house are fixing everything. No insurance claim. I guess that is one good thing that has happened in my life right now. I feel so down and out. ITs been a super rough year. Again, I can't thank those that have helped me thru my rough times enough. Thanks family, friends, and XRU. KETCHUP will hopefully be back up and running and killin Stangs before long. Thanks for reading...

BTW, this engine failure has absoultely nothing to do with my SC or URD. Just wanted to put that out there. I don't want people to fear this SC or URD. I was just a case of the engine being hurt by overheating and too much oil. My eff up, and nothing more. This SC combined with the X1 puts out some serious HP. Not as much as most of you have, but the truck pulled effin hard.

Last edited:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Let me know if you need any help yanking the motor ... I've got no plans for the weekend beyond painting the MX-6's bumpers ... and the bumpers can wait if need be ... :top:

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
damn bro, that sux...... glad to hear manchex is helping you out..... xru never ceases to amaze me with the loyalty to other members..... good luck buddy... :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
^^Thanks Kevin. We are going to start on Sat if I can find an engine hoist. You are more than welcome to come help. Your expertise would be more than helpful. thanks in advance......

damn bro, that sux...... glad to hear manchex is helping you out..... xru never ceases to amaze me with the loyalty to other members..... good luck buddy... :top:

thanks brotha. means a lot.....

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
Somethings suck & somethings don't suck so bad.

House is good news.

Truck is a bummer, but a bummer with an engine in sight.

On a scale of 1 ~ 10. Your Suckometer is about a 5.

I feel for you buddy!

qponde51

Reaction score
Im really sorry to hear this man. I hope all works out well and you get that new motor in and back on the street again. GL with everything and I hope things get better for you. Keep us posted on the new motor!

teamben158

Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear. I hope KETCHUP gets back on the road soon and better than ever!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
^^thanks Coupester.....that actually made me smile... :smile:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Text me details of when you plan to start and if I need to bring any tools or anything else ... :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
im sorry to hear this Keith, Russell and I were just talking this a few days ago, and unfortunately it became a reality :thumpdown:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
^^I will Kevin. See XRU, if any of you wonder why people like BC make top ride, this is why. He never questions lending a hand if needed. Been to every meet I have ever had. One of the coolest cats I have ever met. Thanks Kevin. Makes me feel so much better to get unquestioned support from my friends. Let me get the details down and I will hit u up on text. Again, thanks brotha....

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Damn Keith, that's awful news. I hope everything works out for you in the end bro, you know you got all of us if you need us. :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
im sorry to hear this Keith, Russell and I were just talking this a few days ago, and unfortunately it became a reality :thumpdown:

yea, I kinda though I hurt the motor when I over heated it and had it too full of oil. Guess I didn't want to think anything was wrong. Just wanted it to get better......and she blew up. Sucks, but I will hopefully get it back together soon. thanks brotha.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
sorry to hear about this keith...hopefully you guys can swap the engine over the weekend and get KETCHUP up and running again...

I'm glad to say I'm a part of a community of enthusiasts who are more then willing to help a fellow brethren out whether good or bad...:top: goes to show how many cool guys/girls are actually here...

if you need anything you know how to get a hold of me...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel bro. Twice over :/ It is a rough wave, but let me tell you. Stay focused on getting it back together, and waive off any nay-sayers. You can do it, and we'll all support you. Especially me in spirit.

You'll get that truck up and running, and you'll love it all over again!:top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
That sucks Keith:thumpdown:. Hopefully Gadget will figure out what happened and it's good to know that you already have a back up motor!

I had a leak that almost caused my motor to blow. The oil was coming from the bolt on the front of the engine block; the one you remove and then re-insert through the S/C bracket...apparently we didn't tighten it down enough. My engine started running like crap, so I had some techs here at work put it on the lift, and we saw that the oil had a steady drip that was leaking onto the belt and flinging it all over the engine bay. We lowered it down off the lift and checked the oil, it only had 1 1/2 quarts in it:ahhhhh:. Thankfully we caught mine in time before anything happened.

Doubt it's the same issue you had, but maybe something stupid like that could of caused something else to get screwed up:dontknow:...

Best of luck as always bro!!!

Text me details of when you plan to start and if I need to bring any tools or anything else ... :top:
^^I will Kevin. See XRU, if any of you wonder why people like BC make top ride, this is why. He never questions lending a hand if needed. Been to every meet I have ever had. One of the coolest cats I have ever met. Thanks Kevin. Makes me feel so much better to get unquestioned support from my friends. Let me get the details down and I will hit u up on text. Again, thanks brotha....

We all know Kevin just wants to go water his rocks again:laugh::biggrin:

Seriously, you guys are AWESOME when it comes to helping out fellow XRU brothers!!!

I <3 Blackcat

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
oh shiz that is a lot of oil! Picture didnt come through when you texted it to me

dang that sucks man. Im not sure what went wrong, but it definitely went WRONG big time there. Ouch:thumpdown:

Get well soon:smile:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
That sucks Keith:thumpdown:. Hopefully Gadget will figure out what happened and it's good to know that you already have a back up motor!

I had a leak that almost caused my motor to blow. The oil was coming from the bolt on the front of the engine block; the one you remove and then re-insert through the S/C bracket...apparently we didn't tighten it down enough. My engine started running like crap, so I had some techs here at work put it on the lift, and we saw that the oil had a steady drip that was leaking onto the belt and flinging it all over the engine bay. We lowered it down off the lift and checked the oil, it only had 1 1/2 quarts in it:ahhhhh:. Thankfully we caught mine in time before anything happened.

Doubt it's the same issue you had, but maybe something stupid like that could of caused something else to get screwed up:dontknow:...

Best of luck as always bro!!!

We all know Kevin just wants to go water his rocks again:laugh::biggrin:

Seriously, you guys are AWESOME when it comes to helping out fellow XRU brothers!!!

I <3 Blackcat

that may be true. we will let Kevin comment on that one. Thanks for the support David. Means so much brotha!

oh shiz that is a lot of oil! Picture didnt come through when you texted it to me

dang that sucks man. Im not sure what went wrong, but it definitely went WRONG big time there. Ouch:thumpdown:

Get well soon:smile:

Thanks Will. I am sure things can't get any worse. I am at the bottom and its time to dig myself out....

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom