Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KETCHUP; blown motor

Super Werty

Reaction score
hmm this isnt the picture I wanted......

02-16-08_2042.jpg

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Wow... I feel bad for you Keith. :frown:

I guess there's no other way to go from now then UP! :top:
Keep us posted!

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
how long did it run hot? 220 isnt incredibly hot for a very short period of time .

I think thats about where mine got when I had that huge air bubble in the coolant system when we put the blower on. doing the last power run, the engine gaurdian kicked in and thats what I looked at the SG and saw the temp up there. drove it home, I could here is burp the bubble out, topped the coolant off and its been golden ever since.

220 wont peg the needle into the red on the cluster. it hot, but not excessive. The X1 will kick in the engine gaudian at 220 and hold the RMS below 4000.

too much oil maybe.

what are the chances that it has too much oil and pushed it out of the crank case into the intake and foils all the plugs?

did something crack or break? I cant tell from the pics. I wouldnt blame it on a short overtemp.

keep us updated and good luck...

Justin

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Not long. Only thing that worries me is the guardian didn't kick in. Gadget should have the X1 today and can let me know if it went south. I think it was too much oil. Not bottom end failure. Runs, just sounds like crap. guess we will know more when we get things taken apart. Might not be as bad as I think. But the motor is still getting swapped out.

how long did it run hot? 220 isnt incredibly hot for a very short period of time .

I think thats about where mine got when I had that huge air bubble in the coolant system when we put the blower on. doing the last power run, the engine gaurdian kicked in and thats what I looked at the SG and saw the temp up there. drove it home, I could here is burp the bubble out, topped the coolant off and its been golden ever since.

220 wont peg the needle into the red on the cluster. it hot, but not excessive. The X1 will kick in the engine gaudian at 220 and hold the RMS below 4000.

too much oil maybe.

what are the chances that it has too much oil and pushed it out of the crank case into the intake and foils all the plugs?

did something crack or break? I cant tell from the pics. I wouldnt blame it on a short overtemp.

keep us updated and good luck...

Justin

yea, I remember that. Kevin u silly goose!!

This pic (from the EP mini meet photos thread). Someone made a comment in that thread that you were watering rocks, and I LOL'd...hence your nickname:laugh:

DSCF5037-7.jpg

**Back to Thread**

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your tough luck Keith. Wish you the best. And +1 for the XRU brothers coming together to get you back up and running.

But like Justin I'm curious what went. Let us know.

STONER-X

Reaction score
WOW :( i remember seeing the future mod MK in your sig.... when you get it bam... sorry to hear that its always a big slap in the face when something major fails ....

how many miles were on the motor when you put the sc on??

just remember...

if its not broken fix til it is... :top: you seem to be on the right path for success:top:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
This sucks to hear bro :ahhhhh:, hope you get her straightened out. whatever you need, we're here for you man :top:

off-road taco06

Reaction score
WOW, and i was just reading the thread where you got the S/C installed and your first kill with the S/C. Im sorry to hear that dude, thats really crappy.

Could too much oil cause something like this to happen or at least aid in it?

Very unfortunate but definitely not the end of everything. 'Life' happens sometimes and you just got to pick up whats left and keep moving. I really feel for you dude, good luck and i hope all works out for you!

nine9six

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. My heart dropped when I saw this thread. :frown:

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you only the best. :top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Not long. Only thing that worries me is the guardian didn't kick in. Gadget should have the X1 today and can let me know if it went south. I think it was too much oil. Not bottom end failure. Runs, just sounds like crap. guess we will know more when we get things taken apart. Might not be as bad as I think. But the motor is still getting swapped out.

yea, I remember that. Kevin u silly goose!!

I think I would start with draining the oil, swapping the plugs, and refilling it properly and let it run for a bit and see how that goes. if it coated the cylinders with oil and foiled the plugs, new plug may let it clean itself out. might smoke a bit until. I think the overtemp would give you a head gasket problem before anything else.

Is ther coolant in the oil or vise versa?

if there it too much oil, it has to come out somewhere.

but it you wont ever feel comfortable with it again, swap the motor I guess. But thats no fun task, so I would try some other things first

Justin

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
hoping everything get situated out...i feel for you bro...

SX TOY

Reaction score
super sucky I wish I was close enough to help out. hope you get Ketchup up and running soon.

Generation-X

Reaction score
Holy shiat batman. Totally didnt expect this one at all. Dude that sucks majorly but im thankful you have a backup and good buddies!

trd_sport

Reaction score
No bueno:thumpdown: Ive overheated mine much more than 220 and my x1 guardian didnt kick in. I guess cuz i was in overdrive and it didnt work. Do you have an upgraded fuel pump?

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man! So sorry to hear the bad news. I hope everything works out. Hopefully, Gadget can tell what went wrong. Keep your head up brother.

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
I'm so sorry bro !!! good luck with everything I'm sure it will come out more badass in the long run !

Top Bottom