Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Methanol injection?

ntinhri

Reaction score
So can anyone who is running methanol tell me or show me where they put the nozzle? I already have mounted the bottle and pump from my Snow Performance Methanol injection. Just need to know where to drill the hole for the injectors.

Im not running it but Im watching this thread..

TNguyen

Reaction score
So I have finally finished the installation of the Methanol kit this weekend. Overall it wasn't that bad. Tacoma has a lot of room in the engine's compartment. I found a place to install the nozzle but then I didn't have much of a choice. The plastic intake was a little thin but it held and sealed pretty good. Here are some pictures for future references.

First pic is where I installed the nozzle.

P1020632.jpg

Second and Third pics are where the reservoir and pump installed.

P1020633.jpg

P1020634.jpg

Fourth pic is the light indicator to tell me if the pump is working.

P1020631.jpg

Last pic is the controller located in the glove compartment. I had room in the engine's compartment however I was a little concern the heat will take its toll on the controller even though Snow Performance said it was made to withstand the heat.

P1020635.jpg

rexrunner

Reaction score
which nozzle are you using? 6 gph?
what pressure pump is that?
what are your settings for when it begins to spray?
what % METHANOL?
are you worried about the methanol corroding the sc impellers?

VERY INTERESTED :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
what % METHANOL?

mee tooooooo

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Would be cool to use the windshield washer fluid tank as your reservoir...

TNguyen

Reaction score
what % METHANOL?

Right now I have the 375 ml/min nozzle. I might go down to 225 ml/min but will do couple of dyno runs just to see where I am at. The pump is a 150 psi pump. I got the controller to start around 3k rpm and progressively up to full at red line. Right now I am running around 30% percent methanol window washer fluid with HEET additive. Can't really find high concentration of Methanol Washer fluid around here in the South. Heard it was only available up north to prevent from freezing up. So I will eventually make my own. I really would like to run around 80% Methanol concentration. In the past I have been running 100% Methanol but I couldn't find any shop that is open this weekend.

This is my 3rd methanol kit. Never have a problem running it. The mist is so fine and the heat involved, there isn't really any condensation left on the blade or intake.

Anyways, the whole purpose of me running Methanol injection is PRIMARILY because I run a higher boost with the URD pulley. With Toyota flash, I know it would run lean.

Top Bottom