Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEX BBK?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Interesting. Never seen them before. But it gives us another option if it indeed fits the X

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
man can you imagine the tires you could torch with those

Venomous_X

Reaction score
380mm seems awfully huge for a stock wheel, may work on a 22" lol.....355's are very tight on the stockers VIA XDSM's pics if I do recall...

Amarillo X

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking...one rock getting hung up in there would tear something up more than likely the rim. Better stick with 355's.:top:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I would'nt spend my money on them. The first thing that raises a flag is the fact that it says for 2004+. Might be a simple mistake or just some joe schmoe trying to sell a product to anyone and everybody.

firesquare16

Reaction score
brakes that can stop the earth's rotation! they are rather large in size.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Look this is all you need Cuz ! And this kit is less money and has a warranty!!:top:

rr.jpg

rr1.jpg

Grumpy

Reaction score
One, never heard of this brand. What kind of credibility does the company have? Do they participate in motorsport where the product is put to a real-world test?

Two, all their BBK have the same picture. Are all their product just one generic kit with different mounting bracket? Would master cylinder be able to support it? How about brake balance?

Three, like Yardie said. They didn't even get the year right, make you wonder what else they got wrong.

When it comes to important things like this, I'd stick with the try & true.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Look this is all you need Cuz ! And this kit is less money and has a warranty!!:top:

View attachment 9577

View attachment 9578

That's what I currently have :top:

Guys take it easy! I just saw them on ebay and posted here on the forum, lol. No need to get you're panties in a wad. I sent them a message, just calm down folks and I will post their reply when I get it.

Last edited:

TRD-X

Reaction score
That's what I currently have :top:

Guys take it easy! I just saw them on ebay and posted here on the forum, lol. No need to get you're panties in a wad. I sent them a message, just calm down folks and I will post their reply when I get it.

So you didn't think we were going to run on this one Cuz!!:rockon:

zrgray

Reaction score
Those things are freeking pricey :thumpdown:

BlackCat

Reaction score
One, never heard of this brand. What kind of credibility does the company have? Do they participate in motorsport where the product is put to a real-world test?

That's a very good question. Seems kind of odd that a relative no-name brand in aftermarket brakes would all of a sudden be jumping out there with an entirely off-the-shelf large 6/8piston caliper and floating rotor kit. I'd figure a newcomer to the business would start off selling aftermarket rotors or rebuilt OEM calipers or large rotor retrofit kits with OEM-ish calipers.

I honestly have to wonder if this company either is a con or / is selling other company's parts rebadged as their own or / is a real company but in an obscure market that we're not familiar with (say, Russia or China)

Two, all their BBK have the same picture. Are all their product just one generic kit with different mounting bracket? Would master cylinder be able to support it? How about brake balance?

Technically speaking, even the Stoptech BBK's are all the same. They only have three different caliper sets (ST-40, ST-45, ST-60), they just have different piston sizes to accomodate different vehicle requirements.

As for the master cylinder, good question. But, that's also a function of piston sizing.

And as for brake balance, your guess is as good as mine.

However, one thing nobody has touched on yet is ABS - How do these brakes function with the Toyota ABS system. I see steel braided lines which help, but hopefully the piston seals are up to the task.

Last edited:

TRD-X

Reaction score
Stopteck or TRD BBK which do you like?? Lets see what I get on this one.:top:

BlackCat

Reaction score
I did a quick Google search on "NEX brakes" and found this site, I'm not even sure that this is the same company that sells these brakes. The site reads like a Chinese-made web site with marginal English and amatuerish graphics.

BE WARNED, my internet security suite flagged this site as having potential security threats on it. I did not go anywhere on the site other than the title page for that reason. Browse at your own risk !

http://www.nex-performance.com/

TRD-X

Reaction score
Lame company! So why don't people just buy the stuff we know is good???:dontknow:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Lame company! So why don't people just buy the stuff we know is good???:dontknow:

For the adrenaline rush of not knowing what you're getting and not knowing if it's gonna work the first time you use it :rockon:

Top Bottom