Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEX BBK?

blastap

Reaction score
all this brake talk makes me feel inadequate ^^^^No BBK in that mod list!

TRD-X

Reaction score
So it dose.:hmmmm2:BBk did that to ya Cuz?:laugh::laugh:

rexrunner

Reaction score
nothing wrong with a new company? If people alwaya felt that way, then small great companies would never succeed.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
nothing wrong with a new company? If people alwaya felt that way, then small great companies would never succeed.

This is true sir. But as a company you can't use customers lives as R&D

or can you :biggrin:

TRD-X

Reaction score
Me no be the test dummy!:thumpdown:Get good BBK I will.:adore:TRD/BBK:adore:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I just think that they should have some kind of R&D article or a test article to help them sell it. The fact that they are made in Taiwan just makes it less appealing :thumpdown:

rexrunner

Reaction score
I am willing to bet its a universal caliper, and we might need to make brackets

blastap

Reaction score
I just think that they should have some kind of R&D article or a test article to help them sell it. The fact that they are made in Taiwan just makes it less appealing :thumpdown:

you can also make junk on U.S. soil as well though. so more info would be a selling point.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
just to let you guys know, they make aerospace parts for rockets as well. They are an older company. And they have been in the motorcycle brake business for a while. I'm still waiting on his write up, but from some of the things he was telling me, they have a very well designed caliper.

I am willing to bet its a universal caliper, and we might need to make brackets

It comes with brackets. All BBK's are basically universal calipers. We (TRD BBK) is a Porsche caliper. And stoptech only has a handful of calipers they use in all of there kits, from what i understand. Right? lol

Last edited:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
you can also make junk on U.S. soil as well though. so more info would be a selling point.

Dammit Ryan :laugh:, you know what I mean. Don't make me call Nate and have him do durty things to you

Again

TRD-X

Reaction score
Then go get that!! Show me some R&D Cuz and then we will have some parts to talk about.:top:Brakes are something you don't play with.:rolleyez:

XDsm

Reaction score
We (TRD BBK) is a Porsche caliper. And stoptech only has a handful of calipers they use in all of there kits, from what i understand. Right? lol

The caliper Stoptech uses is similar to Porsche calipers in the fact it can use the same brake pads as some Porsches but the caliper is Stoptech's own design. Their designation is ST-40 for the 4 piston caliper. They use a bolt on bridge to stiffen up the caliper which IIRC they have a design patent on. The difference they change, is as you said, is the piston diameters for the different applications. This helps keep the front/rear balance near factory specs using the stock brake booster and proportioning valve. Stoptech does also make a 6 piston caliper.

Another concern when looking at a BBK is which pads does the kit use? Also how easily are replacement parts available? The biggest gripe about the Rotora kit was that it used a odd sized brake pad where there was little selection. Stoptech uses a pad that is more common so you get more selection on pads you can run.

I won't knock a company for being new, however that being said some results would speak wonders. If they are established and known I am sure there are many articles or tests they can provide that show how well the brakes do perform. I'm interested to see how these brakes do perform as it would be nice to have another option. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a kit though without something reliable showing how it performs. I rather pay the extra cash for something that has been tested and has some notches on its belt but that's IMO

SooRunner

Reaction score
I've heard of nex...but if your going to spend that much on a nex product, I would go with stoptech because they have been around for a while, while nex is a new company trying to put its name out there.

Stoptech and brembo is what I would stick to. I don't even know about the Rotora brake kits.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Hi Payam,

The nex calipers are a forged 2 piece design. The caliper utilizes different size pistons to ensure even pad wear on the leading and trailing edge. The rotors are a floating design and incorporates a forged aluminum rotor hat and replaceable discs. The kit will come with dot stainsteel brake lines and flame cut, heat treated steel caliper brackets. The brake kit comes standard with a street compound pad.

Please contact me with any additonal questions you may have.

--
Thank you,
Ritchie L.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
From another website:
http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/nex-big-brake-kits.asp

NEX and Pro Street Online team up to bring you a great combination of price and performance in these NEX Big Brake kits! These 2 piece floating rotors are slotted and vented and mounted onto a CNC aluminum hat. They are designed to prevent warping caused by aggressive braking and with superior heat dissapation characteristics. These are available in 4 and 6 piston configurations, and come complete with all hardware to bolt these massive brakes onto your vehicle. Each kit comes complete with stainless steel braided lines to provide maximum hydraulic pressure to each caliper and brake rotor, while providing superior feedback to the driver and pedal. These NEX brake kits come with street compound pads that have an operating temperature of 50-650 deg C which is ideal for street use. There is an optional race pad available for this big brake kit but is not recommended for street use. These steel caliper adapters are manufactured from high grade rolled steel and tempered and treated for strength and rigidity

I found this on a forum:
http://www.infinitiscene.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1609

Nex Big Brakes
Hello,

Nex is a Taiwanese company as I live in Taiwan and know them pretty well. The quality of Nex is not as good as JBT which is the same company as Rotora in America. I recently put on 6 & 4 piston calipers with both 380mm drilled rotors which are awesome.

Go for JBT...They are awesome.

They make bicycle parts too, lol.

Last edited:

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
here is another email from them:

The factory employs a full time brake systems engineer. The factory is state of the art with multiple multi-axis cnc machines and 2 forging presses in house. The factory produces high quality forged aluminum parts for the automotive industry, motorcycle industry, high end bike components, etc. Replacement cost for the rotors would cost in the range of $500-$600 a pair depending on the thickness and diameter.

We are always open to bulk buys with additional discounts.

Ritchie L.

Top Bottom