Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No Start WTF???

Tunedx

Reaction score
I just finished installing urd fuel pump and truck won't start. Truck had barely any fuel in the tank, when we bled the fuel system c/opn relay was removed and cranked the truck over while jacked up it wouldn't even fire up so we figured it was bled. The install was done as directed but the c/opn relay wasn't installed in the orginial spot and still no go. I poured more fuel in the tank and tried again and still nothing. Checked fuse box and realized the relay wasn't in the right spot so I tried a third time and still the truck won't start. I hear the fuel pump turn on after I try cranking the engine over, not sure if the relay is pooched or does the fuel pump need to be primed?

Tunedx

Reaction score
Swapped horn and c/opn relay and checked out fine.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Did you hook up the fuel lines :dontknow:

I'd call Gadget and see if he can help you out. He's seen it all before, and can probably point you right where you need to be looking.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
After relay there is also a 20amp fuse you need to check. If they are both good and you hear the fuel pump coming on then check crank position trigger.

Tunedx

Reaction score
Talked w Gadget and determined that the high and low pressure fuel lines fed from the tank had to be swapped. Truck runs good but I have check engine light and loss of power around 2500 rpm.

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Hey if you had the torque app. For a droid phone....if you have 1 or a ipod phone...u can use the kiwi bluetooth DLC connect device you could clear the chk eng light your self... But i would write down the code # on paper just incase you needed it to take the Tacoma to a dealer if you had problems...if that code never reset after clearing!

Rob

Tunedx

Reaction score
Did scan on the x today, noticed the truck bogs on the first start and starts on second try. Not sure if both sensors are pooched or one is faulting the other.

Codes

P0031 Oxygen A/F Sensor Heater Control Bank 1, Sensor 1
P0037 Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Bank 1, Sensor 2

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Are your sensors unplugged for some reason, on he passenger side?

Tunedx

Reaction score
Are your sensors unplugged for some reason, on he passenger side?

Never unplugged anything. I looked under the hood and everything is plugged in.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
You said you were jacking around plugging and unplugging relays in the engine compartment fuse box.

One of those relays powers the heater circuits for the front sensors. I would look there for your problem.

G

Tunedx

Reaction score
You said you were jacking around plugging and unplugging relays in the engine compartment fuse box.

One of those relays powers the heater circuits for the front sensors. I would look there for your problem.

G

Do u know which relay it is Gadget? Is it A/F heater or heater relay? Also there is 50a heater relay?

Tunedx

Reaction score
Thks guys I'm going to disconnect the battery and swap the horn and a/f heater relay.

Tunedx

Reaction score
A/F heater relay checked out fine. Anyone know how to check o2 and warf sensor with a meter to see if they are pooched?

Top Bottom