Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No Start WTF???

butters607

Reaction score
I really wanna avoid reinstalling factory pump. Is there any other ways of bench testing the walbro or verify this one is not faulty?

Yea pull the line at the filter and turn the key on maybe.

Tunedx

Reaction score
Guys truck runs now so disregard the no start condition. I had the high and low pressure fuel lines coming from the tank backwards. So on to my next problem truck is running in limp mode. When I fire the truck up the first time it bogs and starts on the second shot and throughs a check engine light. I did notice after hooking up the scan gauge today I get a P0102 code. This condition is something going on with the maf sensor. I cleaned it and just waiting for it to air dry but I would like to check the resistance so see if its cooked.

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
i dont see why the sensor would be bad....
i still have a feeling there is something inside the tank that is wrong... i dont think the pump is bad this is what i think..

pinched fuel line
loose fuel line
bad connection to pump at connector or bad crimp job..

if you look at a fuel system it is basic... pump, lines, return
if there was nothing wrong with the system before all of the electrical should be fine...
only the tank was messed with... so anythig from the tank lines to the motor should be fine...

with that said the only thing messed with is the pump and a few lines... please open the tank and look in there already :smile:

Tunedx

Reaction score
Someone is jacking around w my truck. Checked to see if I have voltage on pin 1 (blue white strip wire) of maf connector and nothing. I figured a cold solder my be causing a short in the line when I had the urd intake extension wires. Used a pin to tap the wire and still got no voltage. Next place I looked was the fuse box to verfiy efi 2 fuse checked out fine. Long behold there was no 10a fuse installed in that slot. Installed fuse, truck fired up first shot and cleared the check engine light. Strange part about it is the truck was running like this for long period of time and never went in limp mode. I did notice unstable idle. APR X1 was installed Apr 2011. Truck was @ the dealer in May 2011 for brake bleed and Sept 2011 for new tranny. Not sure if I recall when but I began having issues like taking longer to crank over, unstable idle and 4th gear bog. I figured it was typical x1 cliches. Maybe my problem all leads back to not have the efi 2 fuse installed. This remains a mystery who pulled this fuse and why?? Maybe Cory (hottacox) was playing a practical joke.. U got me good bro!!

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
so it runs fine now? no more bogging

lol they someone you good

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha nice try brah! I admit in the op for te thread it was my mistake puttting the c/o fuse in the wrong spot but at least it was a blank spot and no harm....

Glad you got er going, now time to do mine:top:

Tunedx

Reaction score
Runs strong now! No codes and starts first shot, will continue to monitor the unstable idle and bog issue.

THKS guys for your help!!

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
Haha nice try brah! I admit in the op for te thread it was my mistake puttting the c/o fuse in the wrong spot but at least it was a blank spot and no harm....

Pick a date and I'm in. Need to clear that tbi mod list to nil!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Make sure you don't cross the fuel lines. I hear it runs like poo... :rolleyez:

Glad you finally got it all squared away TunedX. Good learning experience for sure. Do you still have any bogging issues now? Or idle for that matter?

Tunedx

Reaction score

Glad you finally got it all squared away TunedX. Good learning experience for sure. Do you still have any bogging issues now? Or idle for that matter?

Haven't really driven the truck long enough to determine idling issue but will keep u posted hopefully its gone. If it not pressure test will be done to see if I have leaky injector or possibly need to have the injectors flow tested and cleaned. As for the bogging issue haven't had it since the x1 was ditched.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Guess you should change your mod list and Sig then huh? Lol

EMS Guy

Reaction score
So it was install related........Glad to hear it's solved.

Tunedx

Reaction score

Weird thing is truck seemed to idle smooth but now it has come back but doen't happen all the time. What could my issue be. Leaky injector???

butters607

Reaction score
Well you can spray your injectors with carb cleaner and find out I find one of mine leaking a while back that way

Tunedx

Reaction score
Well you can spray your injectors with carb cleaner and find out I find one of mine leaking a while back that way

I do recall one of the injectors were not seated properly when I removed the fuel rail for the cam gear install. Not sure if I damaged the o-ring or not. Please elaborate on how u check for leaks using carb cleaner??

Murderface

Reaction score
With the engine running spray carb cleaner to each injector one at a time. When the engine fires on all cylinders u will find which injector has the leak

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
To add to what the two before me mentioned, the most likely area for a leak will be at the insulators. Where the bottom of the Injector goes into the aluminum lower plenum.

If the O-ring was leaking, you would be smelling fuel and dripping it. So we can rule that out.

Spray your carbon cleaner around each of the bottom of each injector while idling, and if the revs change in any manner specifically due to your spray, then you have an insulator problem.

It is either that, or something with the X-1. Mine always had an idle fluctuation that would come and go.

Tunedx

Reaction score
Lower intake plenum was also removed so there may be vacuum leak there. Any chance that gasket can be reused because I never replaced it. Also can brake cleaner be used instead? I sold the x1 so we can rule that out.

Top Bottom