Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

P0606 trouble code

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
My CEL came on today and the code i got was P0606 ECM/PCM Processor
anyone know why i could be getting this code. I tried resetting it but it comes right back on.
I'm guessing it could have somthing to do with the wiring spliced in for my supercharger but that has been on for about 9k miles with no problems. I checked the wireing quickly and didn't see any problems but its snowing and i don't have a garage so i really didn't look that closely. any ideas would be appreciated.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
According to TIS that code is for the ECM and the circuit is for the throttle control (throttle motor and pedal sensor) it is the ECM self check of the drive by wire system, looking at the repair manual you will have to have a scan tool to read the data you have and it's kind of vague but it shows to lead to the ECM itself(internal ECM error), have you by any chance checked the wiring to your throttle body motor, if you do find anything you will have to disconnect the battery for about 3 to 4 minutes and reset the memory and sometimes you will have to use a scan tool to clear the code but depending on this code I am not sure. More than likely the ECU will have to be replaced from what I've read. Let me know because I have not yet run into this.

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i have a scan guage in my truck so i can check and reset the codes anytime. as for checking the wiring to the throttle body motor I haven't. I will have to wait for it to stop snowing to check anything out.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
i have a scan guage in my truck so i can check and reset the codes anytime. as for checking the wiring to the throttle body motor I haven't. I will have to wait for it to stop snowing to check anything out.
For the Hell of it try and disconnect to battery for a few minutes and see what happens, because this will hold memory and make the ECM go into fail safe mode. Do you notice any running problems such as throttle response, etc. ?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I just went out and was able to reset the codes and it stayed off.
Haven't noticed anything differant as far as the driveability and throttle response and so forth, but I also am driving like an old lady because the roads are covered in slush and any throttle gets the ass end loose.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
I just went out and was able to reset the codes and it stayed off.
Haven't noticed anything differant as far as the driveability and throttle response and so forth, but I also am driving like an old lady because the roads are covered in slush and any throttle gets the ass end loose.
Keep us informed on how it does :top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
update on the p0606 code

went to the quarter wash today and when I was heading out my truck hesitated and jerked while I was accelerating checked the codes and It was the P0606 code that i had gotten before. :motz:
If i remeber correctly we had a real good rain the last time it through the code. I am guessing that water is getting in somewhere and making it throw the code. anyone know where i should start looking to track down the problem

thanks

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
went to the quarter wash today and when I was heading out my truck hesitated and jerked while I was accelerating checked the codes and It was the P0606 code that i had gotten before. :motz:
If i remeber correctly we had a real good rain the last time it through the code. I am guessing that water is getting in somewhere and making it throw the code. anyone know where i should start looking to track down the problem

thanks
Let me check but I think there is a TSB for water leaking into the cowl area? I will let you know. Questions: did you by chance have the windshield replaced?

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
There is a TSB that came out March 17, 2005 for a front cowl leak and showed signs of water in the front floor board, either side, it is covered for 3 years or 36 K miles so if you are under that I would take to a dealership for repairs. Like I stated before the 600 codes are ECM problems (internal) but if you are getting water into the wire connections or ECM itself this could also cause this code, one more thing is that if water has gotten into the ECM than it will only be a matter of time before it will completely fail due to corrosion, in that case the ECM and water leak will have to be repaired

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I have never had the windshield replaced and i will look into the TSB
thanks

Jonathan

Reaction score
i dont think its going to be water related. the throttle body motor is incased in silicon, and the wires run through the firewall to the throttle pedal and computer. water shouldnt be in there unless you drive it in a lake. this is the first case of this happening that i can recall. hopefully the charger isnt at fault/will keep toyota from warranty;ing it.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
All of these codes are internal ECM logic codes, which are are 1 trip detection, P0604, P0606, P0607 and P0657, for repair this requires the replacement of the ECU itself and this circuit is for the throttle control to the engine

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
well guys the lovely p0606 code has returned. I had toyota replace the ecm a few weeks ago...they gave me no hassle at all because of having the supercharger installed.
It was raining all day today and when I left work it threw the same p0606 code as before. it seems to appear mostly when it is wet for long periods of time.
anyone know the pin location for the throttle motor sensor, or anything else to do with the throttle motor itself? I have checked all the wiring at the ecm and it looks good, but there are alot of wires. knowing the location might narrow it down.
or if anybody has any ideas on how to fix this or what to check for let me know. I really want this fixed.

Xample

Reaction score
wow man good luck i hope i don't get this prob as well..

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
wow man good luck i hope i don't get this prob as well..

i haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, and it didn't appear until I had the supercharger on for over 9k miles.
the truck seems to run exactly the same when it happens and I can reset it after a few miles of driving and it doesn't come back on. :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
I have plenty more than 9k miles on my setup, i've never seen that code..

j98gst

Reaction score
It just happened to me.. I got the p0606 code today. I just have headers and trd intake. I also have the scan gauge too.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
It just happened to me.. I got the p0606 code today. I just have headers and trd intake. I also have the scan gauge too.

was it raining or was your truck wet? or were you just driving around like normal?

Top Bottom