Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

P0606 trouble code

j98gst

Reaction score
Just driving around... Although i did the Coolant bypass mod, but i dont think that is it... :dontknow:

Xacto

Reaction score
i just threw this code two days ago. •XR•XR•XR•XRin hell man it's been dry for months!

SWB X

Reaction score
just threw mine as well. What the FK is going on with this crap.....
any suggestions.

never had this until i installed the headers.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
ECM/PCM Processor (internal malfunction) Code sheet attached

Attachments

• #1 001.jpg
    #1 001.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 309

4VsX

Reaction score
Hmm, Ive worked on cars for many years now. and over the years ive never seen a toyota computer fail. The only time that I did see a Toyota computer fail was due to mischief by the owner. (Boosted it incorrectly). The car would jerk, fishbite, and hunt in idle. Within 40 mins it was solved due to the intake temp reading -540 C. Garbage in garbage out! Put one in and it ran fine. Now if we owned Gms Id say the comp is at fault. Countless times many bcms ecms, pcms, have been changed. This code is new to me as well. There would be a way to figure out if the throttle responce is good. I Just dont have the wiring for the 06-08 xrunners. My mitchell on demand is not updated.
Depending on the kind of setup it may read on voltage. Most cars are 0-5 volts with the snap of the throttle. A voltmeter can check this, but DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS. I do not have a wiring digram and I would need to see what the Pcm needs for input and what it output's.
May be an on off signal (DC) or a sin wave(AC) I really dont know. You can lab scope those signals to see if there within specifcations.
s/chargedxrunner do you got any wiring diagrams that you would be able to show?
For all you know this may be a broken wire (contact no contact contact) so you would have to check continuity. Or resistance in the wire.
The computer may be at fault but I really doubt it just because we drive a Toyota.

4VsX

Reaction score
Im off 2 work now anywaz, Ive got mitchell on demand updated there, Ill see if I got anything on it! Hopefully it can be solved quickly.
:top:

reckless-x

Reaction score
i know this is a really old thread but i just got the p0606 code on my truck and yes it was from the headers, i went onto toyota nation forum and a guy with the fj had the same problem when putting on the headers he said he put the silmulator on and it fixed his problem im not sure if i am gonna have that luck too but im gonna buy the simulator and then hopefully that code goes away. i also read that there has to be 2 600 codes for toyota to replace the ecm and usually that one code just means someone messed up somewhere and im guessin its because the o2 are reading wrong and trying to make up for the emissions in the throttle. well just my 2cents but im gonna get that thing.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I threw the code before I put on the long tube headers. Toyota replaced my ECM once already, no questions asked. even after they saw all the wires I had spliced into it :top:
but I still get the code everytime my truck gets wet. A couple secs in the car wash today and Bam theres the good old P0606. Doesn't seem to affect the drivability of the truck its just somthing I wish I could get solved :dontknow:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Check and make sure your 02 sensors are firmly pressed together, you should hear a click....doesnt make sense that the headers did this....it sounds more like its in the wiring somewhere. My .02

edit: I also remember hearing about some trucks having moisture problems inside the cab next to the computer around the kickpanel.....you guys may want to check into that.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
it sounds more like its in the wiring somewhere. My .02.
thats what I thought so I completely redid all my wiring. at the computer and also at the maf sensor that I had lengthened made sure all my splices were good and water tight

edit: I also remember hearing about some trucks having moisture problems inside the cab next to the computer around the kickpanel.....you guys may want to check into that.

thats what I was checking for today, but didn't see anything, I am going to take it into toyota to check into the front cowl leak tsb. there is water getting into wiring somewhere I am sure of that. Just need to find where

Xacto

Reaction score
those of us with scangauges know that the TPS (Throttle position) is always at around 15 or whatever even at idle...Maybe installing the headers fuggered up the standard throttle position?

X-Runnin

Reaction score
well, my P0606 light came on today... just so everyone knows :top: didn't change anything except the cel came on. I cleared it and it has stayed gone for now at least.

Xacto

Reaction score
two questions: has anyone gotten any news on a fix for this? and two: how many of you guys with this problem have an intake or more importantly a throttle body spacer?

megabitez

Reaction score
i had gotten that error when i installed the URD o2 sim...It comes with those quick connect connectors. So u can uninstall easy anyway mine had came lose and i had the same problem. The p0606 CEL and when i gave it gas it was stalling out. just make sure all these pins are connected correctly:
plug e pin1
plug a pin28
plug a pin 18
plug b pin 33
those are the 1's for the o2 simulator.

rexrunner

Reaction score
throwing the famous p0606 now! truck runs fine, idles perfect and so on. Ive had it once before but it went away after like an hour or so. anyone know the fix yet......

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
throwing the famous p0606 now! truck runs fine, idles perfect and so on. Ive had it once before but it went away after like an hour or so. anyone know the fix yet......

i bought and installed the MKII kit and mine went away for good. Mine would only come on when the truck got wet. And never once affected the way it drove. The only difference I could think of is that the intake is no longer out front getting wet, or the X-1 is over riding the code :dontknow:.

TRD_Prado

Reaction score
i had the code when i removed the X1 for an update, and put back the OEM ECU after cruising at 50MPH , cleared the code couple times and now its gone , waiting to get my X1 back and see if it will ever come again !!

Top Bottom