Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Port N Polish TRD Blower

Murderface

Reaction score
Mark not sure if ur talkin bout my post but an A2A aftercooler allows the Auzzies to run up to 20psi on an Eaton M-90 blower and drop the Charge temps some 180*C:top: kit looks like its around $1700 but if ur running hi boost like Spqrky will be again this may be something for him to look into if E85 wont cool it enough.

Jap

Reaction score
Here is another place.
http://www.v6performance.com.au/TRD-Supercharged-s/41.htm

If they say that have an A2A plate kit to suit, they are full of shit.
Anything can be modified to fit, shit, I could put a V10 viper engine in my letterbox if I wanted to.

I think W2A is where its at, just have to make what we have more efficient or modify it to do so.

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
I thought you were mark too. For 1700+$ I can run Meth for a lot cheaper. And it looks like too many bends 3 90*'s out of it and 3 90*'s back in. But I wasn't pinging or knocking but we'll see what happens at 11.5 afr and a full pull. But the 7th was at 50% and keeping her cool but I'm sure that fuel was atomized as all get out. But also the x1. Can control another I injector into the 7th with alcohol or methanol. So I still have options before that crazy looking thing.

But maybe with this I can do 21psi out of my Eaton. Hehe

Last edited:

SX TOY

Reaction score
nos will help cool your intake temps.......just sayin:rock:

Gutz

Reaction score
Will any of this SC porting require any tuning? Say I get my SC ported, I take it I should get my truck tuned???

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Will any of this SC porting require any tuning? Say I get my SC ported, I take it I should get my truck tuned???

absolutely. You will be flowing much more air that will require much more fuel. Bigger injectors and most likely add a 7th. Plus a way to tune it all.
Don't know whats available to the tundra as far as fuel upgrades and tuning. But a snakebite blower on that thing would be ridiculous. :biggrin:

Murderface

Reaction score
Here is another place.
http://www.v6performance.com.au/TRD-Supercharged-s/41.htm

If they say that have an A2A plate kit to suit, they are full of shit.
Anything can be modified to fit, shit, I could put a V10 viper engine in my letterbox if I wanted to.

I think W2A is where its at, just have to make what we have more efficient or modify it to do so.

^^^ya i would never trust those words or buy something not made to fit exclusively on my truck.

I did notice they say they have a 10psi pulley kit with some interchangeable coupler and no mention of snout machining to fit this pulley. I sent them an email just to try and get an answer, dou t its true and for almost $600 thats a little steep
We'll see

sparkys tacoma

Reaction score
Sounds chintzy. I.don't want to knock there stuff not my style. But can it handle our boost and cfm. If its not.for our app than who knows what'll happen. 10psi on our blower isn't like 10psi on others. More or less but still different.

Jap

Reaction score
^^^ya i would never trust those words or buy something not made to fit exclusively on my truck.

I did notice they say they have a 10psi pulley kit with some interchangeable coupler and no mention of snout machining to fit this pulley. I sent them an email just to try and get an answer, dou t its true and for almost $600 thats a little steep
We'll see

I bought a modular hub and '9 psi' pulley off them.
What came in the mail was for the commodore as it was a 6 rib, not 5 rib like the TRD kits use.
So i never called them, im using it as a paperweight lol.

I was checking out the throttle body today, i'll take it in to work soon, bore it out and screw on a new plate.
Keen to see what diameter is on the other side.
No snakebite for me.
lol

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
There are advantages to a water system, water is capable of removing a ton of heat. For drag you can also cool the water down to below ambient temperatures (ice/dry ice).

Id bet on our current water setup being less restrictive then that Air plate.

Jap

Reaction score
You're right, water is a much more efficient cooling medium than air, but looks can be deceiving as far as restriction goes. There are some guys here making decent power through that, all with a 3.8L pushrod engine. I'm definitely not saying i'd prefer it myself, but there are a lot of people who would prefer to have a big cooler sticking through the front bar than a small heat exchanger for a W2A system, simply for aesthetics, if you know what I mean.
Now, is there anyone here getting their blowers ported? or has anyone had headwork/cams done?

STONER-X

Reaction score
ya everyone should spray water down the intake to cool the charge :laugh: jk

Murderface

Reaction score
I bought a modular hub and '9 psi' pulley off them.
What came in the mail was for the commodore as it was a 6 rib, not 5 rib like the TRD kits use.
So i never called them, im using it as a paperweight lol.

I was checking out the throttle body today, i'll take it in to work soon, bore it out and screw on a new plate.
Keen to see what diameter is on the other side.
No snakebite for me.
lol

Man u make ay too much money if u just have a $600 part sitting as a paper weight! Why not send it back and get ur money back?

Sparkys Tacoma sent his TRD blower in and got the blower ported and front coupler overdrive done. He pushed 16psi with the stock 3" pulley!! Then he went Kaboom!(sorry Rick). Hes in the process of rebuilding the motor with forged parts and hopefully we se this beast on the road soon or at the track! He also swapped the shitty 6 spd out for the 5 spd auto.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Our "radiator" is pretty sleeper though :-D no one knows anything is there until you open the hood or step on the gas...

Gadget

Reaction score
Here is some info that illustrates what I posted before.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/twinscrew-vs-roots-fromcatalog.pdf

You have to keep in mind the higher you go in boost with the 3 lobe Eaton the more it nose dives in efficiency. On my TRD supercharger the CDT at near 15 PSI was in the range of 300 degrees F. The data in this linked info also shows the CDT trending toward 300.

This is from the back flow problem with the 3 lobe design. As the pressure increases the air back flows through the rotors for another pass really picking up a lot of heat.

If you really want to push the envelope out there, just do so cautiously and be aware that you are going to be pushing in some really hot air and increasing your knock potential. You may find that you can make more power with less boost in some cases. Just be careful.

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Here is some info that illustrates what I posted before.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/twinscrew-vs-roots-fromcatalog.pdf

You have to keep in mind the higher you go in boost with the 3 lobe Eaton the more it nose dives in efficiency. On my TRD supercharger the CDT at near 15 PSI was in the range of 300 degrees F. The data in this linked info also shows the CDT trending toward 300.

This is from the back flow problem with the 3 lobe design. As the pressure increases the air back flows through the rotors for another pass really picking up a lot of heat.

If you really want to push the envelope out there, just do so cautiously and be aware that you are going to be pushing in some really hot air and increasing your knock potential. You may find that you can make more power with less boost in some cases. Just be careful.

G

I dont know if id 100% trust data published by a competition company's website to be totally unbiased however that is a nice article.

While we all know the twin screw design is much more efficient - every compressor (be it turbo, PD, or cent) has a efficiency nose dive when driven near its peak.

When you refer to your trd blower are you speaking of the previous gen systems or the current intercooled' one?

15 PSI is def going to require some careful looking into; sparkys data (no knock) is very good news however!!!

Id be worried about the stock internals being able to take the heat; none the less with the torque this is going to make this is not a stock internal mod.

I bet a shot of nitrous at 15 PSI would show some SERIOUS boost cooling gains alone. :rockon:

TRD on 15 PSI on spray is going to be nutty!

Jap

Reaction score
Man u make ay too much money if u just have a $600 part sitting as a paper weight! Why not send it back and get ur money back?

Sparkys Tacoma sent his TRD blower in and got the blower ported and front coupler overdrive done. He pushed 16psi with the stock 3" pulley!! Then he went Kaboom!(sorry Rick). Hes in the process of rebuilding the motor with forged parts and hopefully we se this beast on the road soon or at the track! He also swapped the shitty 6 spd out for the 5 spd auto.

No, I just bought the pulley and that was it, wasn't $600 worth.

The blower porting sounds like it would be great but I'm not keen on running over 10psi everyday.
Saying that, I'd be keen to try a shot of nitrous at the track

Top Bottom