Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quickest/Fastest 1GR Trucks - 1/4 mile

ntinhri

Reaction score
Ill take the #1 spot! DR have no idea on DA..

.484--1.874--5.488--8.393--85.16--10.864--12.963--107.47

scan00013.jpg

yes I was running drag radials

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
please update again! I was 3908!
rt 60 330 1/8 mph 1000 1/4 mph
.385-1.821--5.390--8.279--85.64--10.736--12.826--107.57
scan0002-1.jpg

Last edited:

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
nice!!! if you had the launch of the one on the right with the shifting of the one on the left, you would have hit a 12.7!!!!! keep it up brother, tearing up those times :rock:

ntinhri

Reaction score
nice!!! if you had the launch of the one on the right with the shifting of the one on the left, you would have hit a 12.7!!!!! keep it up brother, tearing up those times :rock:

yea, totally.. I have a video of my grinding 2nd gear bad and I still ran a 12.8.. FIle is jacked up so it wont convert to my pc. But I think I can get the x into 12.7, with a trans that would allow me to shift 1-2 I could hit 12.5-12.6!

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
man, if only i had went boosted, you guys would have had a hard time catching me :D

Gadget

Reaction score
I finally made it to the 1/4 mile track.

I kind of expected more hot looking girls walking around.

I made a few passes, still have a lot to learn and a lot of areas to improve on, but I was getting progressively better on each pass, expect the one I miss shifted from 1st to 4th. Just does not accelerate well in 4th for some reason.

If I can just get a consistent launch and find a way not to grind gears I think I will be able to get a decent time in.

Times for the better run:

R/T .707
60' 1.978
330- 5.684
1/8- 8.591
MPH- 85.34
1000- 11.018
1/4- 13.081
MPH- 108.73

Street tires
URD MkII-E Stage III
Maryland International Raceway
4/11/09
D/A- ? Hot
Vehicle weight without my fat asss 3895 pounds.

I did beat a brand new Z06 Corvette. He was shifting worse than me. PRICELESS!!!

I am going to let Steve teach me a little bit and see if I can make some much better runs. Clearly the truck is much faster than I am. Everyone was launching better than me and I worked real hard to chase them down, but that finish line comes up just a little quick...

Timeslip041110.jpg

G

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
nice times Gadget. Send me the bigger blower so I can keep up. :biggrin:

Gadget

Reaction score
I have one here for you and more on the way. Just say the word.

G

Super Werty

Reaction score
Nice Gadget! Fastest mph ever!

I laughing right now trying to think of something clever to say to all the haters squirming in theirs seats right now....lol.

Congrats!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Nice Gadget! Fastest mph ever!

I laughing right now trying to think of something clever to say to all the haters squirming in theirs seats right now....lol.

Congrats!

Its all about getting off the line and hitting the shifts.
Big disadvantage for the MKII is hitting second gear and dropping out of the powerband. But you can see with the times and MPH its pulling like a MOFO after that. Trans swap would do so much for times. Both with the URD and TRD setups.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Its all about getting off the line and hitting the shifts.
Big disadvantage for the MKII is hitting second gear and dropping out of the powerband. But you can see with the times and MPH its pulling like a MOFO after that. Trans swap would do so much for times. Both with the URD and TRD setups.

the best part IMO is how his slip proves that it does indeed have some serious balls in the lower rpm's

mph is almost identical to the arguably most modded TRD(ntinhri) set up at the 1/8 and beating it by the quarter....all on street tires vs the drag radials.

That to me is very impressive. And nice job on the 60 ft as well. Yet again proving it has plenty of beef off the line.

Gadget

Reaction score
I can't figure out the launch control enough to get it just right and consistent. One time it launches OK, then the next time it smokes the tires half way through second gear.

I finally figured out how to do a nice burn out. The first couple of times were nice crowd pleasures when I kept stalling it. It seems to work better with launch control turned off....

The Corvette was strange. It was a manual but when it was doing its burnouts it acted like an auto with the tires starting to spin very slow like a power brake. Just very strange. Anyone have any ideas on that?

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
the best part IMO is how his slip proves that it does indeed have some serious balls in the lower rpm's

mph is almost identical to the arguably most modded TRD(ntinhri) set up at the 1/8 and beating it by the quarter....all on street tires vs the drag radials.

That to me is very impressive. And nice job on the 60 ft as well. Yet again proving it has plenty of beef off the line.

Drag radials are needed on a TRD setup - its called low end torque. :top: This is why he pulled off a 1.9xx on street tires....

Guess I should hit the track soon... Need to find me some DRs :laugh:

Nice job gadget, no accel vids?

More MKII owners need to hit the track.

Gadget

Reaction score
Make sure you do some runs without nitrous so you can demo that low end torque without help.

G

Top Bottom