Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rennurx build thread

Gadget

Reaction score
You may want to seek a second opinion on this configuration.

G

Toon714

Reaction score
I would re do how the turbo sit.

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

trdtoy

Reaction score
Ya turbo sittin strange..... not my pref but to each their own..... solid mount or not it need support to side of motor..... no good support and/or canted turbo not good for reliability. Asking for potential lubricating/draining problems and cracked pipes and leaks. Be sure to use an oil restricter or feed line of -3 with the turbonetics or oil will seep by compressor seal. I blew seals on 2 turbonetics using -4 feed line on my 5vz taco I had. Also using a low quality restrictive filter may cause too much vacuum in compressor helping to draw oil in but this would only be during high air flow rates. Went to -3 and was fine. Set this thing up right the first time so you do not have downtime later.....tryin to save ya some headaches down the road..... loving the progress though!

rennurx

Reaction score
It had the fitting on it for the right amount of oil. Came with the turbo.. thanks for the info tho!

justin13703

Reaction score
Where are you gonna run the intake pipe and the filter? Doesn't look like there's any room. Hopefully you don't just put a screen on it...lol

I'm not sure about that mount, doesn't look very sturdy. And I don't believe that rubber piece will absorb anywhere near enough movement from the motor, so I see either cracked pipes or cracked fenders in the future lol. I'd at least be telling someone to redo that mount

rennurx

Reaction score
There is tons of room for the filter. Gonna eventually run it out the stock location. For now there's just a filter on it. And I'll guess we'll have to see about the mount. I don't predict any problems tho.

Toon714

Reaction score
Some of those welds look pretty iffy.

I hope ur fabricator is back purging.

Shits gonna crack over time with that support bracket.

rennurx

Reaction score
He builds race cars toon. I think he's good at what he does lol..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Almost done with the new turbo setup? When are we going to see some more pics and vids?!?!?!

Toon714

Reaction score
He builds race cars toon. I think he's good at what he does lol..

Lol. Just saying.

I can care less if he builds rocketships. :laugh:

Just giving u a idea on whats gonna happen in the near future. ur shit will crack over time in that wierd position with a cheap bracket mounted to the fenders...

rennurx

Reaction score
Just got the last piece in the mail today. Went for a quick drive and it pulls a lot harder now. And spool time isn't to bad. Once my gf gets hone were gonna go get some fuel trim videos and hopefully there good so I can send them off to G and get a tune. Then it will be time to find another dyno. And see what it has..

IMG_20130801_143335_728_zps33ad706f.jpg
IMG_20130801_143326_233_zpsb50662b2.jpg

And I just hit 68000!! She's getting old!

IMG_20130801_142506_207_zps6feb9ae6.jpg

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool being all crazy like that. Now the real test, once tuned in, is how well it performs. Should have better numbers considering how much more air it flows though.

rennurx

Reaction score
Just hope my fuel trims are good. If not idk what else to do lol

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Did you have to notch your washer fluid tank? Damn that's close.

rennurx

Reaction score
Did you have to notch your washer fluid tank? Damn that's close.

No its not in the way at all. I'm gonna run a pipe into the fender. Stock location, and then put my filter on it

rennurx

Reaction score
Here are my fuel trims. Idle and holding 60 mph. Torspd and G please tell me there OK haha

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
G can tell you best. I am no fuel trim expert. It looks steady and even to me in the second picture.

Top Bottom