Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rotrex vs TRD...

disciple X

Reaction score
alright guys... nobody freak out. i started a similar thread a little while ago and was told that it was "premature". well, it's not anymore. we need a thread where this topic can be discussed CIVILY... this topic should not be avoided like the topic of religion in politics...

when i first came to xru sometime last year, i wasn't particularly looking to go boosted, but the more i read about it and researched it, i had to do it... at the time from the reading i did the consensus was: turbo is better but COMPLICATED and EXPENSIVE... and there were 2 supercharger kits available that offered reliable power and great performance. i never got to participate in the thread that was dedicated to this topic as it was closed.

the new mkII kit is out and installed on several vehicles and the trd supercharger has a lot of new upgrades available. anyone care to discuss this topic without bashing or starting a flame war?

also, how many actual races have taken place between urd s/c trucks and trd s/c trucks. i personally have done this ( me vs brad ) at the dragstrip... i ran a 14.1 @98 on 4.8 psi boost, and brad ran a 13.98 at 103 on 7-8 psi. i'll be going back on 5-20 to run with probably 8-9 psi, so we should see a little better comparison.

Last edited:

trd_sport

Reaction score
IMO...................................................

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
well if your trapping at 98 on only 5 lbs of boost thats good. i dont have a s/c but i have done a lot of research on both kits. i mean the urd has its flaws and i wonder how reliable it will be running on higher boost. im sure brad was not getting 9 lbs of boost that day at the track, so to say that would be innaccurate, he was more like 7-8 bc your guys weather was not that great. but i would like to see your kit with an x-1, and more boost to see its true potential. your aic controller id ancient compared to the x-1. but since ur not that modded i think u still have much more room for improvement, my only ? would be reliablility of the s/c

Venomous_X

Reaction score
this thread will "ALWAYS" be a fail.....This is sadly just one of those that no matter how you do it, will always go bad.....I honestly think both kits are awesome as tits...and think it should be left at that. Just to be civil and to the point. Its not the equipment that makes a fast truck..It is the driver :top: Equipment is just one of the needed byproducts.

disciple X

Reaction score
the aic does it's job though... the truck's computer does just fine runnin things while i'm just cruising, and at WOT when the aic kicks in, i have that tune dialed in pretty good.

this thread is only a fail if people start hatin on it... was cali's post negative... no, was yours... yes. please lets discuss this in a positive informative way and not in a negative manner.

people have a right to know the facts. just because an issue is touchy does not mean it cannot be discussed.

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
correction Brad was running 7.5 lbs that night but however i still don't think anyone with a MKII kit has run at the track yet. I MAY be wrong but i don't recall seeing any slips.

i agree with you 100% Cameron, i would love to see a comparasion on the two kits. albeit most are gonna be biased to what setup they have but some honest numbers/slips on BOTH the TRD and URD kits would be great. i'm in no way saying previous slips/numbers are not "honest" but maybe just compile them in this thread for comparasion purposes

disciple X

Reaction score
thanks miami... i would hope a mkII kit would at least beat my time.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
this thread is only a fail if people start hatin on it... was cali's post negative... no, was yours... yes. please lets discuss this in a positive informative way and not in a negative manner.

people have a right to know the facts. just because an issue is touchy does not mean it cannot be discussed.
Let's take a trip down memory lane and reread that. There wasn't an ounce of bitterness in that previous statement whatsoever sir. :top: (internet sarcasm can be established in many ways without being ugly and negative) The facts are there. Ok, I will give you benefit of the doubt and lets disguss it while remaining civil actions :top:

disciple X

Reaction score
memory lane tells me you said this thread will always fail... if you put this in the minds of the readers... it is more likely to happen. thats all i was saying.

sooo..... anyone who has upgraded to a mkII kit or anyone who has owned both kits want to shed some insight?

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
^ fair enough....I'll reiterate a little better in the future for the betterment of the readers. :smile:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Well in order to discuss the MKII we'd actually need someone with it installed to talk about it so...............IMO................................................

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
perhaps Spyder can chime in i know he once had the URD MKI and now running the TRD. and i wanna say there was someone else too. I would LOVE to hear from someone who has run both the URD MKII and TRD

disciple X

Reaction score
i'm sure some have changed systems... i dont know how many people are actually running the mkII , but soon as they find this thread, i'm sure we will gain some helpful insight. IMO.. (in my opinion)... that's what i thought it meant, but it didn't make sense, so i thought i'd ask...lol

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
60' 2.512 woo hoo
330 6.592
1/8 9.773
MPH 78.68
1000 12.434
1/4 14.694
MPH 100.67

this was blackxrunners time at the track and he has a MK II stage II so there is something to compare too. his time sux, no offense, but his trap speed is almost 101 mph which shows the power of the car. i bet he had very bad traction problems.

IMO i think the trd will perform better in the 1/4 mile bc of the way boost kicks in, its almost instant. but on a freeway run or something like that i bet it would be the other waay around. but yeah if your only trapping 98 mph and running almost a 13 that means your an awsome driver. so if you can get yourself some more power i bet u could see mid 13's very easily. if i were to go mk I i would upgrade to x-1, 6 bigger injectors, and and fuel pump. and i bet it ould perform very well

Last edited:

disciple X

Reaction score
with a 2.5 60' no wonder... that horrible. lol. if you take the .1 in the 60' = .2 in the quarter rule and say he could have landed a reasonable 2.0... that would have been a 13.694...

i know that's all speculation, but i bet it's not far off.

disciple X

Reaction score
2.0 or 2.something... have you run the 1/4 man? i dont remember ever seeing anything from you.

Top Bottom