Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rotrex vs TRD...

disciple X

Reaction score
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd

This is from my truck, 75mm pulley, stock manifolds, URD Y Pipe and URD catback.

This is obviously before the fuel pump and the 1000cc 7th ( shes a little lean:smile:)

but you can see the torque curve there

Justin

this is from justin's truck back when he had the mkI... hope you dont mind my using this... i know he has the urd ypipe and catback, but he's runnin stock manifold, so i dont think it would make a HUGE difference. someone want to post a similar trd and mkII dyno for comparison?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Performance Facts (if you have proof of faster times please PM any mod to update this post):

URD MKI:
- Fastest 0-60mph = 5.31 seconds (Jonathan - 9.5psi + Unknown)
- Fastest 50-90mph = 6.06 seconds
(Jonathan - 9.5psi + Unknown)
- Fastest 0-100mph = N/A
- Fastest 1/8 mile MPH: 77.80mph (disciple X - Stage I)
- Fastest 1/4 mile MPH: 100mph (Jonathan - 9.5psi + Water/Meth + tune)
- Highest Peak HP = 350rwhp @ 5000rmps (Spyder327 - Stage 2.5 + Water/Meth - DynoComp)
- Highest Peak TQ =
390rwtq @ 4300rpms (Spyder327 - Stage 2.5 + Water/Meth - DynoComp)
- 2500rpm TQ = ~330rwtq (Spyder327 - Stage 2.5 + Water/Meth)

URD MKII:
- Fastest 0-60mph = N/A
- Fastest 50-60mph = N/A
- Fastest 0-100mph = N/A
- Fastest 1/8 mile MPH:
78.68mph (blackx-runner - Stage II)
- Fastest 1/4 mile MPH: 100.6mph (blackx-runner - Stage II)
- Highest Peak HP = 422rwhp @ 6150rmps (Manufacturer's Stage III w/race tune - DynoJet)
- Highest Peak TQ = 379rwtq @ 4450rmps
(Manufacturer's Stage III w/race tune - DynoJet)
- 2500rpm TQ = 300rwtq (Manufacturer's Stage III w/race tune - DynoJet)

TRD Blower:
- Fastest 0-60mph = 4.77 seconds (Super Werty - Bolt-on, APR Stage 1, URD Pulley)
- Fastest 50-90mph = 5.13 seconds
(XrunnIT - Bolt-on, APR Stage 1.5, stock pulley)
- Fastest 0-100mph = 10.93 seconds (XrunnIT - Bolt-on, APR Stage 1.5, stock pulley)
- Fastest 1/8 mile MPH:
83.58mph (XrunnIT - Bolt-on, APR Stage 1.5, stock pulley)
- Fastest 1/4 mile MPH: 106.8mph (XrunnIT - Bolt-on, APR Stage 1.5, stock pulley)
- Highest Peak HP = 351rwhp @ 6000rpms (Dak-rt-2a-XR - Bolt-on, APR Stage I, URD pulley - DynoJet)
- Highest Peak TQ = 365rwtq @ 2500rpms (Dak-rt-2a-XR - Bolt-on, APR Stage I, URD pulley - DynoJet)
- 2500rpm TQ = 365rwtq (Dak-rt-2a-XR - Bolt-on, APR Stage I, URD pulley - DynoJet)

NOTE
- All numbers were based on information available on XRU that can be seen by all members.
- Track MPH is used instead of ET, as MPH is power:weight ratio, where ET is traction and driver skill.

Last edited:

disciple X

Reaction score
that's a useful comparison... i have a feeling you'll be changing a few numbers next week...:biggrin:

where is spyder's dyno?

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
that's a useful comparison... i have a feeling you'll be changing a few numbers next week...:biggrin:

where is spyder's dyno?

In the next couple months, a lot of these numbers will hopefully be changing. MKI, MKII, and TRD.

Spyder's Dyno
garage_vehicle-6-12303449841.jpg

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason ... NOW THAT my friend, is a damn good write-up and comparison! Thanks for taking the time to do that. Would you mind taking that same post, create a new thread and stick it in the FAQ section?

disciple X

Reaction score
i love that info... only thing i see wrong is urd mkI 1/8 mile time... nitrous runs dont compare very well with non nitrous runs... it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the info, is there any way to post the fastest 1/8 without nitrous also...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
i love that info... only thing i see wrong is urd mkI 1/8 mile time... nitrous runs dont compare very well with non nitrous runs... it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the info, is there any way to post the fastest 1/8 without nitrous also...

Ya I guess we could.. the n2o is kind of an odd man out...

Fixed.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
Spyder had a monster, but with as much Meth as he was having to spray may have been pretty scary if he had a 6200 Rev limiter.

Guess we will never know....

Nice comparison Jason.

disciple X

Reaction score
i was just talking about a 5500 rev limit like normal... what do you mean by "as much meth as he was having to spray"? were intake temps super high or something? another thing... with the 75mm pulley, you cant raise the limiter. the s/c is at max rpm at 5500. (100,000 rpm max) 140mm crank / 75mm diven pulley x 9.49 "gearing" x 5500 rpm = 97,430 supercharger rpm. Or, if you calculate the other way... the supercharger is turning 100,000 rpm at 5645 engine rpm.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
what do you mean by "as much meth as he was having to spray"? were intake temps super high or something?

That is one of the purposes of meth, and given spyders location and how high he had that thing strung out id say that is an accurate assumption.

To prevent knock.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Spyder had a monster, but with as much Meth as he was having to spray may have been pretty scary if he had a 6200 Rev limiter.

As much as i was having to spray? do you have a chart showing how much i was spraying?:laugh:

People should also remember, when i did that dyno there weren't as many parts out as there are now. I didn't have long tube headers (still had toyota cats), no x-1 or MapECU2 either.

Last edited:

disciple X

Reaction score
so... how much meth were you spraying... and why does your dyno stop before stock redline?

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
As much as i was having to spray? do you have a chart showing how much i was spraying?:laugh:

People should also remember, when i did that dyno there weren't as many parts out as there are now. I didn't have long tube headers (still had toyota cats), no x-1 or MapECU2 either.
no :eviltongue:

but to keep it in line with the thread, you WERE spraying to keep spark knock and ping out, which not many if anyone is doing now? :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
no :eviltongue:

but to keep it in line with the thread, you WERE spraying to keep spark knock and ping out, which not many if anyone is doing now? :dontknow:

Not exactly, i sprayed in order to lean my AFR out in a safer way and to gain some timing. Not because i was knocking without it.

But essentially, the X-1 is now controlling similar things - which i didn't have for that dyno

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Id like to see accel videos and time slips more then anything.

We can time accel videos very accurately.

Dynos vary so much the information almost becomes useless when making comparisons.

what about an X1 data log? it has time vs wheel speed

Justin

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
what about an X1 data log? it has time vs wheel speed

Justin

correct, when timing videos we often compare them to the logs.

timing the video tends to be within .1 - .2 of the logs. :top:

So timing the video is a quicker, accurate way to get the same information when a log is not present.

timing a video taken in real time several times and taking the average sum comes very close to what the logs reflect.

Top Bottom