Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

seattle/tacoma area meet-n-mod

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
ahhh ok now i get it... yeah i guess ill just put the money towards something else... maybe an intake or a new muffler or something. not sure yet. the one i was going to get is the full kit with gauge and everything but yeah i can see how it would be pointless to have it now. well maybe after intake and exhaust ill get one. if i get the x-1 do i still need the wideband or can i just run the x-1?

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
ok well weve got 4 people for sure so far... that would be a good turnout as far as im concerned but the more the merrier.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
hell yeah i have a long way to go though... i gotta get exhaust and intake and prolly nst pullies too before i get the trd s/c and x-1. hopefully the price will go down by then. lol

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
I needs me one of those bad boys too. If I can snag the X-1 and a nice catback/y-pipe (maybe) I'm pretty sure I could touch 13s N/A :biggrin:

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
good possibility... get it all before the meet and well go to the road by the flightline at mcchord and see about those 13's lol. looks like im going to have a sos drop to put on as well as something else but i gotta keep around 100$ what can i get for 100$ that would help performance? already got a s/s

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
dang. i hate workin on saturdays. i want to meet all you guys real bad. im trying to talk my boss into letting me out on sat. good luck guys. brew and mods sounds like a good time. :biggrin:

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
just western unioned Vecte the money for my sos drop. i hope it gets here before mod day. also does anyone know where i can get mesh to finish my rgm? i have the bondo and paint and everything else i need to do it just need the mesh and some kind of fasteners to attach it to the plastic of the grill piece.

"dang. i hate workin on saturdays. i want to meet all you guys real bad. im trying to talk my boss into letting me out on sat. good luck guys. brew and mods sounds like a good time. "

we will surely have some things going on this summer. if you wanted to organize something that would be cool too man. that way it would be on your time and it could be on a day that you are off.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
lets get a list of mods going for everyone whose going to be coming. (if are planning on modding. if you arent thats cool but i am curious to see what everyones plans are... whats the status on the welder for people who need to do widebands and stuff?

1) SE_XRUNNER--- SOS 1.5/2 drop kit... finish recessed grill mod.
2) RJDoute
3) stuckinseattle
4) Blueblazeracer

RJDoute

Reaction score
I highly doubt we'll have a welder readily available. Anyone have a dremel? Mine shit out on me.

1) SE_XRUNNER - SOS 1.5/2 drop kit... finish recessed grill mod.
2) RJDoute - SubX rear inserts and 02 Sim
3) stuckinseattle
4) Blueblazeracer

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
nice ryan ive wanted to see that in person.

ive got a rechargeable one. its good for a recessed grill mod (barely) but much more and it just wont cut the mustard. what do you need it for?

RJDoute

Reaction score
Just need to dremel off the divets on the back of the rear seat. There's like 25 of them, and they're about the size of a nickel.

blueblazeracer

Reaction score
I am still talking to shane about getting the front swaybar so we shall see.

I have the URD MAF calibrator up for sale, so if you want to be able to tune your truck with out the $1400 X-1 you are in luck. just make me a resonable offer.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Not to threadjack or anything, but how do those things work? Is it some kind of plug and play part that you simply install? Reading the URD site it sounds like a tool you can use to retune the ECU, but maybe i am mistaken....The site also says that it needs to be retuned for your vehicle and the certain mods you have. So maybe its not what i thought it was...

If you buy it from someone do you need to send it in to have it retuned? Or are they just stating that as some sort of disclaimer?

Thanks for any insight. and sorry to derail this thread:ahhhhh:

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
no problem man i was wondering the same thing... from what i can gather from reading about it on here it allows you to tune the afr and other little things to get the most out of your mods. like a smaller version of the x-1... much much smaller and less powerful. i may be wrong about that but we'll see.

as for retuning for each vehicle that sort of goes without saying because everyone has different mods and every truck is different due to wear and tear on the motor and even how clean/dirty your airfilter is. but i dont think you have to send it back i think you can do it yourself sounds like. i dunno but if anyone knows this info please post up cuz it would help more than one person lol.

RJDoute

Reaction score
Sure, it's a tuning device for your vehicle. I suppose you could compare it to the APR-X1, but that's like comparing an intake to a turbocharger. :laugh:

It does the same thing just without as many options. At least, that's how I understand it. :)

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
yup yup... so it looks like i may have a tcai to put on as well!!! hopefully i get everything in time... and if i do hopefully i can wait till mod day to put do the work!!! im so excited to be making some progress on my truck.

hey ryan who did your grill for you? i think i need a hand with mine, specifically the bondo part, i got everything else under control, how much did you pay also?

can anyone whose coming to mod day help me out with the grill?

thanks

RJDoute

Reaction score
A guy on toyotanation did mine, he supplied all the parts and did all the work, I think I paid 400 but I don't quite remember.

Top Bottom