Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SO CAL/SD feeler meet thread!

What do you guys wanna do? [See details below]

• Plan A: Dana Point

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Plan B: Drive through SD and some nice curvy roads

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

R1 Chris

Reaction score
ok we still dont have a time .. morning ,afternoon what is it. i have to work but i will try to get off or just come after work.

Outburst

Reaction score
Like I said. Most of the information will be up this weekend. That way I can give you guys 3 weeks advance.

The time will most likely be around 12PM if its good weather. I'll probably be there early to take some spots for our trucks.

If it's bad weather, I'll be trying to figure out something to do and a time to do it. It'll be the same day. Luckily I have all saturday open to figure out everything.

Outburst

Reaction score
So I have a proposal. I want us to meet at Doheny State Beach but I couldn't actually check it out today because of the insane rain.

Can anyone actually do some research for me and see what it costs to reserve some spots over at their campgrounds near the beach?

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
Park Hours/Phone:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Year round: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Park Phone: (949) 496-6172[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif](Back to Top)[/FONT]

2011 Fee Schedule

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Day Use and Camping Fees [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] Generally, Day Use Fees are charged for parking only. In most cases, if you walk or ride a bike into a park, there is no charge for day use. Please visit the California State Parks web site for the latest fee information.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif](Back to Top)[/FONT]

Picnic Facilities and Fees

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Click here for a printable version of the Rules and Regulations for Doheny State Beach Group Picnics.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Please visit the[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Facilities Layout to view picnic site locations, and the Picnic Areas section of the Photo Gallery for a visual orientation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]For information on food, beverages and entertainment, please consult the web sites for Bar-B-Que Express.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Areas A and B[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]The group size requirement is 100 - 500 people per area. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Area A has 30 picnic tables and three shade canopies; Area B has 20 picnic tables and two shade canopies. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Each area has 1 large fire ring, 1 large BBQ grill, sink, counters, cold drink bin, and electrical outlets (15-20 amps). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Non-Refundable Reservation Fees (Per Day): [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] June 1st to September 30th [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] Area A: $400 (Mon. - Thu.)
Area B: $300 (Mon. - Thu.)
Area A: $800 (Fri.)
Area B: $600 (Fri.)
Area A: $1,200 (Sat. - Sun.)
Area B: $900 (Sat. - Sun.)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] October 1st to May 31st [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Area A: $400 (Mon. - Thu.)
Area B: $300 (Mon. - Thu.)
Area B: $500 (Fri.)
Area A: $400 (Fri.)
Area A: $700 (Sat. - Sun.)
Area B: $500 (Sat. - Sun.)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif](Back to Top)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] Areas 1-4 and 7-13 [/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]The group size requirement is up to 100 people per area. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Each area has 6 picnic tables, 1 large fire ring, and 4 pedestal BBQ's - all on concrete pads. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] Non-Refundable Reservation Fees (Per Day): [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] June 1st to September 30th [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $125 per area (Mon. - Thu.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $150 per area (Fri.) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $200 per area (Sat - Sun.) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]

October 1st to May 31st
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]$75 per area (Mon. - Thu.) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $100 per area (Fri.)
$150 per area (Sat. - Sun.)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif](Back to Top)

Areas 5 and 6
[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]The group size requirement is no more than 25 people per area. These sites are intended for small families only. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Each area has 4 picnic tables and 4 pedestal BBQ's - all on concrete pads. No Fire Ring is provided.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Non-Refundable Reservation Fees (Per Day): [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $40 per area (Mon.-Thu.) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $100 per area (Fri., Sat., Sun.) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED IN THESE SITES.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif](Back to Top) [/FONT] Beach Palapa

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]The Palapa is located on the beach in front of the snack bar. It is a beautiful location for a special event during the low season. The cost is determined by the details of the special event permit. Alcohol is only permitted in this area with special approval, additional permit fees, and a required Ranger Monitor. No other amenities are included in the cost. Minimum cost is $400 for 4 hours.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Food, Alcohol, and Entertainment Regulations[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Alcohol may be consumed at sites A and B, and sites 1 through 4 with the completion of the Alcohol Waiver Form. For any questions, contact the Picnic Coordinator at Doheny State Beach. Phone: (949) 496-3617[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]The non-refundable alcohol waiver fees are $150 for sites 1 through 4, $400 for site A and $300 for site B. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Food and/or beverages cannot be sold to members of your group or to the public. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]No vehicles are permitted on sidewalks or in picnic areas for loading or unloading of food and supplies. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Outside vendors and all entertainment must have Park approval, no later than 2 weeks prior to the event date.. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Contact Bar-B-Que Express for all food, beverage, alcohol, rental equipment and entertainment services at (800) 750-1770. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Amplified sound is NOT allowed; this includes no public address systems or bullhorns.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif](Back to Top)[/FONT]
Parking Information

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Group reservations do not guarantee parking (or entry when park is full). All parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Parking Fees: [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $15.00 per vehicle (normal day-use fee)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $14.00 per vehicle (senior day-use fee)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $7.50 per vehicle (disabled day-use fee) with a valid California State Parks disabled day use pass[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] $50.00 per bus (10-24 passengers) [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]$100.00 per bus (25 or more passengers)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] (Back to Top)[/FONT]

Group Picnic Reservations

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. An area is not reserved until the reservation paperwork and the full reservation fees are received at Doheny State Beach. Reservations may be made in person or a Group Picnic Reservation Form can be mailed to Doheny State Beach at 25300 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629. Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. All fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable. A $50 processing fee will be charged to all groups requesting a change in date or site once the reservation has been booked. Requests for transfers of date or site must be made in writing 30 or more days prior to the booked picnic date or they will not be accepted. No reservations are accepted for Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. FAX or e-mail requests cannot be accepted. We accept cash or checks only; sorry, no credit cards. The Doheny State Beach picnic reservation phone number is (949) 496-3617. Please visit our website at www.dohenystatebeach.org.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Email address: doheny@parks.ca.gov.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif](Back to Top) [/FONT]

Dogs

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Dogs are welcome at Doheny State Beach. They must be leashed and attended to by an adult at all times. They are permitted in the campground and day use/picnic areas. Dogs are not allowed on the beach at any time. When camping, dogs must be contained in a vehicle or tent overnight.[/FONT]

Outburst

Reaction score
You comin to the meet daniel?

Thats basically the plan. I doubt we'll need to reserve anything [middle of march, highly doubt it] but ill call in the morning to double check. Is everyone okay with 15 bucks just for parking or not okay with that? If not I also have a backup plan but it's also a different location.

Basically a nice windy and mountainy road trip in SD. Us with radios and trying to go as fast as we can safely and surely. I can plan the route if you all want to do that instead. afterwards we can hit up a bar or a place to eat and just sit back and check out each others trucks somewhere in SD.

Updated OP information.

Last edited:

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
yeah im planing on coming was just waiting to see were the thread headed as far as place and time the wife and i will probably get a hotel and hang out with you SD guys for the night

jimmyboi

Reaction score
outburst you find anything out?

i'm excited about this thing. i wanna meet other xr drivers!

Outburst

Reaction score
If we wanna go to dana point, it'll cost around 20-30 dollars per truck. That includes parking and reservation only.

If we meet somewhere else and then maybe do a nice mountain drive then go to the strand, PB or coronado here in SD, it'll cost less.

I gave out different plans. I'll put up a poll right now what you guys wanna do.

Edit:
Poll added.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Plan B FTMFW!!!!

My baby ain't much to look at, but toss her a corner or two... :top:

Plus, i have a Valentine V1, so i can be on smokey watch...

i definitely like that idea way more, maybe a Julian run? those are some epic roads...:top:

..And if we can find a empty parking lot in the middle of nowhere, ill be more than happy to "demonstrate", me and my trucks abilities... :rockon:

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Plan B FTMFW!!!!

My baby ain't much to look at, but toss her a corner or two... :top:

Plus, i have a Valentine V1, so i can be on smokey watch...

i definitely like that idea way more, maybe a Julian run? those are some epic roads...:top:

..And if we can find a empty parking lot in the middle of nowhere, ill be more than happy to "demonstrate", me and my trucks abilities... :rockon:

well you do have the receipe for a drift truck thats for sure...

hows that valentine working for you ?

jimmyboi

Reaction score
well i just bought mine so i haven't even been able to take it through some of those roads. i usually take the bike ;-)

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
there fun, ive taken mine around the glendora trail handled really nice, my buddys honda hatchy started slipping before i did !!! :top:

jimmyboi

Reaction score
Sweet! I think a URD S/S would def help me out whatever we decide to do. Anybody wanna help me out when I get it in?

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet! I think a URD S/S would def help me out whatever we decide to do. Anybody wanna help me out when I get it in?

sure man bring it..mini mod day! :top:
make sure to get the high temp sealant tho

Outburst

Reaction score
sure man bring it..mini mod day! :top:
make sure to get the high temp sealant tho
I got high temp sealant and loctite from the last install we did last meet.

I'm sure motopsyko can help you out too :top: especially with that plastic bushing. ahah.

motorpsyKho

Reaction score
I got high temp sealant and loctite from the last install we did last meet.

I'm sure motopsyko can help you out too :top: especially with that plastic bushing. ahah.

Will someone pleaseeee bring a right tool to remove that bushing! I don't feel like bleeding that day. That has got to be the hardest part of the install lol!

Top Bottom