Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Speeding Violations

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
How long have you been driving? How many times have you been pulled over for speeding? How many tickets from those? What was the worst one?

I've been driving for 7 years.
I have been pulled over 5 times for speeding.
Only 1 ticket, 2 written warnings, and 2 verbal.
I was pulled over going 77 in a 40 (only ticket) back in '03 :eek: ,
but I was just pulled over 2 weeks ago going 92 in a 65 (verbal warning) double:eek: :eek: .

I hadn't gotten a ticket since '03... and then I got my XR... and that explains the most recent.

(not looking for any 1-uppers here. just curious to see if everyone here is as lead footed as me)

Spyder327

Reaction score
Been driving about 4 years now, never been pulled over for speeding.... clean driving record. :D

lucke

Reaction score
i've been driving for 10 years
i've been pulled over more times than i can remember
i've had more tickets than i can remember (none in the X though :D)
worst was getting pulled over for walking a cop in my old prelude... he wrote me a ticket for 80 in a 65 because he didn't know how fast i was actually going, and that i actually pulled over while going 130+ :eek:

last ticket i got was for expired tags (BS ticket) back in dec 05, 6 mo before i got the X

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Clean record, funny you should mention that, Spyder. When I got pulled over 2 weeks ago, the cop (who happened to be an unmarked F-150 in MS) was super nice and when he came back to my truck with my info, he didn't give me a ticket because he said I had a clean record... but I definitely don't...?

I wonder if he could have even given me a ticket. He didn't have a uniform on. He didn't know my actual speed, just that I was going over 90 (which was definitely true). However, he did have all the gear in his truck and was wearing police type gear on his belt (including a glock, handcuffs, and whatnot). I think the only reason he really pulled me over was that it was raining quite hard and MS roads blowwww! But what he didn't realize is that I grew up driving in Florida... I know how to drive in the rain!

Spyder327

Reaction score
Clean record, funny you should mention that, Spyder. When I got pulled over 2 weeks ago, the cop (who happened to be an unmarked F-150 in MS) was super nice and when he came back to my truck with my info, he didn't give me a ticket because he said I had a clean record... but I definitely don't...?

I wonder if he could have even given me a ticket. He didn't have a uniform on. He didn't know my actual speed, just that I was going over 90 (which was definitely true). However, he did have all the gear in his truck and was wearing police type gear on his belt (including a glock, handcuffs, and whatnot). I think the only reason he really pulled me over was that it was raining quite hard and MS roads blowwww! But what he didn't realize is that I grew up driving in Florida... I know how to drive in the rain!

Theres a lot of reasons he may have let you go. He could have been off-duty and just wanted to pull you over to get you to drive slower. Maybe he was on his way somewhere else. Either way i hope that if i get pulled over i get to hear "well ill let you go since you have no record".

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]
Been driving for 26 years had had 3 fixing tickets one for not having a front license plate. 2 for having tinted windows. For speeding tickets had 5 most recent one was 04 that cost me over $200.00. Each speeding ticket I was able to go to traffic school for it. I ended up buying a radar dectector for each car. Came very close lucky I had my radar dectector. :)

Spyder327

Reaction score
FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]
Been driving for 26 years had had 3 fixing tickets one for not having a front license plate. 2 for having tinted windows. For speeding tickets had 5 most recent one was 04 that cost me over $200.00. Each speeding ticket I was able to go to traffic school for it. I ended up buying a radar dectector for each car. Came very close lucky I had my radar dectector. :)

Radar detector has most definitely saved me enough times to make it WELL worth the money ;)

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Got a ticket for expired parking meter. Over an hour it had expired. I looked at the ticket, and the stupid cop wrote my license plate wrong on it. Instead of "MORTY" he put "NORTY." What an idiot! I called to make sure...and sure enough, it went in as "NORTY." I guess NORTY isn't gonna pay his parking ticket. :D Oh, By the way...I haven't had one speeding ticket in my life. That is why I shared this story with you. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

XRobber

Reaction score
hrmmmmm
Normally I wouldnt brag about it....

I have been driving for 16 years.

By the time I hit 18, I had been suspended 11 times, had been arrested twice (Driving infractions), and lost my license for 2 years (NO DUI).
All racing infractions.
The worst ticket I ever got was 117 in a 50.

With the exception of an illegal passing ticket I got a few months back, I have a clean driving record since I was 18.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I got a ticket for going aprox 65 in a 20 the day i got my license... got out of it with the help of my attorney and some $$ (price you pay to play)

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
I got a ticket for going aprox 65 in a 20 the day i got my license... got out of it with the help of my attorney and some $$ (price you pay to play)

haha. that's awesome. yeah, i got pulled over 2 weeks after i got my license for going about 60 in a 45. gay.

07XR808

Reaction score
Been driving for 5 years now.

3 speeding tickets

-60 in a 45 mph
-45 in a 25 mph
-80 in a 50 mph-was thrown out in court

Now if you count re-con tickets...I'd say about....15-20:D

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Think this thread is cursed.. got a damn window tint ticket on the way home... argghhh

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Think this thread is cursed.. got a damn window tint ticket on the way home... argghhh
I use to always tint my windows but after the second fixing ticket and having a 12 pack in the back seat I told myself if I get out of this (19 yrs old)I will not tint my windows ever again since then I stopped putting tints on the windows.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
how does it help with camera'd tickets?
In SJ, Ca the city sets up vans with a camera and a radar inside and they move these vans all over the place. If you're driving over the posted speed limit they take a picture and mail you a ticket. Our city made it legal to issue tickets by photo.:(

Top Bottom