Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Speeding Violations

Jonathan

Reaction score
holly •XR•XR•XR•XR. radar detectors pics them all up?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Been driving for 14 years :eek:

I've only been pulled over twice for speeding (believe it or not)
1 ticket - 8 years ago - 72 in a 55

I did get pulled over on the way home from my Senior prom in my BROTHERS CAR for doing 96 in a 55. The cop let me go with a verbal warning b/c it was prom night and I had not been drinking. I thought that was pretty cool of him. Let me reiterate - IN MY BROTHERS CAR he had let me borrow for prom! I told him like 10 years later and freaked out... it was awesome.

I did get two tickets for illegal lights in my first car for running neons and strobes on the highway but just had to pay court fees.

BigBuff87

Reaction score
Well Lets see Ive been driving almost 4yrs and ive been pulled over about 20 times and have gotten four tickets out of them. (10 times for speeding, 6 times for wreckless driving(which i had it under control the whole time), and 4 for music violations (4 10" subs will do it to ya everytime!!haha)). And yes im not lying ive gotten outta most of them because my mom knows almost all the cops haha!

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
And yes im not lying ive gotten outta most of them because my mom knows almost all the cops haha!

His mom "KNOWS" them... hahahaha. J/K man!!! :aetsch: I couldn't pass that one up! Let's go get a :beer: and forget about the whole thing :laugh::wink: (well, you can get a coke)

Stevenredx

Reaction score
im sure he can take a joke... or atleast i hope so :hmmmm2:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I got a speeding ticket about a week after I got my license. I was hurrying home trying to make curfew(sp?) and got pulled over for doing 42 in a 30. Ever since then, I don't speed anymore lol.

wshsbears

Reaction score
i've had my share of tickets... i've been driving 3.5 years..
first ticket was in GA 95 in 70 on I-95. he wrote it for 85 in 70 b/c i had my JROTC uniform in the trunk when he asked to see what was in there (i was coming back from Paris Island, SC where my uncle was stationed)

second ticket 72 in 50.. my dad knows all the cops in my city (former city commissioner) they called him (i was 16) he said give the kid a ticket :motz:

third was turning off the same road but in a different area. 37 in 25 and he tried to throw a reckless driving charge b/c he clocked me in the middle of a corner. got out of that right there.

fourth was driving home from work (had an expired tag and couldn't renew it b/c it was in my dad's name) i was speeding but got out of that and got an expired tag ticket 57 in 45??

fifth was goin home from school 54 in 35, got a violation of traffic control device ticket for that one. that was march. 20 last year, since then, no tickets...

warnings..

i got pulled over for driving sideways on the beach
audio too loud on the beach
85 in 60 on the way to the beach
turning around in a church parking lot at 3 AM while 16 y/o (driving after curfew) and i had other minors in the car with me :damnmate:
the one everyone at slamfest knows about... there will probably be some pics that show up somewhere.. burnout in ybor city..
passing a cop (not in patrol car) in the middle of a turn and getting back in his lane before the end of the turn
drifting in parking lots (multiple times)
theres probably some more that i can't think of..

GixX-Runner

Reaction score
have had my mine for 11 yrs i speeding ticket ( in the X) and 1 on my gixxer
didnt know the speed. wrote it up for 10 mph over. it was more like 100 over.
turns out the cop knew my uncle.

now i can play in the arcade:aetsch:

stretch200

Reaction score
driving for three years. one ticket for going 110 in a 55. But that was in my old car. The ticket got removed.:top: so I have a clean record. never been pulled over in the X yet. But I do speed all the time. :biggrin:

onin24eagle

Reaction score
I was driving to see a friend and got pulled over and given a ticket. On the way back home I got a ticket by the same cop at the same spot going in the other direction. That night, I got another ticket on my bike this tiime. Thankfully the 3rd ticket was not from the same cop.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
kinda reminds me of my buddy, he got pulled for having a taillight out and he gave him a warning. After he left there less than 2 miles and 10 mins he hit a cow on a 4 lane highway then the same cop came and gave him a dui. Talk about some bad luck.

XDsm

Reaction score
*knock on wood* Only one ticket so far and it was for speeding. Got pulled for 5 over which was BS bc I was slowing down into the left turn lane. I think he tagged the car next to me that was flying but I was a teen then so I had no hope in fighting. Paid the ticket and took traffic school to get it off my record.

07XR808

Reaction score
*knock on wood* Only one ticket so far and it was for speeding. Got pulled for 5 over which was BS bc I was slowing down into the left turn lane. I think he tagged the car next to me that was flying but I was a teen then so I had no hope in fighting. Paid the ticket and took traffic school to get it off my record.

you guys are lucky you can take traffic school to remove speeding tickets off your record. in hawaii, a speeding ticket can stay on your record in excess of 3 years...and that can affect a lot of things...say a job

XDsm

Reaction score
They only allow it once in certain amount of a time frame. Since it was my first offense I was able to do but at the time I believe I would have had to wait 3 years before I could do it again.

07XR808

Reaction score
They only allow it once in certain amount of a time frame. Since it was my first offense I was able to do but at the time I believe I would have had to wait 3 years before I could do it again.

that's still better than nothing. what does the traffic school consist of?

DOGO X

Reaction score
Well a policeman had a party with me 4 yrs ago. riding my bike no helmet, no registration and license speeding was the cause. 4 points deductions and 700 fee

XDsm

Reaction score
that's still better than nothing. what does the traffic school consist of?

For me it was a Saturday and Sunday deal. Mostly just lecture out the Driver's handbook and some videos. The instructor I had didn't seem to really want to teach so the class was extremely easy.

Top Bottom