Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SSM RegCab XR project in progress

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
LOL...someone was bound to say it...but gotta give it to the kid for being innovative

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
I'm sorry I have to say this. That's SO ghetto looking its not even funny. Why on earth would you use bolts and drill into the truck? The flares have the area to screw them into the fender liner underneath them. You could of also just gone and got all the mounting hardware for the side skirts from toyota or could of made your own out of some aluminum. Also when you shortened the skirts did you join them just using bondo and nothing else?

it's alright Kyle, I can smoothen out the bolts that are visible from the outside...

I just bondo-ed the side skirts for a quick fix for now, I don't have time to make it smooth yet...so that will come eventually. As for the bolts, I could just shave it off and smooth it out to look exactly like an XR. But I am working on it.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Nyles: looking good bro...very innovative...:biggrin: personally I would have fastened the xr body kit with bolt on the inside and not on the outside. but to each his own...:top: You might have a tough time grinding down the bolts flush and smoothing the body out...but that will come with patients and time. keep us updated bro...

Michigan X-Runner

Reaction score
Nyles: Even though people are giving you a hard time, its a great feeling to do something on your own!

Its your truck! enjoy!

trd_sport

Reaction score
well, after a nice long weekend and a few days after...here is what I have done so far...the RegCab XR is coming to life...

few questions:
1) I kind of like the look of the bolts sticking out (maybe gonig to cover it with something else later) and I would rather stick to that instead of shaving it off and making it smooth like the XR body kit...what do you all think?

2) I like the black look
lol.gif
anybody likes it?

3) Should I leave the back two bumper pieces off? I kind of want to so you can see my coffee cans
waytogo.gif

gonna be working on smoothing it all out now, oh and btw...the kit DIDN'T come with the fasteners and clips, thus why I am using the bolts!

I am open to suggestions for anything

1.) It doesnt look right IMO with the bolts there. Smooth them out or better yet, go buy the mounting hardware.

2.) I think if you 2 toned onto the body instead of just the kit...it would look 100x better.

3.) I think it would make the kit incomplete by leaving the rear off.

Why did you decide to use bolts to hold it together? It's in no way how the factory kit is installed. You created a hell of alot of work to smooth those bolts down. I'm not sure the bondo is going to hold either. Did the VIS kit have any mounting points on the rear side of it? What kind of paint did you use on the kit? It looks like it was kind of rushed together.....it needs some more tlc imo. Of course if you like it thats all that matters, but those bolts have got to go!

YotaFab

Reaction score
Zip Ties!!!!!! ditch the bolts and drill hole on the back side. or just duct tape and super glues that always works

Shanes56

Reaction score
you could take the holes out and epoxy the studs to the underside fo the kit then you wont see them. and fill in the whole.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
it will look awesome when its finished, i would say the hardware would have been the best way but hope you get it fixewd soon

krazy_j

Reaction score
i would just mold the kit into the body with no seams and screw in to the fender wells from the underside and get paint done and it would look sic

05runner

Reaction score
Keep updated pics goin, i know i wanna see the finished product. :biggrin:

Grumpy

Reaction score
That's one way of attaching the kit, can't say that I've this before. Doesn't really matter what everyone else think, as long as you like 'em.

grahammc

Reaction score
I'm sorry but only one word pops into my head when I look at that, GHETTO

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
sorry but i have to agree.... with all the holes it looks nothing at all like an X.... not saying it cant, but do it correctly. i mean if ANYTHING superglue it on before bolting it on..... if you like it, then ill leave it alone but... if you spent all that money, spend a little more to do it right and have it look amazing!!!!

BoominTaco

Reaction score
nyles yo truck look sick, don't let anybody tell you that it aint B>> A>>... keep up the good work...:top:

rich017

Reaction score
I would install it right and have it painted correctly. Afterall, those body kit pieces did cost about 2K

PLCX

Reaction score
sorry but i have to agree.... with all the holes it looks nothing at all like an X.... not saying it cant, but do it correctly. i mean if ANYTHING superglue it on before bolting it on..... if you like it, then ill leave it alone but... if you spent all that money, spend a little more to do it right and have it look amazing!!!!

well said.....

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
people are gonna critisize...it may not have been the "right" way to do it...his truck...he gotta live with it...let em breathe LOL

Top Bottom