Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"The Heart of a Matar"

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So, as some of you know, I took a trip with Dan (Butters607) to get my motor rebuilt at APR. This was to be just a stock rebuild. No internals. No funds for that. So, we left on Tuesday and got to David's shop in the afternoon. We immediately starting the tear down process. We ended yesterday with the following conclusions:

Ring land failure on 3 pistions. 3,4, and I don't remember the other. Pics tell it all. Engine had around 90K miles. Everything else looked ok. So, we have gaskets, new pistions, rings, etc., on order. The rods will be replaced from a motor with 24k miles on it. We found two sheered off bolts for the carrier bearing. David used a cool trick to get them out. Rethreaded one hole. So the motor sits now, naked. Waiting for parts. We came back today. Will go back in a few weeks to pick it up.

Just like to say thanks to David (APR), Dan (Butters607) and PinkTaco (nice to meet ya). It was very informative. I have to say again, if it wasn't for David, G, and Butters......KETCHUP may never have seen a 4th fix. I wanted to just give up. These guys are kick ass! Care about me and that means a lot to me. Either of them could have just turned their back and walked away. Anyways......thanks guys. So here are some pics. Enjoy.......

We managed to bring some rain with us. David was pleased lol. Said we needed to come down once a week and he would have his neigbors pitch in for my gas....
009-7.jpg

011-6.jpg

012-5.jpg

013-5.jpg

014-6.jpg

015-4.jpg

016-5.jpg

017-5.jpg

018-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

021-3.jpg

Nothing like a little EP dust!
022-4.jpg

more pics are uploading..... stay tuned.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
That's all the pics u have? Weak!!! Sounded like u would have some pics of the pistons and ring lands with the way u were talking. Come on and post up some good pics that tell the tale of a blown motor

KETCHUP

Reaction score
That's all the pics u have? Weak!!! Sounded like u would have some pics of the pistons and ring lands with the way u were talking. Come on and post up some good pics that tell the tale of a blown motor

they are downloading..... computer just off in the middle. Patients young grasshopper!

Here are some more pics!
023-3.jpg

024-2.jpg

025-4.jpg

026-3.jpg

Butters
027-4.jpg

Ketchup
029-3.jpg

030-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

032-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

034-2.jpg

035-1.jpg

036.jpg

AND THA DAMAGE!!
037-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

039-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Now just finishing tear down
043-1.jpg

this is how you reinsert a piston
044-1.jpg

what was left of the sheered carrier bearing bolt
046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

End result until parts come in next week
049.jpg

Got to hit the track with the MK3 San Antonio Raceway. Was a fun night. Met up with Robert (1GRracer). Fun night.
052.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
glad you're gettin' the 'mater all fixed up!!!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
glad you're gettin' the 'mater all fixed up!!!

me 2. should be all back together with some new recommended items....ready for TEXFEST with a fresh....safe tune.

Once we get it back in, also have a sway bar kit and hopefully stock height coils to install.....

Can't wait to see it done bro.

Hell yea! Nice to kick it again bro. That damn 4runner of yours has some balls. I think there are pleanty of Xs that can't run a 14.7. And to beat a 350Z and a mustang was priceless! Good times bro. Look forward to the next.

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of work that I know nothing about:hmmmm2:

Anyways good luck with everything and I can't wait to see Ketchup running again!

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Hell yea! Nice to kick it again bro. That damn 4runner of yours has some balls. I think there are pleanty of Xs that can't run a 14.7. And to beat a 350Z and a mustang was priceless! Good times bro. Look forward to the next.
It took some work to get Lucario there and I still need to work on a few things get a little more outta it, but the results are good for not being boosted imo. Always fun hanging out, plus that trip looking for the damn rods was well a trip lol! Looks like I'll need to pull a werty. (gutting the truck fyi)

dramad1

Reaction score
It's reminds me of that movie rocky. Glad to see it's all coming together again. Hope to see it back soon brotha man, and I think it's pretty sick that you got all this help and support through it all, you got some righteous bros there brotha.

Slay0r

Reaction score
was that Mr. Canoe's RR covered in the background there??

what did the mk3 run??

Slay0r

Reaction score
nice, i saw you put the vid up on fb, i just havent had time to watch yet

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
glad to hear it sauce boss

and moar pick of the sneeky runner in pic one

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I wont lie, if I was that close to balboa's truck, id have took a dump on the windshield and smooshed a wiper on the turd. :bird:

Murderface

Reaction score
I wont lie, if I was that close to balboa's truck, id have took a dump on the windshield and smooshed a wiper on the turd. :bird:

Ha ha ha ha:laugh: I'd have to slap a rainbow sticker on the bumper that says," I'm not gay but my boyfriend is"!:rainbow::rofl::rofl::rofl::beavbutt::effyou::nutkick::urawoman:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha:laugh: I'd have to slap a rainbow sticker on the bumper that says," I'm not gay but my boyfriend is"!:rainbow::rofl::rofl::rofl::beavbutt::effyou::nutkick::urawoman:
I'm not a football player, but I am a wide receiver.... :crinklehair:

dramad1

Reaction score
ChristDenied said:

Yeah bud your not gay but your trading in your x. Fag

Venomous_X said:
I'm not a football player, but I am a wide receiver.... :crinklehair:

We all already know this

Last edited:
Top Bottom